Colleen and David's Excellent Whole30 Summer Adventure #2

Colleen Roy

Here we go. Again. After a few faulty starts, today is the day. Day One.

Up at 5:30 am to head to CrossFit. Hit every, single traffic light and ended up missing half the warmup. Last nights last hurrah ice cream sundae decided to fight back (yeah, I definitely have a dairy intolerance-duh) and I missed much of the skill work....the WOD was ok though, even though I wasn't feeling very strong. And, now I have the rest of the day ahead of me!

Pre-workout: coffee with coconut milk, Lara bar

Post-workout/meal one: spaghetti squash sautéed with onions and garlic, two eggs

Worked outside in the hot, hazy sun cleaning up the debris from a tree removal. What a mess! So hot out there! I worked for about two hours, then cleaned up and had a snack.

Apple with cinnamon ginger almond butter

Dinner: Korean spiced ground beef over cabbage salad (with carrots, red onions, red & yellow peppers and cilantro.

Had a handful of cashews while cooking. Need to get back in the habit of three meals....

Official day Two!

Slept quite soundly last night- turned off the AC after a series of thunderstorms blew threw and cooled things down a bit. Hate the heat and humidity, but love the quiet of no AC!

It's going to be another scorcher today. Slept in until 7:00, so I am well rested. Here's what is on the agenda:

Clean up more debris from the tree removal

Help DH put up cedar shakes on the barn

Replace the fence????

Float about on the lake with some good friends....

Ahhhh, summer vacation!

Meal One: scrambled eggs with Italian sausage, 2 cups coffee with coconut milk

Day deux, part deux...

Decided to skip the hot sun and had every intention of working on my grad class and avoiding the heat and sun, but my husband decided he wasn't working (currently doing a paint job that has lead paint that needs scraping-requires a hazmat suit....not a good idea when it is 95 degrees with 95% humidity...)

So, he started residing our barn as the next step to moving our hot tub over and I did some more yard clean up...four hours. I am very sunburned....ouch. I promise, I will not work outside tomorrow!

That said, I skipped meal two again! Damnit! Between the heat and being outside, I wasn't even hungry though.

Meal three was a hearty serving of chicken pad Thai a la well fed. I love that recipe! It's 8:30 now and I am a little hungry...think I will have a banana with a little almond butter before bed.

6:30 CrossFit class tomorrow morning, then I will come home and work on my grad class and not be out in the sun!

Happy Wednesday and welcome to day three..

Slept soundly- from 9:30 until 2:00....I think my sunburn woke me up. Got up for a glass of water and some cold aloe gel and took an Advil. Seemed to help, but I really didn't fall back to sleep after that! Ups at 5:00 to wake up enough to get to the 6:30 CrossFit class.

Pre-WOD snack: cup of coffee with coconut milk and a cashew Lara bar

Post-WOD meal: leftover paleo pad Thai (well fed) YUM.

Showering and working on my grad class...NOT working outside!

Ouch on the sunburn! I've found putting coconut oil on a sunburn to be very cooling and pleasant. You might also want to consider trying Tylenol instead of Advil as Advil can be a stomach irritant.

I made the Pad Thai for my dinner tonight. Looking forward to trying it. Did you do spaghetti squash or zoodles? I used zoodles because I had spaghetti squash with my lunch.  :)

Hope you have been enjoying your cool day inside! I don't miss those hot humid New Hampshire/East coast summers.

Archived