July 1 Start Date - Who's with Me?!

mamaxt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A  big, huge congratulations to everyone that finished their Whole30 yesterday. Whether the results were exactly what you wanted or not, just finishing is a huge accomplishment. 

I ended up having some serious issues when I went home to my parents and was not 100% compliant. I did not restart because a) I'm on vacation in a week and running a half marathon and did not think the added stress of staying Whole30 would be worth it and b ) I'm chalking it up to a learning experience and emotional/disordered eating issues I clearly need to deal with. I know my results won't be as good as they could've been, but I still feel pretty good (though because of my lack of compliance I never got that Tiger Blood). I would definitely like to re-do one in September. Tomorrow is day 30 for me and I have a big exam in the evening which is eating up most of my energy. Feeling super antsy and just want this done. I'll weigh in and everything Friday morning. 

I actually can't believe tomorrow is Day 30. AHHHH. 

Again, congratulations to everyone on successfully completing your 30 days! 

First of all, I am so happy for everyone's successes!  You guys are incredible.  That also applies to folks who slipped (like I did!) and who gained good insights about themselves in the process.

During the last 30 days, I had 2 wildly non-compliant meals and enjoyed more seasonal fresh fruit and nuts than ideal.  Given that, here are my results:

Lost:

4 pounds since Day 1

1 inch of thigh and 1 inch of hip (the first places I store fat and the last places I lose it)

Interest (for the most part) in stuff that's just not worth it

Gained:

Much better sleep

Steady energy level, hunger level and mood

Cheekbones

More definition in the muscles I've been training hardest (especially lower body)

I feel great and, given my lapses, feel no real need/desire to start reintroduction yet.  So my goal is to start a fully compliant W30 starting tomorrow.

Again, congrats, you rock, and I wish you guys the very best in your next self-care adventures!

Good job, everyone!

My results: Lost 12.2 lbs, as well as 1/2" bust (boo!), 1" waist, 1" hips, 1" thighs, 1/2" arm.

I would love to do another W30 soon--I just need to figure out a better way to budget the grocery money. I kept all of my grocery receipts for July and they total over $1000 for just two people! I do get a bit carried away at the store, and I started buying all of our meat and eggs from a local farm which increased the costs quite a bit.

More important than the fat loss, I learned that I DO have will power and I AM in control of what I eat! I was totally out of control pre-whole 30, especially when it came to bread and sweets. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use moderation with those types of food, so I may cut them out completely and only make exceptions for holidays and birthdays etc.

I also feel like my anxiety decreased over the last month. Probably a result of no sugar and no food-related guilt!

Congrats everyone who made it through the month. I myself slipped up during the third week, but am back on track now and still lost eight pounds. I think this is a respectable start at a pace I can maintain. I'm going to continue on with the lifestyle in my day to day life, allowing for a little non-compliance at social occasions once or twice a month. When I'm on the plan, I do feel better, sleep better, and am satisfied with what I'm eating. My grocery bill wasn't as high as I expected, about a hundred dollars more per month, and I am will to trade that for a healthier lifestyle.

@you_surname - I started a new thread titled:  "August 1 Start Date - Who Wants to Rock This w/ Me?" if you are interested in joining the discussion for the next W30?  We all obviously are starting today, August 1st.  =))

Wow, I wish I lived in PA so that I could meet up with you guys!  I don't think anyone in our group is from AZ... boo! =( 

@you_surname - I started a new thread titled:  "August 1 Start Date - Who Wants to Rock This w/ Me?" if you are interested in joining the discussion for the next W30?  We all obviously are starting today, August 1st.  =))

Wow, I wish I lived in PA so that I could meet up with you guys!  I don't think anyone in our group is from AZ... boo! =( 

Cool!  See you there.  :)

So, I just came home from my exam and I smelt baking. My roommate is out but I decide to investigate. Hiding in her room are two pans of brownies (which I suspect are made with coconut flour because she asked me what it was a few weeks ago) and a pack of David's Tea. 

She's a gem. I'm a little spoiled. We're both heading out of town for the long weekend tomorrow so I suspect they're for our car trip. I'll have to act surprised. 

3 hours and 15 minutes until my whole30 is dooone. 

So, I just came home from my exam and I smelt baking. My roommate is out but I decide to investigate. Hiding in her room are two pans of brownies (which I suspect are made with coconut flour because she asked me what it was a few weeks ago) and a pack of David's Tea. 

You have no idea how jealous I am that you live near DavidsTea. I get stuff posted to me, and my timolino is my constant companion!

So, at midnight my roomie brought out two pans of gluten-free brownies (from scratch). So I ate one little one and a few crumbs. 

I woke up feeling like crap. I can't even tell you. I'm gassy and bloated and I'm already wanting to jump on the August Whole30 despite my upcoming trip. 

I won't though because I do want to enjoy some local cuisines and it's my only vacation in over a year. I'll just stick to mostly paleo. I did try and introduce some dairy today and will probably have a little portion of full fat ice cream tonight but wowowowoow. 

Anyway, I didn't take any measurements because my stomach is so gross right now but besides making me not feel bloated and crappy I'm down about 8lbs after having some horrible days in the middle. I'm excited to do a September Whole30 and be 100% compliant. 

Um, okay, I just got a phone call that motivated me to continue this pretty strictly for the next couple of months... I was just selected as emergency telecommunicator of the year... For the state of Pennsylvania. The. State. I'm kinda freaking out. Award ceremony November 23rd, which also happens to be my 17th wedding anniversary. State dinner. Ho-lee-crap.

Um, okay, I just got a phone call that motivated me to continue this pretty strictly for the next couple of months... I was just selected as emergency telecommunicator of the year... For the state of Pennsylvania. The. State. I'm kinda freaking out. Award ceremony November 23rd, which also happens to be my 17th wedding anniversary. State dinner. Ho-lee-crap.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Archived