Easy homemade mayo fix

Hello Everyone - I know that mayo fails are a huge issue for everyone on Whole30. I had my first mayo fail a couple of days ago, which I then had to whine about on Facebook, which was good because a talented cook friend of mine suggested a super easy fix that worked like a charm.  

And keep in mind, my thin, nasty, lumpy mayo fail had been in the fridge for about 48 hours when I pulled it out to salvage it, so this works even after it's sat for a while. In fact, it might be good to let it cool and let you cool before trying this, just in case mayo responds to stress  :P

Here's his directions:

Begin with everything at room temperature (including the bowl) and whisk together an egg yolk and a few drops of oil. Whisk gently, adding a few more splashes of oil, and it should start to come together without much effort. Pour in the dregs a trickle at a time. Once you're sure it's staying thick, you can use the immersion blender to finish your mayonnaise with the rest of the dregs. Add as much oil/lemon/seasoning as it takes to reach your desired result.

You can see before and after pics on my blog, although I warn you it's not an awesome, professional looking blog like we're all used to, just a little something my daughter and I do for fun. 

Good luck with your mayo, everyone!

I'm in the dump the ingredients in the bowl and use my immersion blender in quick bursts.  Done.  I don't do any babying or slow drizzling.  The one time my mayo went past mayo was when I did the slow drizzle.  

Archived