How you doin'?

Vickizee

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm so happy to be here. I started on Saturday. I did three things so far that I've NEVER done:

1. Drank coffee without cream and sweetener

2. Made mayo

3. Rosted raw cashews

I am a domestic goddess! LOL

I hope to meet a lot of you while on this journey to healthy eating.

xo Vicki

Welcome! Three new things in three days!? That's awesome. I'm on day 16 and while I've always loved most vegetables, I'm realizing there are A LOT that I have never tried-some that I've never heard of! So I'm making a concerted effort to try at least one new vegetable each week. Swiss chard? Check-and not a fan, but will try a different preparation next time. Kale? Check-made spicy kale chips. Not sure about them yet...they are tasty-would fill that need for a crunchy, salty snack-but I still find kale bitter.

Did you try your coffee with coconut milk? I thought it would be dreadful-but it's really quite tasty!

Enjoy your journey! I hope your results are as awesome as ours have been so far!

Colleen

Hi Colleen, I found roasted kale very bitter too. Did not like it!

I haven't tried coffee with coconut milk-yet! I want to see if I can learn to love it plain. I think life would be sooo much easier! :)

Day 16 yay, you're halfway there!

I'm no expert, but I can't imagine that you won't shed inches and pounds eating this way. On day 20 now, and I'm finding with each and every meal that I am more aware of my "I'm full" signals that my body is sending me. Making sure I eat enough protein and a healthy amount of veggies every time-hardly snacking at all in between-just no need!

How are you feeling so far?

Hi Colleen, I'm feeling well! So far so good. I had a headache a couple days getring off sugar. I'm eating so many veggies! Breakfast too! I'm really full between breakfast and lunch. No snack necessary here either! Sometimes in the afternoon I think I "need" a snack but I wonder if it's habit. I'm not weighing but I have a dr's appointment next week and they always weigh me...maybe I'll close my eyes :)

How are you handling social situations?

Vickizee, I also wonder about the "I need a snack" feeling in the afternoon. I'm on Day 4, and I think having my "safety snacks" with me at work make me think about them, and then want them, and then I think I'm hungry for them ... then I have a glass of water instead, or a cup of tea, and I STILL want them! But I don't think I'm really hungry, I think I just feel like snacking, and they sound so yummy ... almonds, dried pineapple, half an avocado, a banana with almond butter.... they CALL TO ME! Haha! I'm not going tooo much overboard, but I do think I'm eating snacks when I probably don't need them. It's something I'm going to work on.

Social situations - I went out with girlfriends tonight for the first time since I started. I drank water with a slice of lime, and had a salad with blackened steak (had them leave off the blue cheese crumbles and the dressing), and had the waiter bring me oil/vinegar. And looked away from the cheesy spinach dip and chips. :blink:

Anyway, welcome!

I am only on Day 1 but agree with you Ann on the snack thing. I have done plenty of this kind of eating before & if anything I overeat on the snacks. It is something I am going to really watch over the 30 days. I am worse at home when I start 'cupboard gazing'. At work I have my little container of nuts & once I think of them I have to eat them, whether I am hungry or not.

Vickizee & Colleen I would love to not need the snacks. Sounds like you are both doing great.

Great work Ann on the night out with clean eating/drinking. Cheesy spinach dip mmmm......!

Hi Vicki,

I'm 55, and the town senior center considers me eligible as a senior. :blink::rolleyes::P:lol: I'm not doing HRT, but I know that menopause, which I finally am achieving (bye bye cramps!), can lead to more difficult weight loss too. I'm working on keeping my mind on other goals - keeping my blood sugar low, building strength, improving endurance, keeping moods even. Weight loss and body re-composition will be lovely bonuses when I achieve them, but I'm figuring that the weight loss especially may be longer term for me than for others. So far, all the other benefits are totally worth it. :)

Hi Ann, cudos for holding firm on the girls night! I'm afraid to go out because I would be so tempted. Your snacks sound so yummy! I would have trouble not resisting those!

Hi Sarah! Yay for day one! Under the TMI category, I have peed a river at night letting go of excess fluids! Let me know if this happens to you. Last night though I noticed I'm not "spongy" around my knee area. Yay for that and hopefully I won't be getting up 3 times a night!

Hi Kayell! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to that better body composition too.

Oh yeah, yesterday I thought about a snack in the afternoon but didn't get one. After dinner though I had a small ramekin of mixed berries. They were so sweet and delicious! Why did I always put sweetener on them before??? Silly me!

Archived