still no energy on day 13

I'm on day 13 of my first whole30.  It's been going pretty well, I've haven't strayed off track at all, but I'm still so tired and have no energy.  I thought that the "tiger blood" feeling was supposed to kick in by now.  And all I want is a diet coke and chocolate chip cookie.  Has anyone else experienced the lack of energy still at this point? 

Lots of people have this issue. Some of us never experience tiger blood. You might want to post what a typical day's meals look like. Are you eating starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes? If you are eating super low-carb that could contribute to your energy issues. It could also be related to your sleep patterns, stress, etc. It's not necessarily JUST about food.

For breakfast I have 3 eggs, 1/2 avocado and about a cup of berries

For lunch I typically have a salad w/ lots of veggies and grilled chicken (EVOO and balsamic for dressing)

Dinner is typically some type of meat w/ veggies and salad.

I will usually have to have some kind of snack and that is either an apple or some nuts

I guess maybe I need more carbs.  I do eat sweet potatoes about once a week.  Any other suggestions for getting more carbs in?

You want to have vegetables at every meal. Shoot for 1-2 cups per meal. 

For your snacks, you want them to be a mini-meal including a protein and fat (avoid veg, fruit or nuts alone). 

Besides sweet potatoes (which are a great veg carb choice), other good veg carb choices include beets, parsnips, carrots, onions, acorn and butternut squash.

Wednesday will be day 30 for me. I had no energy for almost three weeks, I was getting worried. I tried increasing my fat at breakfast, protein and carbs. The only thing that works for me is a bit of sweet potato at breakfast. Otherwise I was cranky and felt like sleeping at my desk most of the day.  Its only been in the last week that I have felt great every day. 

I have been making a crustless quiche with shredded zucchini and sweet potato. I make it on sundays then I just have to reheat it in the morning, its good cold too. Along with homemade turkey sausage patties and 1/2 avocado. On the weekends I make sweet potato hashbrowns.

Keep working at it to see what works for you. Good luck the rest of they way.

I am post Whole30 and did experience more energy but not a surge. BUT, I have a high stress job and do not get enough sleep. I'm not leaving my job but I am going to work hard to get good quality sleep.

Hope you experience more energy..

I have been making a crustless quiche with shredded zucchini and sweet potato. I make it on sundays then I just have to reheat it in the morning, its good cold too. Along with homemade turkey sausage patties and 1/2 avocado. On the weekends I make sweet potato hashbrowns.

Canuck Gal: Would you mid sharing your crustless quiche recipe? I think it would be a huge lifesaver for me in the mornings!!

Sure. I got it from Practical Paleo cookbook. All recipes are not whole30 but this one is and is a time saver during the week.

Pre-heat oven 375

12 eggs in a bowl and wisk.

shred one large zucchini ( I use my food processor )

Use a cheesecloth and ring out some of the liquid from zucchini in batches, (not too tightly just enough for some of the liquid to drain) toss into eggs

shred one yam / sweet potato and put into eggs.

salt, ground sage and rosemary, pepper to your liking, or any other spices you might like. Wisk together and pour into a greased 9X12 casserole with coconut oil or ghee. I use coconut oil

375 for 45 min.

Serves 6.

I cut into 6 slices and put them into a container in the fridge for the week.

Last week I changed it up to mushrooms, onions and spinach, the veg options are endless.

I hope you like it.

Archived