Dizzy/nauseous feeling

I'm on day 4 and I started feeling dizzy, then nauseous after dinner. I think the sesame seeds I ate were rancid (I only used a couple teaspoons and spit most of them out). Other than that, the parsnips are the only unusual thing I ate at dinner, the rest was standard fare. I also had eggs for the first time at lunch today.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I get dizzy and sometimes a bit nauseated when my blood pressure is too low.  I have chronic low BP so it doesn't take much of a drop to feel 'off'.  For me, adding some salt back to my diet helped a lot, plus the addition of a bit of caffeinated coffee to my morning ground cacao drink.  I need a boost!  Also, hormonal changes really affect me.

I don't know if I would blame the meal, necessarily.  Could be a coincidence or I could be wrong.

Do you feel better now?  Did it pass?

Maybe a bug?   Food 'poisoning' won't come on that quickly after eating, though.  Sounds like you felt ill soon after the meal?  My vote is for coincidence, but certainly toss those nasty sesame seeds and store them in the freezer from now on.  I put all nuts/seeds in the freezer if I'm not eating them quickly (especially raw).

I hope you feel better, and good luck with the rest of your Whole30!

Hi,

I am on day 4 and felt queasy yesterday and this morning. Nothing sounds good to me to eat. Also got a little light headed a few times yesterday when I stood up. I think it is normal for this part of the program but it still feels lousy! :(

Yep!  This is pretty standard fair for "sugar hangover".  It could possibly be a bug of some sort but it also could be a "carb flu".  I never had it really bad but you do feel quite yucky for a few days.

Hang in there.  If you can get some bone broth down, do try.  It will help soothe a tummy in a pinch.

Archived