Reintroduction adventures

So far, I've reintroduced dairy (made me grumpy, so stopped other than will keep the door open for an occasional treat) and legumes (my blood sugar has risen higher than I need it to be). I'm taking it a week at a time to get honest readings on my blood sugar. Whole30 brought my blood sugar down to almost normal levels, and I do not want to undo that! 

I'll be clean next week and then will reintroduce grains. I don't have high hopes for those, but I do want to try.

My long term plan is to stick as close to W30 as possible. I do enjoy raw local honey and some sea salt, but other than that, I'm pretty much on target with the W30 plan. 

My doctor really likes what I'm doing (he's the one who recommended W30 to begin with). 

I'm so curious what others do when they are past their W30 days to maintain the benefits.

Sea salt, kosher salt, ordinary table salt is all encouraged during a Whole30. We don't want you eating flavorless food!

That's what I thought. I keep reading paleo sites that say not to use it, but sea salt is amazing. I use less than regular table salt. I started using it with the beginning of my W30. I stuck with it. I've changed a lot of my spices and added others to my repertoire. 

You are not eating processed foods which are loaded with salt. So..salt up. :) I found it easier and calming to just read W9 and W30 stuff when doing W30. Paleo has so many variables depending on who and what you read. :)

You are not eating processed foods which are loaded with salt. So..salt up. :) I found it easier and calming to just read W9 and W30 stuff when doing W30. Paleo has so many variables depending on who and what you read. :)

Susan W - I love what you said about the Paleo variables. There are really so many paths when starting a journey to Paleo. ISWF is the first book I read that really resonated with me. I love the whole30!!!

You know, I thought it was paleo I was getting into, but for me, it's much more than that. I do have the raw honey once in a while, and I'm sure I'll have a Greek yogurt now and then, but as I have diabetes and see the numbers on a daily basis, it's easy to see what is working and what is not. I know there is no going backward, but I wish a physician had told me about this a long, long time ago, even if it was a variant before W30 was conceived. 

Now to learn more about what's next :)

Archived