Drinks Anyone?

bnlauren

SO...my bf is attempting the Whole30 challenge and he's going nuts bc he can't use the flavored powder/liquid anymore. He hates coffee and the doctor said since he's had kidney stones he should stop drinking tea but if increases your chances of having them, especially if you've had them in the past.

What other options are there other than coconut water, tea, coffee, and regular? Anyone?

There are about 10 million different types of herbal tea that he could have - hot or cold. Rooibos and peppermint are my faves, but I also have a ginger, lemon and ginger, chai, vitality (I can't remember what's in that, but it's soothing and delicious). Just make sure you check that it's only herbs, nothing else like honey, artificial sweetener, soy...

I'm a sparkling water fan: I alternate between Perrier and San Pellegrino. At home, I just have them plain. In a restaurant, I have soda water with lime.

Do you have a resource for flavored seltzer in your area? Your boyfriend might like that. Just seltzer and natural flavor (no juice, sugar or other nasties). Something like this product: http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/Seltzers/tabid/59/Default.aspx

• Moderators

I drank plain water for months without thinking twice, but when I want to do something special, I add a splash of lemon or lime juice to my water. I keep bottles of lemon and lime juice in the refrigerator because it is easier than squeezing fresh fruit. I have a bottle of black cherry juice at the moment and make a glass of black cherry flavored water occasionally. It is okay, but I prefer lemon or lime.

And I am a big fan of herbal teas. My favorites include lemon and ginger, Tazo's Wild Sweet Orange, and peppermint.

I'm a sparkling water fan: I alternate between Perrier and San Pellegrino. At home, I just have them plain. In a restaurant, I have soda water with lime.

Do you have a resource for flavored seltzer in your area? Your boyfriend might like that. Just seltzer and natural flavor (no juice, sugar or other nasties). Something like this product: http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/Seltzers/tabid/59/Default.aspx

Where can I find this?

Where can I find this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Polar Beverages is a company based in Massachusetts.  Given that I live in New England, I can find them at most grocery stores. I don't know if they ship outside New England.  I would check the soda aisle of your favorite grocery store for this product or something like it.

In the meantime, you/your boyfriend might find this article interesting: has many suggestions for drinks including links to articles of flavored drinks you can make on your own. http://whole9life.com/2012/10/quench-your-thirst-whole9-style/

"Flavored seltzer" is something super common in Germany. It's called a "schorle" and is delicious and SUPER easy to make yourself with fizzy water and 100% juice. The usual mix here is 2/3 fizzy water, 1/3 juice, but you can adjust that as you wish to make it more like a flavored water than a carbonated not-strong juice. It's worth noting that the juices here are much less strong than in the US.

Archived