Flavored coffees and flavored seltzer

melferrell

Day one of my Whole30 and as I'm finishing my coffee this morning, black of course, my mom asked if we could have flavored coffee. Never thought to ask! Then she asked about flavored seltzer which is a favorite amongst the two of us. It's Polar brand seltzer, no added sugar or anything just "natural flavoring". Do I need to err on the side of caution and forgo these two items for the next 30 days or am I ok? Don't want to start my 30 off on the wrong foot!

I found this water at Starbucks called "hint". Just purified water and natural flavor. No fat, cals or sugar/sweetener.

I have trouble drinking plain water and rarely drink coffee, adding a piece of fruit to my water has helped as well.

Meghan you're not alone, whenever I have had decaf in the past I get a full blown migraine!! My Dr. said I'm sensitive to the chemicals that they use to extract the caffeine. Needless to say unless I trust the restaurant I am eating at I stay away from coffee in general because sometimes they'll do the old switch-a-roo and I pay for it ALL night long! :-(

In regards to my question I have checked all labels and it simply states "natural flavoring"...I think I'm safe with the flavored coffee and seltzer.

Archived