How much fruit per day?

How much fruit should you be eatting per day, I was reading and it seems like fruit is not all that great for fat loss...but I am worried I am eatting to much. I usually have a fruit as a snack.

Yesterday I had throughout the day:

banana

orange

a bit of mango

nectarine

and fried plantains

am I having to much fruit duing the day!?? I don't want to be hindering my progress...

Yeah, that's a bit much on the fruit.

Per the meal template, you want no more than 1-2 fruit servings a day while on the W30.  http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf A fruit serving is the size of your fist, and you should have fruit with your meals or immediately after (i.e., not as a snack on its own). 

If you're hungry between meals, your snack should be a mini-meal including a protein and fat.

Mini meal possibilties (off the top of my head):

- leftovers from previous meal
- hard boiled egg with 1/2 avocado and veggie of choice

- sardines (with or without sauerkraut) with tomato and olive oil side salad

- chicken, tuna or egg salad made with paleo mayo and veggie of choice

I use fruit as a garnish--a few blue berries in a salad, a sprinkle of raisins in a chicken curry salad, or grapes instead of the raisins--the important thing to remember is not to allow fruit to push other, more nutritious foods off your plate.  

• 1 month later...
Guest Annie B

Don't forget how much starchy carbs are going to help you... potatoes, squashes etc... play a major role in energy level, and minimizing sugar craving! You may find you don't desire the fruit as much, if you have had adequate starch! :)

Pay attention to your psychological relationship with fruit, too. If you're viewing it like a "treat" instead of a component of a well-rounded meal then you probably should back off or even leave it out for a minute.  Personally, if I have fruit before lunch time, I crave sugar all day, so I usually just leave it out all together.  As they say, there is nothing in fruit that you can't get from vegetables.

Archived