Am I oversleeping?

I am on Day 21 of my 2nd W30 and I noticed that while I am going to bed sooner (around 9:30-10pm every night, even weekends!)... I don't get up after 8 hours. Don't get me wrong- I know sleep is good...and I've been sleeping AMAZING-- just wondering if I am pushing the envelope of "over sleeping"

I wake up during the week at 5:15am to head to radiation for my cancer--but then come home, eat breakfast, and go to work at 8am. I am off at 5 everyday: come home...usually do my workout and then immediately eat dinner, all before 7pm. I noticed on the days that I don't have to be at radiation, I wake up naturally at 5:45am but I sleep in until 7am... which means I am getting close to 10 hours of sleep.

is this too much?? I can't imagine it is considering that my body is undergoing quite the changes with radiation treatment- but I'm off chemo currently during this process so I feel like I have amazing energy thanks to W30-  And I am sure I am overthinking this, but I am putting my thoughts out there to see if maybe others are experiencing any of the same thing?

• Moderators

I had chemo then radiation for Hodgkin's disease many years ago, but I remember how unbelievably exhausted I was. Don't underestimate how much radiation, though different from chemo, can knock the stuffing out of you. No amount of sleep you're able to give yourself right now is too much, especially given how active you are the rest of the day.

Take good care and best of luck!

Archived