Moluv's Millionth

Moluv

Mo, it's so tough to have off road foods when we are emotionally vulnerable. I get why you did that. I'm not good with saying no when I get that bug about how good/comforting/yummy/incredible something would taste. You've been working really hard. Do you think you might actually need a bit of sweet potato which then causes you to be more vulnerable?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-14185-13729847132958_thumb.jpg

All I've had to eat today is 4 cups of coffee (weaker each cup, just pouring more hot water over the same French press grounds) with paleo cream (cock it milk, raw egg, vanilla bean, mct oil) and 6 whole deconstructed devilled eggs with kraut and mayo (both homemade) and capers and paprika. Compliant other than the weed I been fueling a day of packing with. I'm literally halfway done packing my house. I'm a machine. A machine on Day Zero unfortunately. Really wanted to have a day 1 today but happy I'm pretty dang close. Also been drinking Perrier with splashes of Hawthorne berry hibiscus boochy.

Wow for your speedy move from decision to move to moving. Sounds exciting. Makes me wish we could do the same.

Sorry you feel re-fluffed. That is some amazing progress in the pics above. It shall unfluff itself in no time.

There may have been something non compliant in the beef I ate today (pink slime?) bc my belly is distended. But I'm not restarting for that. I only ate 1/3 of the burger patty and maybe it was "all of my cabbage," as MIL suggested. Doubt that though. I eat tons of cabbage daily. Though I did leave my mayo'd slaw out for a code hours yesterday....

Don't feel bad about restarting. The beauty of this method is that we aren't falling too far off the wagon before we scrabble back on.

People in Texas always ask me where I'm from like its not from here. I'm a copycat and I have well travelled and varied friends so my voice is a little bit of all of them. Now get me on the phone with my mother for some real twang. For reading my posts though you can take Beets Yankee accent and mix it with Nadia's Russian/ English style (which is so endearing to read, let alone hear) with a little Texan flavor with y'all and fixin to and that would be pretty accurate forum voice for me.

I NEED a whole 30 days in a row so bad. I'm afraid that because I'm so stressed with moving and having my husband away for two more weeks with no cell phone (he's my rock y'all) that I will continue to refuse/ be unable to take care of myself well enough to complete it. So, to give myself an incentive to start and just finish, I will swallow a spoonful of dish soap for every restart. Day 1 is tomorrow.

post-14185-13735912727797_thumb.jpg

This is my SECOND bag of kale chips. Stress eating. I had a small bar of organic milk chocolate (in my car!) as well as 2 slices of cheddar cheese and some kefir. Oh and like half a bag of plantain chips and a small boatload of coconut curry hummus. Legumes?! What has become of my intestines. I really admire some of the people on here who just set out on a path and continue on it for lengths of time. While they often aren't noticing the results they want right away, from the outside its easy to see that slow and steady wins the race. I go to extremes. While the healthy extreme benefits me, it's when I go the other way that hurts. I'd like to stay somewhere more the middle. That's my intention for this w30.

Dude. Your "rock bottom" is kale chips.

Let's think about that for a minute.

I am witchu, girl. I've been eating way worse things than kale chips. Sweet potato chips! Quelle horreur. Teasing. But also they make me feel sick. Especially when I eat most of a bag as my lunch, followed up with spoons of ice cream.

PS I'm from Jersey. But I don't have a Jersey accent. Except when I say "melk" instead of "milk," which is somehow a South Jersey accent (like pellow for pillow) and not used by anyone else I know.

My mom has a Jersey accent with certain sounds. She says CAWfee. When my parents drove cross country after getting married my Staten Island (no accent) dad had to translate for her: coffee.

I also admire the slow and steadies. But we need to embrace ourselves. I've been reading this nerdy tech/workflow/productivity blog called A Better Mess. Best name ever. And that's what I'm working on here.

I get the feeling of doing something, knowing that it's gonna make you feel kinda gross before even doing it. Damn I belong to the "roller coaster club" too. I think it's like division between abstainers/moderators or need for strict rules/need for room for flexibility people. Gotta figure out the way to make the ride less extreme. 

As Beets said, kale chips are evil now?  My co-workers go for Spring Rolls when they want "something healthy". I mean we are all trying to maintain perfect whole30 eating habits, but life just happens. Just clench teeth, screw up your eyes and get through this coaster turn. Don't forget to hold on to the whole9 handrail with one hand at least. 

Endearing, really? I call it embarrassing :) I do not have a classic Russian accent (think villain character in a 90-s movies aha). People always ask me what kind of an accent I have, but most of peoples' guess is German or Swedish origin of it. So easy in Toronto, everyone has an accent here. Melting pot.    

Nadia, thanks for that, so cute and I lol'ed. But I'm afraid to tell you dear that you are one of the "slow and steadies" not one of the "roller coasters". Eating a single square of chocolate hardly qualifies as off course. And your AIP dedication is mind blowing.

Just realized that the leftovers that I used to make what I thought was a compliant breakfast and lunch (sautéed peppers in a frittata and stewed beef for lunch) BOTH had butter in them. I'm going to continue eating compliant for the rest of the day but this isn't the squeaky clean Day 1 I wanted. It's not a blatant disregard for The Rules though so I don't feel like eating a spoonful of dish soap is warranted at this point. I think the thought of dish soap is so off putting it will stop me from habitual restarts, which I am known for. I am going to call day 1 tomorrow and let the dog have the rest of the beef dish so no more mixups foodwise. I've clarified butter and made my paleo coffee cream so I am ready to rock this out.

Oh LadyM, I can't make it through lunch with compliancy, how would I ever follow through with soap eating. Sigh, forget restarts, I can't even seem TO start. Eep whatever. I'm feeling fine.

Archived