I did it! Time for Reintroduction!

bep0819

I made it through the Whole37! I'm so  happy. It was not hard at all. There were tempting moments but they were short and over before I knew it. I lost 9 pounds. I'm not sure on inches. I don't plan to weigh again for another month as I plan to keep my foods whole30 compliant except for a few things I'm reintroducing. Although I had a great loss I hate the scale. I prefer how my clothes fit and how I feel. Trying whole milk in a latte later today, some cheese and a scoop of ice cream. Will reply to this thread with my results.

Had my coffee with half and half (no whole milk available) and my stomach has not been happy. Had a few bites of cheese and it was not that appealing! I'll post about ice cream tomorrow and any side effects. What an interesting day..

Loved the taste of ice cream - that has not changed. BUT, was just fine after I was finished - meaning, I was not tempted to have any more. This morning my system was just fine BUT I have a pimple!!! Ugh!

So glad to be eating completely compliant Whole30 foods today! I will reintroduce taco chips on Monday. Beyond that I'm staying compliant :-)

A pimple right after the dairy? mmm... I'm not reintruducing milk or cheese then! 

Make your own Ice Cream so you use only fruits no milk no sugar!!! :)  Im so going to buy the Yonanas once I finnish my w30 that way I can have Ice Cream and remailn compliant :P

My Dad brought my daughter home last night so we went out for BBQ. I did not do my best and GI wise I paid for it today. I had a large salad and they did not have a compliant dressing. I do not like dry salad so I opted for Italian and used it sparingly. I had one potato chip, one bite of cheesy corn and one bite of beans (these items were not on my plate but from my Dad and my Husband). I immediatly realized the road I was traveling down and finished my meal of smoked salmon. This was one of my fears of the 30 days ending. This morning I did not feel well at all. Who knew 3 bites - small bites - would cause upset. I can't even imagine if I ate an entire portion. My take away is to spend the next week compliant to let my system recover.

Right now I feel simply following the whole 30 template is easier and more successful then being cut loose so to speak.

Sorry you feel so awful.  It is mind-blowing the potential impact of foods (even in small amounts) that don't agree with us.

Regarding salad dressings options while dining out in the future, would some olive oil and lemon wedge to squeeze on the salad work for you?  That, or bringing along your own dressing?

@GFChris - I will bring my own dressing in the future!! I had hoped they had balsamic or by chance some olive oil but it was not in the cards.

Saturday was completely compliant and I did not have any temptations I couldn't work through for cake and ice cream at my daughters party!! Today I feel great!

Yesterday I went to a wedding. I decided to reintroduce wheat on Sunday due to the main dish being lasagna. In the afternoon I had some taco chips. So unappealing - ended up throwing them out. At the wedding there was a choice of chicken so I had one bite of my husbands lasagna and a dinner role with the chicken and asparagus. I did have a small piece of wedding cake, my sugar dragon appeared and I ate more frosting than I should have. Today I feel like I have a hangover. It's awful.

Lesson learned. Stay on plan and feel good. If I off road I tend to go overboard. I truly see the benefits of living a whole30 lifestyle all of the time.

By the way. That was my last reintroduction food. The rest I do not eat. I love peanut butter and will eat it from the jar so I'm skipping that altogether. I only eat beans when my husband makes homemade refried beans. That won't happen for months so I'll cross that bridge then...

Archived