Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

So, in the whole 30 log forum, I started a thread for those of us doing the whole30 June 1 to June 30. It's been wonderful support both, giving and receiving...wonderful ideas, great feedback, etc. so as a group, we've decided to continue our journey together as we experience the joys and challenges of reintroduction after our "official" whole30 is done tonight at midnight (:

Starting tomorrow, July 1, I plan to follow the recommended Whole30 reintroduction plan for 10 days...Day 1 introducing dairy...I plan to add organic 1/2 1/2 to my coffee at breakfast, have FAGE plain Greek yogurt with lunch and perhaps cheese on a burger for dinner if we go out or string cheese at home if we don't.

One of the Whole30 Daily newsletters suggested we set another goal toward better health...for 30 days...and some of us have decided to do a Exercise30 for July 1-30. Specific guidelines for each person doing an Exercise30 may vary. For me, I'm going to commit to daily exercise or movement for 30 days of at least 20 minutes. It can even be two 10-minute workouts...but what my focus is on is consistency...making workouts, exercise, movement and activity a regular part of my new, healthy lifestyle...to the point of it becoming something I just "do" to take care of myself...self-care in action. So e days may be elliptical or stationary bike, some days Zumba class or kettle bells, some days machines and free weights, some days stretching or yoga or walking...want to keep variety in there so I can sustain this new healthy habit for a lifetime!

JOIN ME.....whether you were in the JUNE GROUP or not...the more, the merrier. I have learned so much from these forums, posts and support groups.....especially being my first Whole30, first time doing Paleo lifestyle, first time learning to cook, first time staying OFF the scale for 30 days......can't wait to see what I lean about myself and my body during REINTRODUCTION! Wooooohooooooo!

post-25664-0-70809300-1372616110_thumb.j

post-25664-0-33629000-1372616148_thumb.j

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the June group and I'll be in this one! :)

I'm doing dairy tomorrow, too. I plan to make my morning scrambled eggs with a little milk and cheddar cheese. Not sure what dairy I'll add for lunch. I WILL be having some froyo after dinner! :D

Kelly, Thanks for starting this thread. You rock!!

I have decided not to re-introduce just yet, however I am committing to 30 days of some sort of movement everyday that I can call exercise. Walking my dog every day is something I need to do not just for me but more importantly my dog. That is my first plan of exercise.

~pam

Glad that you started this and will join in. I did run Saturday and Sunday after not running for 2 weeks and then only on e a week before that! I used to run 4 to 5 times a week and want to get back to that.

I am also not going to reintroduce anything right now. Probably will let some wine in over the holiday weekend but don't know about dairy yet. I do want to add cheese back in but not just yet.

While I'm really surprised at how easy the whole30 was for me, I didn't get the tiger blood and did not lose weight either. The last week or so I started to notice my old nonstop headache creeping back in, and I think that affects my sleep too.not sure why the headache came back, but maybe I need to have more sweet potatoes or something. So I need to work that out and also get my portion sizes down to more appropriate for my activity level and desire to lose weight/fat. Lol also need to stop letting macadamia nuts turn into my no brakes food!

Dairy reintro.

Now having organic half and half with my decaf coffee, and a green pepper frittata.  Truthfully, I now like coconut oil and ghee in my coffee better than half and half.  

Planning to have cheese with my lunch and dinner.

Exercise (not sure if I'll exercise every day for the next 30 days, but we'll see): have an 11 am appointment with my personal trainer for a new strength training routine. I meet with her every 6 weeks and she crafts a new routine so I don't get bored.  That session is an hour, so I'll be set for today. 

Been also thinking about when I'll have chocolate again. It will be dark, and I'd also like it to be free of soy/soy lecithin.  Luckily we have a chocolate company in my area that offers such a product: Taza Chocolate: organic plus dairy, soy and gluten-free. They also get their cacao beans directly from farmers who grow their crop in a manner that respects the rights of their workers and the environment. Chocolate you can feel good about!!  :D http://www.tazachocolate.com/Process/Healthy_Dark_Chocolate

Good morning!  I didn't post much, once I think, in the June group log but I did find it helpful to have a group of buddies to go along with.  I love the idea of committing to exercise for 30 days.  I started working out in my 3rd week and that's when I began to notice some real changes in my body.  I hope to continue those changes, for the better, and would love to have a place to chat and see what others are doing for exercise! 

This AM for reintro I added raw milk to my coffee and parmesan to my eggs.  Like GFChris said, I missed my frothy coconut slurry so after a few sips I added some coconut cream and whirred it up in the bullet.  Ahh, much better.  I am feeling a bit disgruntled this AM, didn't sleep well and my tummy wasn't all that happy when I woke up but I think it might be feeling a bit worse, kind of crampy.  I don't know if it's my imagination tho, so will keep it in mind through out the day.  I will be having some raw havarti with lunch and am not sure about dinner.  I bought one of my favorite yogurts yesterday to have in the evening but forgot that it has evaporated cane syrup in it and I don't want to reintroduce sugar just yet.  We'll see.

Congrats to everyone for making here!  Looking forward to what this month may bring :P

So, added organic half and half to my coffee this a.m......had with hard boiled eggs, paleo mayo, black pepper, cucumbers and tomatoes...but to tell you the truth...I like the coconut milk in my coffee better than the half and half. I'll give the half and half to my coworker...and stick with the coconut milk...interesting!

Also, I exercised 20 minutes on elliptical yesterday...just to get me started, though today is the official start of my Exercise30...I plan to go to Zumba class tonight after work.

I have my results from my Whole30...but will post it in the June Whole 30 thread...

Kelly

Dairy reintro today...added heavy cream to coffee (I too prefer coconut, or even better homemade almond milk). Had some aged cheddar grated on my scrambled eggs at breakfast. Will have some of that on the burgers I'm making for dinner too. Feel fine so far, which is good, because a little bit of dairy is really the only thing I'm interested in having occasionally at this point.

Just finished up doing two and a half hours of cleaning my house, bathrooms, sweep, mop, vacuuming...does this count towards my 20 minutes of exercise?! I'll probably do some yoga in the evening, want to make it part of my nightly routine.

I definitely think house cleaning counts, especially when it's deeper cleaning like you did.  It absolutely burns calories, just don't rely on it for everyday workouts ;)

I think it counts too, and don't worry- I don't clean like that too often- lol!!

Organic half and half at breakfast didn't bother me. However, had a piece of cheese with my lunch and now, 4 hours later, my stomach is sore and gurgling. If this keeps up, I won't be having any more dairy at dinner today - my test is done. 

Hi all!

I'm saving my dairy reintroduction until tomorrow, when I'm going out with some friends. Figured having access to a nice cheese board would be a good thing. But I stocked up with some raw milk cheese for morning eggs and a grass fed maple yogurt for lunch. Not expecting great results here, but worth getting clarity on. I'll test separately for goat and sheep cheese later in the month. Similarly, I'm going to test separately for corn and soy, so I'm expecting this reintroduction thing to take awhile.

The cool thing is, I'm still eating Whole 30ish today and not feeling any desire to do otherwise. I am planning to make some paleo berry muffins to go with dinner (with a little honey or maple syrup as a sweetener) and some sweet potato fries as well. To give myself a celebratory treat and to try to bring the rest of the family along some. Looking forward to that! We'll also have easy turkey lettuce wraps with avocado and homemade mayonnaise.

Have been home with a sick kid all day, so no exercise yet, but it's coming!

So far...1/2 and 1/2 with coffee was fine, but didn't really like it...won't be having that unless out at a restaurant having coffee...FAGE greek yogurt at lunch seemed fine...tonight we are going out so plan to have a cheeseburger (no bun....and instead of fries, will have a salad). No workout yet...not going to Zumba as planned, but will be sure to get in 20 minutes of "something" tonight after dinner...may start off gently and just do stretching and foam rolling!

Ugh. Here I was all set to stay whole30 and postpone any reintroductions... But thought what the heck I should go ahead and do it now so I know what foods affect me. Couldn't start this morning since I had no dairy in the house. So I stopped on the way home and picked up some yogurt, a good cheese that I used to love, and some cottage cheese and some ice cream whic I never buy for myself and rarely eat except as a treat.

So anyway... I figured I'd start with the ice cream after dinner. Well that was a massive failure...or not depending on how you look at it!

I only bought a small (14 oz) container of vanilla Hagen Daz. Dished out a little dish and it hardly made a dent in that container so I went back and dished up some more cause thought that little bit isn't going to tell me anything.

Well before I knew it I said screw the dish and proceeded to eat the rest right out of the carton.

Talk about food without breaks! And I don't even ever crave it or buy it but I couldn't stop myself.

And then I started to feel really bad. I mean tummy ache and headache and then the congestion in tha throat. Yuck. So did I feel so bad from the dairy itself or because I ate so much? Don't know, but I know I'm going to be even less inclined to get ice cream as a treat in the future!

Will try again with either yogurt or cottage cheese in the morning.

On a good note I did get out and walk at lunchtime so day one done for me :-)

Will try again with either yogurt or cottage cheese in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're still feeling yucky in the morning, think about re-trying dairy in a couple days, and stay Whole30 compliant in the meantime, so you get a clean re-start on the reintro.

On another positive note, sounds like the ice cream was powerful learning experience. 

So I had my plain yogurt this morning with some almonds (and eggs & tomatoes), it was nice to give variety to my breakfast, for lunch had a caprese salad with fresh mozzarella (+ steak with onions and peppers & a mango) so far no headache no stomach pain nothing at all, so I guess dairy once in a while is ok with me. 

will give it 2 days to make sure it is alright.  Will try some corn and quinoa on thursday.

Did my 30 minutes workout, so day 1 was a success!

ohhh! to celebrate I bought me the Yonanas so will be having some compliant Ice cream this week   :D

hi all! my trip abroad did not pan out so i am reintro-ing in miami.

had whole cow milk in my coffee this morning and it was everything i dreamed of. amazing. then i had yogurt for lunch (limited options, on road) with banana and almond butter. no dairy at dinner, but more coffee and then reintro-ed alcohol - a terrible vodka soda and a decent glass of wine. i had a bite of bread at breakfast and immediately regretted it - was nothing special, i knew it wouldn't be special, and now i'd biased my dairy test.

my belly feels hard and full, but i am also not eating nearly half as much vegetables due to travel/eating out. trying to reintro as planned but also realizing i won't really know what's up (short of anything drastic) until back on my usual routine.

clean tomorrow! (except for alcohol and that milk in my coffee).

good luck everyone!

PS is anyone feeling anxiety around reintro + weight? i knew that my weight loss on this would be fairly unsustainable unless i stayed strict whole 30 which i don't plan on. plus vacation makes it all harder. so trying to not stress it but i kinda don't want to reintro anything other than the coffee milk and alcohol... beyond reasons of convenience or not having to explain things to people. my weight is much easier to manage without eating grains. will probably reintroduce all the things just to see if there is a real clear reaction but for general weight/health i probably don't want much of this stuff back.

Sounds like we are all learning from reintro already! For me, even w the foods I reintroduce that seem to be ok...I will only have occasionally...NOT add regularly. I have my focus off wt during the whole 30 and lost wt....so will just keep focusing on choices and body signals. Not planning to go crazy w reintro...don't plan to weigh til aug 1

Eats for Day 1 (post whole 30 and semi intro - just calling it Day 1 for now):

**cold leftover beef/lamb patty, strawberries, coffee

**grilled rainbow trout, grilled vegetables (including some corn), salad with a little goat cheese

**small square of 60% dark chocolate

**stove top popcorn popped in coconut oil with butter and salt, rest of the plum cobbler

Moves for Day 1: morning sun salutations

Today will be my only off roadish day and back to Whole 30 tomorrow until the 31st. I treated myself to a shopping trip at Gap and was very pleased to find my regular size fitting comfortably - in some cases even a little loosely! So not as bummed about the scale not budging and feeling optimistic that another month of this plan will possibly put me to the next size down. Feeling calm, steady and happy.

Almost bailed on my 1st day of EXERCISE30! Instead....set the timer for 20 minutes and just started doing stuff in the living room walking jogging push-ups crunches planks stretching bicep curls twists until the timer went off at 20 minutes continuous movement 20 minutes just a combination of stuff. Yay. Day 1 DONE. Reintro dairy done!

Stomach soreness yesterday dissipated just before dinner. Went out to eat. Husband and I split an appetizer of a gluten-free spinach and artichoke dip made with cream cheese and topped with some melted mozzarella. I dipped with carrots and celery. Broiled salmon and grilled asparagus (in olive oil) for dinner.

After dinner, I had a mild stomach ache and was gassy.

So, the dairy test went pretty much as I thought.  For now, dairy is off the table. I may do what Selene has planned, and test sheep and goat milk cheeses later this month.

Going back to eating clean today, including my coconut oil and ghee in my decaf coffee, and intend to do an hour of cardio (30 min treadmill, 30 min elliptical) at the gym later this morning. 

PS is anyone feeling anxiety around reintro + weight? i knew that my weight loss on this would be fairly unsustainable unless i stayed strict whole 30 which i don't plan on. plus vacation makes it all harder. so trying to not stress it but i kinda don't want to reintro anything other than the coffee milk and alcohol... beyond reasons of convenience or not having to explain things to people. my weight is much easier to manage without eating grains. will probably reintroduce all the things just to see if there is a real clear reaction but for general weight/health i probably don't want much of this stuff back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know that I feel anxiety around reintro and weight.  I'm not going to weigh/measure myself again until July 31st. I will be having alcohol (likely in the form of red wine or gluten-free beer) periodically throughout this month, otherwise, other than reintro, I plan to stay clean. Plus, if I exercise every day for 30 days (still not sure I'll be able to do that, but will do my best), that will help on the weight-front.

Archived