How many carbs offset fat utilization?

alijbarry

I am training to run a marathon. Since completing my first whole 30 a few weeks ago I have stuck to a pretty strict paleo diet. I have been eating about 1 sweet potato pre workout and 3 hard-boiled eggs and another sweet potato post workout. I slice up the sweet potatoes and fry them for about 10 minutes in coconut oil.

I feel great while I'm running, but I want to make sure that I am not eating so many carbs that I am ruining the fat utilization that I trained my body to do while on the whole 30. I know i went through that stage because my training was horrible for about 3+ weeks until I hit my breakthrough.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? How will I know if I am using too many carbs and am going back to only using carbs to fuel my runs? I haven't gotten too far into the training, but have used this meal planning from anywhere from 11 mile runs to 6 mile runs.

I don't have an answer but I'm definitely following this one... I'm marathon training myself, just did 12 today and wondering about pre-long run carbs. I haven't been having carbs pre-run, but I'm starting to think I might still need them before my long runs, based on how I felt this morning!

Archived