What to do with bananas?

intheboonies

Assuming you're still on your Whole30, make a paleo banana bread and freeze it until after you're done with W30.  If you need a recipe, let me know - I've got one in my Paleo Comfort Foods book.

EDIT: Another idea: maybe some sliced bananas with sliced strawberries (total fruit no bigger than your fist) drizzled with a bit of coconut cream? 

Mash it up with an avocado or almond butter for a treat!

Freeze and blend in a blender for 'ice cream'... although we aren't supposed to be making desserts.  Freeze and keep to post Whle30

When my bananas are going bad, I peel them, slice them in half and then freeze them on a plate.  Once they are frozen, I toss them into a ziplock baggie and leave in the freezer to grab for smoothies (post-Whole30).

We freeze 3 bananas along with one clementine on a plate for one hour.  Then put them all in a blender with 1/2 cup coconut milk and about 8 ice cubes and it makes a great frozen treat!!  after whole30 of course but bananas will stay for a month in the freezer.

Hubby sautes them in butter/ghee with a sprinkle of cinnamon. The taste is great, although he always does it with overripe bananas and the texture is...less than ideal, given that I only like marginally ripe bananas (think still slightly green).

I second...or third the idea of freezing them as a post W30 treat.

When I was a kid, my Mum used to peel and cut bananas in half and freeze them. She'd tell me they were special popsicles for Juvenile Diabetics. I wasn't fooled but still thought they were pretty tasty.

I use some fruit (usually bananas) in breakfast every morning. My normal breakfast is an egg hash, with the banana, leftover veggies from last night's dinner or pre-roasted veggies (sweet potato is ideal in this) with some kale and meat (I've been cycling between chicken strips, beef strips and smoked salmon). Fry it all up in the fry pan, and add a few eggs at the last moment to scrabbled through the veggie and meat mix. The banana adds some carbs which is great in the morning (especially if I have a workout later on) and a little bit of sweetness. Soooo good, especially because its nice and warming and its winter at the moment.

Archived