Bulletproof Coffee: Did anyone else see this article today?

I attempted to read the comments. However, the high level of ignorance quickly became intolerable!

As a proud coffee fanatic the thought of butter in my coffee actually turns my stomach a little. But I think the premise is good. I believe I'm achieving the same with the coconut milk I put in my coffee each morning!

Yeah, the author definitely didn't do her homework (his homework?) at all. At least do research, try to find people's results using bulletproof coffee. Don't just spout the whole "gotta cut calories to lose weight" crap. I'm hearing enough of that out of my husband right now, it just makes me mad.

Your body doesn't digest 100% of the calories you ingest! Some pass straight through you and aren't utilized. So don't think that you just need to cut stuff to eat if you want to lose weight. 

I've found that being fat-adapted makes me surprisingly efficient at digesting sugars. I knew I was eating a crap lunch when I just had gluten-free honey nut chex plain. I surprised myself in that I managed to use it as fuel for four hours (cereal usually is an hour for me, tops). I felt like crap as it ended, obviously, and I immediately ate the coconut larabar (mostly to get fat, since it has added coconut oil) to try to counteract it, but definitely interesting. 

• 3 weeks later...

The advice seems geared towards people that don't do Paleo. Of course if you eat SAD and just decide to start adding butter to your coffee you have the potential to create or accelerate weight gain. Duh.

Also agree that it is a poorly worded description of Paleo. I think people on Paleo eat more veggies then those on SAD. I've known a lot of people on SAD that don't eat any vegetables than potatoes and corn, and the ocassional lettuce leaf and tomato on a burger.

That reminds me of a King of The Hill where at Peggy's urging to eat some vegetables, Hank relents, "OK, I'll have some macaroni salad." LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived