Post Whole 30 food paralysis...?

JulieSusan

Hi everyone,

I finished my whole 30 ten days ago, and soooo I am on Day 40! My thoughts are - I have no desire to reintroduce dairy or grains or sugar, etc. I am really happy eating this way. I have no cravings, lots of energy and am really happy.

Should I go through the reintroduction process anyway??? Can I do this way of eating indefinitely (yes I bet). Can I just have the occasional non-whole food occasionally and be fine?

Anyone else have this thought/issue?

Thank you!! Julie

If you have no desire to reintroduce, then don't do it.  As I see it (and I'm no expert: I'm currently on day 30 of my first W30), reintroduction is intended to be highly tailored to your specific needs.

With respect to your question, "Can I just have the occasional non-whole food occasionally and be fine,"  you won't know the answer until you reintroduce.  If you want to test it in a benign environment (e.g., test having a slice of bread now vs. pizza out at a celebration and potentially getting ill), then do reintro.

For me, I'll be testing everything except gluten. I've been gluten-free for 6 years, already know how I feel if I accidentally eat it (let's just say it's not pretty), so it's pointless for me to reintro that food group.

My two cents ...

I finished up my 3rd Whole30 to weeks ago, and have maintained the template and compliant foods for all meals. I made three exceptions during this time- for 2 birthdays and a date out- and for those events only enjoyed one non-compliant item. Planned, and worth it all 3 times.The key for me is analyzing and plannng for the times I want to indulge in something non compliant. So many things are not worth straying for-and I have no desire for them at all.

I think the occasional planned treats are the way to go, while maintaining this healthy template and compliance the rest of the time.

Im on day 58 and just sticking to template as well. For now I'm not feeling any reason to reintroduce. At some point I probably will, but not quite yet. I'm still healing my sleep. I don't see any reason we can't just carry on.

Congrats on all of your great energy!

Archived