Another Well Fed Chocolate Chili question

intheboonies

I agree that the pot keeps the moisture down.  Recently made it with a mixture of ground buffalo and chicken...excellent!  But, made mistake of using crockpot due to time to watch and ended up finishing with an extra 2 hours on the stove.  Well worth it! :)

I have this going on my stove right now. I think I'm going to dice and saute some zucchini and grape tomatoes to eat on the side. I should have grabbed an avocado since my bowl won't be sporting it's usual pile of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream! I hope it is as delicious as it smells.

Had the chili last night and it was absolutely wonderful. I had four zucchini so I diced and sauteed it with a little olive oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes and ate that right in the bowl alongside the chili. Today it was even better. I really appreciate the way this experience is teaching me that I don't have to bury things in cheese and sour cream for them to be good. I think I was getting to the point where I was eating cheese out of habit and the little opiate-response it kicks off in my brain, not because of taste, necessarily. 

I tried cutting down the cooking time by half by cooking it in a presser cooker, but I found the beef to be too dry this way.  I had made a chili using precooked beef with the It Starts With Food Recipe in 15 minutes, and actually liked it better.  But then again, I hadn't used a pressure cooker before so maybe I did it wrong.

If you used the slow cooker, why not just cut the liquidy ingredients in half?

Archived