Struggling to get started with a 2nd W30

annabel

I have all the healthy food in the fridge (honestly, I always have the healthy stuff in the fridge, it's the Tesco on the corner that causes me problems), but am struggling to make it past day 2. 

Probably because I haven't properly committed to the idea of W30 #2.

I had a great W30 in April, lost weight and had heaps more energy than I'd had pre-W30.  Having been eating grains, cheese and chocolate for the last six weeks I'm dragging myself out of bed in the mornings again. That should be reason enough to stick with the W30 and not eat that lovely looking American-style chocolate muffin that my MIL brought round from Costco.

I'll have to distract myself by making a batch of chocolate chili instead, which I know will taste better and be better for me.

I think I've talked myself into sticking with my W30 for tonight at least, but would love to hear anyone else's motivational tips. (Or even a suck it up and get on with it wouldn't be amiss)

I am right there with you!! My last W30 was in January. Over the last few months my diet slowly went off the rails. I git back on track-ish with a 24 day (non W30) challenge that my husband and I did - but since then..semi off the rails again..grrrr...

I was the same - did a Whole30 in January, then slid, then hurtled off the wagon... Intended to start again in March, put it off til April, then May, then June... Finally spotted a thread someone started on here saying they were starting the next day (10th June), & thought what the hell :-) I think i just needed to stop planning to start & jump on in before my brain could talk me out of it!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one.  Why is it so hard to do what you know you should do?

I keep trying to convince myself that I've been eating healthy so can treat myself to x, y or z.  I do so much better with the strict W30 framework, but then hate that I have to rely on that.

Archived