Beets you did so wonderfully! It's all about growth and it sounds like this was the most compliant NH visit you have managed and that is growth! Definitely jump right back on the train with all the new things you learned from slipping off. You can do this!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there!  You are in a stressful situation.  It is not relaxing to take kids anywhere you have to constantly stay on them to not mess with things and it's not relaxing to be somewhere not comfortable to sleep.  I hope you're having good visiting time, at least. 

Beets, I've tried iced Americano and it doesn't give me pain. Acidity? I am sort of relieved to learn that, but wonder if the caffeine effect builds up over time. I also figured absolute last time I can have it is 11 AM. Anything after will give me BIG troubles with sleep. Is it possible for you to power through with decaf? Are you taking magnesium? Is it possible to go for a walk in the evening to unwind? I know that Mom is a 24/7 job and you don't have "vacations", but little things to help you be strong. 

Itchy scalp. Ugh. Hate this feeling, but you know that it will go away soon. Sometimes when you know what to do and you do exactly opposite. Everyone here has been there. I guess it's like any acro trick. Practice and practice to jump back the wagon. Every new rehearsal is useful to execute the move faster and better. 

Lots of mint iced tea should hep with headache. Also Liz has posted a remedy on my log. If you have access to any of these, copying:

Lavender and peppermint are great headache killers.  If you mix a few drops of each in with some coconut or jojoba oil and apply it to your temples it should alleviate the pain.  Also ginger tea is good for inflammation which could be causing the headaches and will help soothe your tummy from the nausea. 

Thanks guys! I have been doing ok. I've been in this weird obsessional place of researching and learning how to use a few new apps/workflows that will, I hope, make things easier for me when I start actually taking photos for $. Well, also, figuring out how to use URL schemes and a new mail client, choosing the font for my calendar, etc., helps me calm my brain.

I haven't been posting bc I've been using all my computer time on that little project. But I'm still plugging along, mostly on template with the addition of some wine in the evenings and some little tastes of things here and there (yogurt, nacho chip). Yesterday I took my son to swim lessons and we stopped at one of these frozen yogurt places where they give you a giant bucket, let you fill it with one of 10 flavors of frozen "yogurt" and then top off your bucket with all manner of candy and fruit. Then you pay by the weight. Genius biz model, not very healthy. 

I took a little "tangy" plain yogurt for myself and the three of us shared a bucket. I am totally out of veggies in the house and have emptied two jars of sauerkraut. In dire need of a shopping trip but instead of buying food after swim lessons as planned, we took one of the dogs to a $185 vet visit. Ruptured anal sac. Blergh. Had a total meltdown about money on the way home (after an hour, dinnertime, no nap for my 2yo, torture wait for the vet) and then had a lemonade-ish drink with vodka. 

Was rummaging through cupboards for chocolate but there was none to be found. I'm glad. 

Anyway. You are so right Nadia about each practice is a new change to get faster and better. When I fall I'm not falling off so far. However I've gotten out of the habit of exercising and I'm feeling jiggly. 

I'll move over to Post w30 till I make a new plan. Appreciate the support!

I swear money/financial breakdowns are one of the worst stressors out there- with the total feeling of no control/helplessness that accompanies these types of problems. I truly find when I get productive around the house with any projects, it definitely lessens the stress. I've gotten to selling junk on e-bay and selling used books online now and then for a little boost. Not so much $$, but at least I feel like I am doing something positive to try and help the situation.

Take care of yourself- and get some food !!! THAT is one of my biggest stressors with all these hungry mouths to feed- when we are almost out. UGH !!!!!

hang in there !

Thanks guys. I think I need to be back in w30. Went to see Yo La Tengo in Prospect Park last night. Had two plastic cups full of crappy white wine. And a plate of amazing fries.

I ate a small amount of ice cream yeaterday. Feeling tired and wrung out. Tummy unhappy. Also been staying up too late. I crave calm and the blissful relief of digestive issues that comes with w30 eating.

We go to my brother's place tomorrow. Template eating today. One meal at a time.

As for the breakdown, I did get my period the next day. Might explain why I housed about 15 dates the previous day, giving myself a killer headache. Some were dabbed with Gorgonzola. Ugh. My poor tummy.

Jen, we came home Sunday. Been a lazy week. Need to get into a summer rhythm with my kids and get them outside early in the day when we can still breathe.

My daughter peed in the potty. Yay! I'd love for her to be out of diapers in the next few months.

Ditching the diaper bag is one of the best moments of parenthood! 

I, too, have to get into a rhythm.  Having different camps and soccer schedules each week has made this month stressful.  It's going to get worse before it gets better.  I kind of miss the days when the kids were little and just did the same thing every day.  Too much going on now!!!  I get stressed even when I don't actually have to get them anywhere.  We have a nanny this summer who is doing the daytime driving, but the planning and packing and organizing is messing with me this week.  Next week will be worse.  The week after that even worse.  Then, I think we get a week off.  Nope, just remembered soccer tryouts are that week.  Calgon, take me away!!!

Try to be more assured

Try to be more right there

Try to be less uptight

Try to be more aware

So right and so funny considering the name of the song :D I like this band a lot! Must have been so nice to listen to them in the park. Summer is a happy music time.

Dates with Gorgonzola sound so good, but your tummy clearly disagrees. Like you have a third baby to take care of. Oh well, hopefully your digestive distress will pass soon. Cabbage to the rescue!

Wow, congrats on the potty victory :D   

Beets, you juggle so many things. I hate that you're struggling with feeling good. Maybe if you're not ready to commit to eating template you could at least put a food or two off the table for right now. That migh give you a bit more stability with your energy and digestion. Sounds lie bad wine isn't your friend. You. Deserve. To. Feel. Radiant!

Hi guys. Busy weekend. Yesterday I totally fell off the wagon. Was a little hungover from my plastic cup wine Thurs night, didnt prepare for a day at my brother's. Ate cheese, French fries, even a piece of a donut. :(

Day 1 tomorrow.

Calee I appreciate your thought about just taking one or two foods off the table but I feel completely ill. I had horrible stomach issues last night and woke up nauseated. Today I just ate ice cream out of my freezer w a spoon, at the counter.

I'm feeling sick and out of control. Need the focus.

I'm also totally scatterbrained, can't recall words of things I know well, lost my keys for over an hour last night. Husband was pissed. Kids were up at 10pm. My whole family was out on the lawn with flashlights. I know this is bc of what I've been eating.

I *hate* feeling this way and I need the calm of straight-up w30.

**Husband actually barely spoke to me all day bc of the keys and bc he was pissed at my parents for giving the kids cookies at 9:30pm. And therefore pissed at me. Also pissed at me bc he feels like I buy food for myself but not for "him." Just annoying marriage crap, but I was doing much better in the household management dept when I was off sugar and dairy.

Hi beets!

I remember your kindness and insightful feedback during the April whole 30. and wanted to make a suggestion. An official" whole 30 starts August 1.... Let that be your start date, and until then just concentrate on having breakfast everyday be whole 30.... And play it by ear the rest of the day....the whole 30 mojo may spread to meal two and beyond and if not no biggie no fail. And in two weeks kick whole 30 ass! 😄

An official W30 is a good idea.  I am still thinking on that.  It sounds like you just need some calm in life and food!  I know that I am much more irratible when I am eating junk.  I hate that I take out my disappointment in myself on my family.  Hang in there.  You know what to do.  It's just so hard to do it when you're away from home and have so many temptations around.  I hate to be a recluse, but sometimes it's easier to just stay home (as long as there are no dates at home!)

Thanks Bethann and Jen. I appreciate your thought, B, about starting Aug 1 but I have a weekend with college friends Aug 3 and we are going on a real vacation the last week of Aug. (Beach house week in NH. Treat of my BIL. How generous is that??)

I think I'm gonna do a w-- till the college friend weekend. So, however many days that is. I just feel crummy and my skin is getting bad on my arms--which have been clear for a couple months. Must be the dairy. I ate on template today for meals, with some mid afternoon snackiness. Think of it as Day 0. If I can do this at my mIL's for five days I can do it home. I've got salad and cabbage and broccoli. I got my period last week and the first post-period week is always for getting on track. I'm moving back to Post W30 land though. See how that goes.

Thinking I am going to do a full w30 in October. But I want my skin to be as good as poss for weekend w friends and vacation week. Also my belly is getting jiggly so back to my workouts. And walks. Last week was recovery from MIL's sleeplessness, lack of exercise, anxiety, BS, etc.

Tonight I watched Identity Thief w Jason Bateman and Melissa ____. (Brain dead!! See?) It made me teary and I am not a corny movie fan. Sugar is messing w my brain.

Husband has a job interview this week, explains his acute edginess. We are all anxious. It would be more money and also more hours. Mo money, mo problems. But maybe we could pay down some debt and make a move upstate next year. Ack. Grown up stuff stinks sometimes, says my inner child. Zzz. Gotta sleep.

Archived