Kids & kombucha

Derval

I have been giving the kids a small glass of my home brewed kombucha every morning, but often they want a 2nd glass later in the day, esp if there is a new flavour!, but what is an ok dose for kids (6+10)? I don't want them getting upset tummies, or....wasted!

when I did a search I found this horribly negative article :(

http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/health-beauty/dear-doctor-kombucha-tea-27957305.html

Hi Derval--I give my son about an oz in his 8 oz sippy cup, diluted with water and club soda--he likes the bubbles--and I haven't had any issues with him, and his dr said it was fine (he is 2 btw) 

What about giving your kiddos an ounce or two cut with water? I often do that myself--3 oz cut with club soda in a beer glass. That way, it isn't too much on their tummies, and if they decide they don't like it, the waste is minimal. 

lol! for my son, in his glass, an ounce for him is the length of my thumb--from the tip to the first knuckle--lol think of old England and when an inch was a King's thumb, a foot was the length of a King's foot, a yard--the length of his arm--all those measurements until someone decided to standardize it with metal rods! 

Archived