July 1 Start Date - Who's with Me?!

mamaxt

Hi all! I'm starting a new Whole30 on July 1st and would really love it if I had some companions with whom to share the journey.

This will be my second attempt at a Whole30. My first one was a bit more squishy than it should have been (e.g. I stayed nearly 100% compliant, but I snacked often and didn't always measure my food correctly, etc.). I also realize that I can benefit from keepin' on, keepin' on in the Whole30 spirit for a bit longer. So I've chalked up my first attempt as a trial run and have committed to doing this one RIGHT! 100% compliant.  :D 

Who's with me? Anybody else going for a second, third, or even 4th attempt? Newbies, join in and share your enthusiasm! All are welcome; diverse perspectives are helpful and insightful!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! I'm starting a new Whole30 on July 1st and would really love it if I had some companions with whom to share the journey.

This will be my second attempt at a Whole30. My first one was a bit more squishy than it should have been (e.g. I stayed nearly 100% compliant, but I snacked often and didn't always measure my food correctly, etc.). I also realize that I can benefit from keepin' on, keepin' on in the Whole30 spirit for a bit longer. So I've chalked up my first attempt as a trial run and have committed to doing this one RIGHT! 100% compliant.  :D 

Who's with me? Anybody else going for a second, third, or even 4th attempt? Newbies, join in and share your enthusiasm! All are welcome; diverse perspectives are helpful and insightful!!

Hi! I just started my second whole30 this week - after reading more (and more carefully!) I realize now there were some things I could have done better, measuring food being one (not measuring things to the "t" but following the guidelines more carefully). I also want to make sure this one sticks, even thought about going for the whole60 to see if the changes are more permanent. You'll do great, the best thing to do is to keep on going!  :)

I'm starting a new Whole? (30 min) on the second.  I'll be one day behind you. I did some cooking this week because I will be out of town this weekend.  So, I filled the freezer with a stew, chocolate chile, and a rutabaga chili that I adapted from Tom's blog.  Oh, and I have some turkey.  I inventoried the freezer today and was really excited to have some stuff to choose from.

What's on your mind as you prep for success?

I'm starting 7/1! I've been slowly shedding things over the week; already sugar and wheat free for several months, I'm now ready to deal with my dairy fixation and I'm very excited about it. I've been looking for a strategy to increase my vegetable intake and variety. I see this as next level refinement of my nutritional efforts. Out with the bad is done, now its time for out with a little more bad and in with lots of good. So I'm with you!

Yay! This is great!! I'm so excited to have others with which to share this (sometimes awesome, sometimes challenging) journey. :-)

I'm planning to hit up both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods on Sunday to load up on healthy goodies to get me through at least the first week of this next W30. Neither of those stores is in my neighborhood, so I'm committing to make a special trip to the suburbs to forage for grass-fed, pastured, antibiotic free, etc., proteins on which to base my meals. That's one of the places I struggled with this last one. My local grocery store is often out of stock of the good, grass-fed beef I love to buy. 

I imagine my Sunday evening will be spent chopping, dicing and assembling foods so I can grab them quickly and make dinners with ease starting next week. 

Is anyone a little concerned about how to handle the 4th? We have plans to go to a baseball game at the local stadium the night of July 3rd and I'm nearly certain there isn't anything compliant on their whole menu. Should I try to sneak something in?? Have a brat without the bun and drink water?? What are your tips/suggestions/hacks? 

I'm starting my 3rd whole 30 on 7/1!  Can't wait to get back to it.  June has been rough with my anniversary, Father's Day, my birthday, multiple graduation parties, a bridal shower, a wedding....Aughh! :)

I love to see all the excitement here! June has been a little rough for me and July will be too with a birthday party at the zoo, the 4th of July, cookouts, etc.

But I guess part of living a Whole(whatever) life is that you have to deal with the pressures of daily life AND special occasions equally with grace and dedication. Am I right??

I'm in!!! A friend of mine has been doing this and is on day 17 or so and feels amazing. My family and I just returned from vaca and I downloaded the book while we were driving and couldn't stop reading. I am so pumped to start and look forward to hearing how you all do!!!

I think I'm in... It will be my first and I'm totally overwhelmed and afraid I won't make it through even the first week!  

Don't panic, Stacy! Pick out some recipes you like, make a shopping list, keep your eyes on all the wonderful things you can eat and cook  with, and take some time to set some goals outside the food. Cleaning out your physical and mental attic is work but it is rewarding! You can do this.

I'm starting Monday as well. I've been through a Paleo challenge before (started May 6), but I'm kinda nervous about Whole30, since it seems a bit stricter.  I'm doing this to heal my gut from IBS (with constipation).  

I'm looking forward to doing the challenge and hopefully getting to know some of you.

Stacy - don't worry; we're all in this together. Being overwhelmed at first is normal, but you'll get through it. We ALL will! It's only 30 days, right??

Keri - I recommend Naturally Calm with magnesium (also W30 approved and recommended) for IBS issues, esp. constipation. It's kinda funny tasting, but...ahem...gets the job done. I just ordered and started mine and can tell a difference already. :-)

I'm also starting July 1st. While I have been following Paleo for about 9 months, this will be my 1st Whole 30. I have already started putting meal plans together, so I am hoping that will help me stay focused. 

Good luck to everyone!

Hello, I would like to join you as well! This is my first attempt at Whole30. I have been struggling with Gastritis for the last 3 years...I did a Colon Cleanse that ended up ripping my stomach apart and ever since my stomach constantly becomes inflamed and I will be in sooo much pain. I have to watch everything I eat and drink to make sure that my does not become more eroded than it already is. I am really praying that this will give me "reset" on my stomach...and can continue to help heal my stomach and body! Looking forward to what will come! Good luck everyone.  

Yep, I'm a starter too. I just saw this thread by accident on 30th June so am not really prepared, but I've got what I need in the fridge for tomorrow morning and will pull out all the stops to get what I need for next week. I had actually planned to start on 9th July, but when I saw this post I couldn't resist. I would much rather do this with a committed group than all by myself… so jumping in feet first.

Good morning!  Today is day ONE for me, my start date.  I am very excited and have read the book and highlighted a lot.  Shopped yesterday, so ready to go.  I pretty much already eliminated grains and dairy from my daily eating but chocolate has been a daily thing.  So that goes!  Will be putting my scale away today, another BIG change for me as I have been weighing DAILY for about 2 years.  The book made so much sense.  I am excited to be on this new healthy adventure.

Say "goodbye" to the scale and "hello" to health and happiness!! As a former WW devotee this was a challenge for me. But, with the help of Dallas, Melissa and team, I now see that there are so many more valid markers of health than a number on a scale. I kind of like being able to tell people that I don't know how much weight I'm losing/have lost. Screw the number! I feel awesome and will continue to feel better and better every day of this next Whole30.

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow!!

MRsRobinson…I think I have configured my control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications. Already i have received 3 emails in fairly quick succession, and while I'm going to love hearing from you guys, I don't want to get bombarded ☺ I have spent ages on the web site trying to turn this off. Was it a box I ticked somewhere or do I need to unsubscribe?

MRsRobinson…I think I have configured my control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications. Already i have received 3 emails in fairly quick succession, and while I'm going to love hearing from you guys, I don't want to get bombarded ☺ I have spent ages on the web site trying to turn this off. Was it a box I ticked somewhere or do I need to unsubscribe?

There is a "notification options" section in your profile settings. You should be able to toggle alerts on and off from there.

There is a "notification options" section in your profile settings. You should be able to toggle alerts on and off from there.

I think I found it. Thanks so much. Am a newbie to forums as well, but will pick it up. Very excited about the first day of my new life tomorrow!

I'm IN! I've been doing Atkins for about a month and it's gone pretty well. But i have a tendacy to eat to many junk foods. Sugarfree snack bars and such. I'm also starting to wonder if dairy is bothering me since i've been eating more on Atkins. My husband is a junkfood addict so it makes it hard sometimes to not eat the crappy food he buys :( .  Still i'm exctied to get started and challenge myself. Putting away the scale is going to be hard :/ 

Archived