Moluv's Millionth

Moluv

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had known about the silica when I dropped my iPhone in the toilet. Thankfully I was just able to tell my company it stopped working. No mention of the toilet and thy ought me a new one.

Promise to run run run. A breast lift is wonderful!

What a revelation, a full 24 hours w/o phone.  I used my husband's a few times, for little internet check ins, texting my mom, snappying a few pics of the kids, but nowhere near the amount I would use my own.  A sick obsession I know.  I'm viewing this as a gift, a gift of perspective!//

Today felt like the REAL Day 1.  The last Day 1 for at least a couple weeks.  I have a girls trip to Colorado planned and I just know I will indulge my top 3 vices: pot, sulfite free organic red wine, and while I'm off the wagon I'll have a weighing/measuring session.  That will give me some time on carb restriction and I'm expecting results dammit.//

coffee with unsweetened paleo creamer (homemade coconut milk, egg, valencia orange peel)//

LO roast turkey and cherry tomato/onion omelet (I'm using Nutritional Yeast in my sauteed meat/veggie mix for the inside of the omelet, which coupled with the slight runniness of a proper french omelet would almost trick you into thinking there was cheese in there)//

Tuna Salad with curry kraut, lettuce, cherrry toms, coconut milk, olive oil, almonds and a handful of olives for "dessert"//

Iced coffee with aforementioned creamer//

Baked Chicken with tomatoes, onions, baby carrots with a big salad of spinach, grated beets, cucumbers, cherry toms, bell pepper and homemade (inspired by Beets!) Tarragon Lemon Mayo Dressing (maybe I'll go ahead and say Green Goddess even though I didn't quite follow a recipe for that, but it was my thickest most delicious mayo yet and the tarragon, garlic, lemon was ah-may-zing)//

Later snacked on 1/4 chicken breast dipped in mayo and a cup of turkey broth, small bit of kombucha//

Activity wise- busy day.  Did mild-moderate manual labor at our land, mostly shoveling dirt for about 4 hours in the am, then went back out there after dinner and did another 2 hours or so of work and took a long walk, hence the 4th mini-meal.  'Twas a fantastic day!!

• Moderators

Hooray for your fantastic day. You were long overdue!! Wonder how much (if any) of it had to do with separation from your phone.

I love that you're being realistic about going off roading with your girls.

Hope your time without a phone is going smoothly.  I couldn't take my phone on my vacation recently (I was gone about a month) and it was actually kind of nice....very relaxing.   

And your house project is amazing.  :)

Day 2:

Coffee w/ paleocream (not sweetened)

turkey tomato omelet

chicken salad with green goddess mayo on top of a big ole spinach salad

soaked almonds, coconut, cocoa powder

iced coffee w/pc

carrot w/ tesamae ranch dressing

hamburger skillet, steamed broccoli, clarified butter, mayo, hot sauce

kombucha (lavender citrus, all time fave for real)

All of this fueled a full day of manual labor in the sunshine, replete with running a million errands, chasing kids and cooking food from scratch for the family.  I know my w30 lifestyle has improved my quality of life because last summer this day would not have been possible.  I would have found a million excuses why I couldn't go shovel dirt all day.  Now, I'm like, good at it.  And less bickering with my husband.  Awesome Day 2.

All of this fueled a full day of manual labor in the sunshine, replete with running a million errands, chasing kids and cooking food from scratch for the family.  I know my w30 lifestyle has improved my quality of life because last summer this day would not have been possible.  I would have found a million excuses why I couldn't go shovel dirt all day.  Now, I'm like, good at it.  And less bickering with my husband.  Awesome Day 2.

I just felt to need to highlight this because this is what it is all about. Even on the days when we hate our bodies this is what is really truly important! Keep up the great forward progress Mo!

Way late to the party, omg those "before" pics, like hubba hubba, you have a gorgeous body! Buy yoikes the waist-to-hip, ha ha mine is ginormo, I've never had much of a waist. I'm nearly in the danger zone at 5'3 and 130ish lbs! (like bmi 23)

Anyway, you are doing great, hope the phone recovers, I know I would FREAK if anything happened mine.

I hope your phone will recover! (i)phone is something we get attached to so deeply. Maybe there is a whole30 to break phone addiction? I'd sign up :D

I see tomato now and then, the tincture is working well I assume? I still haven't found it here, but the health store owner promised to order it for me. Yeast is swypo sin, yes. Is it bothering you at all? Sometimes I think it doesn't do my digestion a favor, but so flipping good in salad.

Girs get together sounds like tonna of fun, compliant or not, it's precious bonding and soul healing. Food can't fix that.

Thanks to Beets' advice to get my phone into silica asap (I had it in rice after having it off, then on, then off, then on, texting shamefully) I can say that thus far my phone looks to be perfectly normal!  Instead of buying the silica from ebay I was able to find a big box of it at the craft store (used for drying flowers).  I will keep this around forever to rescue any wet device.  I'm going to use my phone during the day and store it in the silica at night for another week, just to be sure.  Another thing is I will never carry my phone in my pocket, that is just asking for trouble.  And thank you Beets!!!//

coffee w/creamer (still no dates in it, this is getting too easy y'all)//

prosciutto and bell pepper omelet//

spinach salad with lots of nightshades (is this danger I don't know!! feels totally reckless after aip), can of tuna, whole medium avocado, tessamae ranch dressing//

lots of licks of cashew butter (I'm only eating it at work, less chance of over indulging mid-day than at night)//

iced coffee//

"tacos", gf beef, peppers and onions in lettuce wraps with garlic cumin mayo//

Decided on a big life change today that will result in a bit of stress and extra work this month coming but will make our lives infinitely easier for the next year or two: Moving from our rent house in town to a rented...wait for it...mobile home in the country, literally a hop skip and jump down the road from our land.  New house is about the same price, but smaller, and better in a few ways, the most notable of which is the proximity to our housebuilding project.  No more packing up a day's worth of food and water to go out there to work, we can just ride our bikes home for lunch or dinner, or to nap the little one and then get right back out there.  It's a decision that is pregnant with opportunity.  And oddly my husband and I were able to agree on this with zero bickering, he is on board, I am on board, the kids think this trailer house is better in every way than our current house because for one, it's in the country and they love it there and maybe also because the front yard is marked out with railroad ties, which spark their imagination in numerous ways.  So I'm now packing us up, having a yard sale, moving out there, and cleaning up our current house by August 1.  My husband will be out of town 16 days between now and then.  I love a challenge!! So glad for clean eating right now, and no nonsense.  I don't have time or patience for belly aches, flatulence, hangovers or anxiety.  It's go time to the country y'all!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeee!!!

That sounds like such a great plan/ adventure for your family. It can only be good for the kids- and you and your husband- cutting back on travel, and simplifying overall.

Keep up the great eating- and not only will you feel great- but think of how fast the month will go by with being so busy- the eating is automatic, and will be such a non-issue, most likely. Good for you !!!

Congrats on that decision! It sounds like a great one! It's funny that you are downsizing and moving to the country to simplify life and shorten commute while my husband and I are probably downsizing and moving to the city (more of the city than where we currently live anyway) to simplify life and shorten commute.

Bleeghghrrgh...my list of non-compliant items today includes marijuana, paleo banana pancakes (banana, egg, vanilla extract) and some, ok, a LOT of little sausage links with "corn syrup solids" ew that last part is almost too much to bear. I had not intended to offroading for a couple more weeks so this is a definite defeat. I typically sabotage any weightloss or slimming I experience. Who would I be if not a little thick?! It's what I know! Anyhoo, I'm ok with all of this and will be right back on track in the am, hopefully with a longer stretch next time!

Mo, moving to the country is great as long as you have wifi so we don't lose you! I raised Z in the country he was 8 and it was the best ever decision. That's unchanged important time for creativity when the kids are young.

How the heck do you get such awesome de fluff results in 5 days? You are incredible!

Calee, I am re-fluffed this morn after my one little Munchies induced pancake and sausage binge. It's the sugar in the bananas and who-knows-what garbage in those sausages. I was, and am back to doing, the template plus just avoiding all fruit and starchy carbs. Eating only non-starchy veg. I range up on the fat though, probably by a lot, otherwise I eat too much protein and can't digest it. I do very well with more fat. And shrink down when I do. I don't think I was in ketosis though as I didn't get the funny smell or acetone-breath. Smoking the pot was impulsive. It felt really good for a minute but then I just didn't care for it and definitely saw my eating pattern take a nosedive. My husband left town for 8 days yesterday and I missed him terribly immediately so it was a self-soothing action that didn't even work. I spent the afternoon cooking 48 sausages and 8 large (silicone pans in the oven) banana pancakes for a weeks worth of premade kids breakfast. So when the loneliness and Munchies set in by evening it was just too easy to grab that stuff. Over and over. Oh well, it feels pretty good that my worst junk food is banana paleo pancakes and sausage with sugar in it.

Archived