A bit confused on eating out

Barby1120

Hello. Today I am on day 8 and I am actually feeling great, with little to no cravings. I have been reading on the forums about people eating out and having sweet potato fries, and other foods out. I am a bit confused because I thought a large part of whole30 is how the food is cooked. I am sure most places don't cook in coconut oil, much less fry their sweet potato fries in it.... I have been avoiding eating out, although I love it and miss it, but I am terrified to order something I shouldn't eat and have my efforts be pointless. HELP

Those folks may have been post W30, or they may have found out the oil was OK. I'm pretty sure the mods have said canola oil is actually not banned during the W30, there are just better options (soybean on the other hand...that's a no-go). It is not easy to eat at restaurants during your W30. It's best (and less stressful for you) if you review their menu online ahead of time, and/or call and ask questions before you go.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, the point i believe is more to avoid it whenever you can, but if you are out at a restaurant and ok with a risk, have something that may be canola oiled/etc. however it wouldnt be healthful, so baked sweet potato would be way better. however, yolo.

Archived