Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

It's 6 AM and I just finished an awesome 30 minutes interval workout in Boot Camp. Yay. Day 2 exercise 30 complete. I might actually try a yoga work out tonight always wanted to try it it's for beginners. Will check in later. Kelly

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night my exercise consisted of floor work and stretches. Tonight after getting home from work, I will walk my dogs.  I realize one of my downfalls which is if I say I am getting up early to...example,  walk the dogs, I always talk myself out of it because staying in bed for a few more minutes of sleep is so nice. I have never liked getting up early, however I always feel so much better if I get up and start doing something. I am going to really work on getting up when my alarm goes off and get a walk in early in the morning. 

Following the Whole 30 still, so I guess I am on day 37. I will be on vacation next week, my sister trip, and I really plan on continuing as close as possible to Whole 30 as I can. I already have my Primial Pacs ready to take with me, and I will stock up on Larabars. 

~pam

Well no ill effects that I can tell from the ice cream episode last night.

Had some cottage cheese with breakfast and gotta say it tasted especially yummy... perhaps because it was not a low fat version?

Not that I will keep this in my diet but it would be nice as another option when traveling / eating out.

Can I join y'all?  I started my whole30 on Jun 3, so technically, this is my last day, with reintro tomorrow. But I bought some goat's milk from a neighbor for my dd (who is allergic to dairy) to try, and in order to get her try it, I had to as well.  So, I think I'll just consider this day 1 of reintro, and since I'm also allergic to dairy, will see if I tolerate the goat's milk.  Will have a little more with lunch.

So far no ill effects.

Will also join in the exercise30.  I'm going to to the 30 day plank challenge, and also move for 20 minutes.

Next I want to intro sugar, so I can have my almond butter fudge coconut bark, and dark chocolate. 

So today is dairy reintroduction day for me, as I'm out with friends tonight and thought it would be nice to have expanded options. Yesterday, I stayed Whole 30-like with the exception of not worrying too much about natural sweeteners. Made some paleo raspberry muffins with a very small amount of maple syrup and ate one with dinner. My kids loved these!

This morning I had apple slices with sunflower seed butter (something I never did on Whole30) and a maple sweetened organic yogurt from grass fed cows. Mid-morning had a decaf with a small amount of half and half and now I'm sitting and eating my lunch with cheese (salad with sardines, kale and pecan salad, blackberries, gouda from a local raw milk farm). If no noticeable symptoms, I may throw in another helping with dinner (as cheese and half and half portions were very small!).

I realize I sound a little like a Portlandia episode here with all the dairy sourcing info. Will share results tomorrow. So far, so good, which is surprising, as cow dairy has posed some problems in the past.

Exercise 30 wise, I did this awesome 45 minute hip opening yoga sequence from home last night:

I love the Yogatic YouTube channel -- it is a great resource with tons of free, well-led yoga sequences of varying length and focus. I will be using it a lot this month!

Today I will be in a very cardiovascular dance rehearsal, testing whether or not my current injury will allow me to dance at "performance grade" or not. Fingers crossed!

Back to Whole30 food today...reintroduced half/half, greek yogurt and cheese yesterday. All seemed fine. Don't plan to eat those things often, but seems that I'm OK to do so once in a while. Don't notice anything today ether...so I guess I continue tomorrow and then reintro guinoa, corn tortillias and brown rice on Thursday?

Yesterday dairy reintro had heavy cream in coffee, shredded aged cheddar on scrambled eggs, and maytag bleu in a salad for dinner (with arugula, red onion, and sliced nectarines- yum). I did feel congested in the evening but I picked up my mother's cat yesterday to cat sit while she's away and I'm allergic to it, so that may of caused the congestion. Maybe I'll try that again another time. Yesterday did the whole house cleaning thing and then 25 minutes of yoga in the evening. For anyone else looking for online yoga classes- I use Black Swan Yoga TV based here in Austin. It does cost $8 a month but you can pick your instructor based on their bios and then choose from all sorts of different "classes". They are a donation based studio IRL and I think they're just awesome. Went to the gym today but my daughter only lasted 15 minutes in the daycare so that was the extent of my workout. After I digest a little tonight I will pick something else to do for a half hour. Guess I'll be reintroing gluten on Thursday. I will not start eating it again but am curious to see it's effects.

So today is dairy reintroduction day for me, as I'm out with friends tonight and thought it would be nice to have expanded options. Yesterday, I stayed Whole 30-like with the exception of not worrying too much about natural sweeteners. Made some paleo raspberry muffins with a very small amount of maple syrup and ate one with dinner. My kids loved these!

This morning I had apple slices with sunflower seed butter (something I never did on Whole30) and a maple sweetened organic yogurt from grass fed cows. Mid-morning had a decaf with a small amount of half and half and now I'm sitting and eating my lunch with cheese (salad with sardines, kale and pecan salad, blackberries, gouda from a local raw milk farm). If no noticeable symptoms, I may throw in another helping with dinner (as cheese and half and half portions were very small!).

I realize I sound a little like a Portlandia episode here with all the dairy sourcing info. Will share results tomorrow. So far, so good, which is surprising, as cow dairy has posed some problems in the past.

Exercise 30 wise, I did this awesome 45 minute hip opening yoga sequence from home last night:

I love the Yogatic YouTube channel -- it is a great resource with tons of free, well-led yoga sequences of varying length and focus. I will be using it a lot this month!

Today I will be in a very cardiovascular dance rehearsal, testing whether or not my current injury will allow me to dance at "performance grade" or not. Fingers crossed!

@Selene......Thanks for the YouTube info, just checked it out and there are some good videos on there.

Just back from a 30 min dog walk. My dogs appreciated it and so did I. We had a storm go thru just an hour before so the temps were just perfect. 
I was busy at work today, I relied on Larabars and Primal pacs. We had to replace our frig, the new one was replaced this morning, Yesterday I spent the evening throwing some really great food out because our freezer wasn't working. I will rectify this soon and replace my good stuff. 

At work one of my co-workers has on her desk a bowl of candy bars (snack size), a container of animal crackers and a container of peanut butter filled pretzel bites. I have to say I am not at all tempted to eat any of it.  That was not true a 38 days ago. I really am thankful I was told about Whole30 and have been successful at it. 

~pam

Eats for Day 2:

**leftover beef/lamb patty, strawberries, coffee

**cold steak, mahi mahi with a little mayo, zucchini noodles, cashew cookie Larabar

**handful of sunflower seeds

**little tastes of plum jam

**popcorn, raspberry Kombucha

**grilled teriyaki chicken, beef hotdog, sweet potato fries, roasted broccoli with mayo, sautéed red peppe and snap peas, grapes, Tehava tea

Movement for Day 2:

**10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 10 air squats x 3 rounds

**rode my horse 1 1/2 hours

Lots of food today, lots of cravings too! Made plum jam with our bumper crop, had to taste of course. Also succumbed to the homemade leftover popcorn when I returned, famished, from my long trail ride. Good energy today, felt overall okay with my choices. Am I doing another Whole 30 or more of a modified version? Sorely tempted by husband's delicious cookies but chose fruit instead. Glad I cooked a lot tonight so I'll have plenty of leftovers for a couple days.

Can someone advise me re gluten grains vs non gluten grains...samples of each? Have to look at rintro schedule again...is gluten Thursday?

----------

Thursday: non gluten grains

Sunday: gluten grains

Wedn: legumes.

(Ill do alcohol the following saturday)

Can someone advise me re gluten grains vs non gluten grains...samples of each? Have to look at rintro schedule again...is gluten Thursday?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In ISWF, after dairy, the sample reintro schedule has gluten-containing grains then non-gluten grains then legumes, but you can reintro in whatever order you wish.

Examples of gluten grains (in ISWF): whole wheat bagel, side of pasta, dinner roll. Panko or other bread crumbs, whole wheat cereal, or crackers containing wheat would be other options.

Examples of non-gluten grains: white rice, corn tortilla chips, gluten-free bread, quinoa, rice pasta, corn pasta, oatmeal.

Today I plan to have another clean Whole30 day before I reintro non-gluten grains tomorrow. (As I've been gluten-free for years, I won't do a reintro on that item: no need. :))

For exercise today, I will do at least a 15-20 minute walk outside. I have a produce stand about 3 blocks from my house, so I think I'll walk there, hopefully get some fresh cilantro, and walk back, adding on more walking time, if needed, to get to 20 minutes.

Out with my husband and his co-workers tonight at a Japanese steak house. Plan to get sashimi (fish only without rice) and hopefully some vegetable or salad that's compliant. Looking at their online menu, I see they have an avocado salad, so I'm leaning in that direction. Also planning to not have alcohol.

Did my dairy reintro yesterday with no major side effects, except for a little heaviness. Won't be adding dairy back in except to not worry about it so much if eating out, as my youngest daughter is lactose intolerant and wants some support with this at home. Also, I know from past experience that while a little might be okay here and there, a lot doesn't do me any favors.

I did have a mint julep with dinner out with friends last night (delicious and lovely) and feel a little brain fogged/slow moving this morning. A very good reminder that this just doesn't work as a daily/regular habit for me, as relaxing as the effects might be. It's worth feeling slow every now and then to have a drink with friends, but otherwise...sleep was also much more restless, something I have experienced with even small amounts of alcohol previously.

Exercise was great yesterday -- very vigorous, sweaty dance rehearsal for about an hour and a half. Super fun!

----------

Thursday: non gluten grains

Sunday: gluten grains

Wedn: legumes.

(Ill do alcohol the following saturday)

Thanks Anaxg....so if Thursday (tomorrow) is non gluten grains, am I OK with: brown rice, quinoa, corn tortillias?  If Sunday is gluten grains...which ones are those....whole wheat? white flour/bread? what else? I don't really want to add gluten, but I want to take this opportunity to test it out to see if my body has issues with it. Regardless, I don't plan to add it back....just test it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In ISWF, after dairy, the sample reintro schedule has gluten-containing grains then non-gluten grains then legumes, but you can reintro in whatever order you wish.

Examples of gluten grains (in ISWF): whole wheat bagel, side of pasta, dinner roll. Panko or other bread crumbs, whole wheat cereal, or crackers containing wheat would be other options.

Examples of non-gluten grains: white rice, corn tortilla chips, gluten-free bread, quinoa, rice pasta, corn pasta, oatmeal.

Thanks GF Chris! I already bought the non-gluten grains...so I think I will do that on Thursday...then on Saturday try out gluten grains...thanks for the examples...helps (:

JULY 3, DAY 3 EXERCISE30 and REINTRODUCTION...

Regular Whole30 day today, food-wise. Last night did NOT do yoga at night..so was happy I had done an interval workout in the a.m.

Tonight after work I will either do the yoga workout for my EXERCISE30 or I'll go to the gym where it's nice and air conditioned (supposed to be in the 90's today, and I don't have air conditoning at home (:

After working out just monday and tuesday, I'm sore today (good kind of sore)...feels like I did something ...yay.

Have a great day all...I'll check in later

Day 3 - Post Whole30

I re-intro'd an IPA on July 1 in celebration of finishing the Whole30 and to celebrate Canada Day!  It was delicious! No ill effects the next day or day after.  I haven't re-intro'd anything else yet.  I'm going to stick with the Whole30 plan as much as possible for the foreseeable future.

Before Whole30, I was a chocolate junkie...I love chocolate SO MUCH!  Anyway, I was at a friend's house for supper (steak with zuchinni and salad) and for desert, they brought out a bowl of broken up chocolate bar pieces. OHHHHHH...it looked so good! Anyway, I didn't have any! YEAH! All I thought was, if I am going to eat chocolate, I am going to wait to have something homemade and delicious that I won't have the chance to eat very often. (I need rules!)

Nice to see that everyone is doing well and had some great results!

Have a great day!

I've seen talk of reintro non-gluten grains tomorrow (Thurs), anyone doing gluten grains (per ISWF) and what are you planning on eating?  Being the 4th I am sure I will have the opportunity to eat all sorts of bread products which will do the trick however, I kinda wanna throw another glutenous something in there.  I have been requested to bring one of my "yummy salads" to a potluck bbq, thinking about making a wheatberry or farro salad with mixed veggies. 

I hope everyone's reintro is going well so far :)

I've seen talk of reintro non-gluten grains tomorrow (Thurs), anyone doing gluten grains (per ISWF) and what are you planning on eating?  Being the 4th I am sure I will have the opportunity to eat all sorts of bread products which will do the trick however, I kinda wanna throw another glutenous something in there.  I have been requested to bring one of my "yummy salads" to a potluck bbq, thinking about making a wheatberry or farro salad with mixed veggies. 

I hope everyone's reintro is going well so far :)

I am! I'm struggling to think of things to eat...I do have some sourdough bread so I will probably have a slice of toast with breakfast. Not sure about lunch and dinner, maybe pasta? I don't want to overdo it, then again, if I'm going to eat it I want to make it good!

Lesson learned: if you're having sashimi and the quality is so so, that might be a clue to not try the restaurant's red bean ice cream. Ugh, what a disappointment. Tasteless, not in any way special, and my belly is so not happy with me. Thank goodness I only ate the equivalent of 2 tablespoons. Oh, and the pineapple? From a can!!

Spoiled an otherwise clean day. OK, I'm REALLY done with dairy re-intro: onto gluten-free grain reintro tomorrow.

Eats for Day 3:

**two cold grilled hot dogs, raspberries, coffee

**big salad: spinach, cucumber, teriyaki chicken, strawberries, balsalmic vinagraite

**tons of Pelegrino with ice and lime

**couple big Tejava teas with ice and lime

**baby carrots, grapes, cashew cookie Larabar

**bacon, eggs with leftover veg (broccoli, sweet potato, red pepper and snap peas)

Moves for Day 3:

**morning Sun Salutations

**2 hour intense lesson

For those of you curious about my "lessons"... I ride competitive gymkhana (western speed events) and take this lesson to improve my skills. Though we don't practice "at speed" it's quite a workout (for me AND my horse!) My trainer likes to set up lots of different events into one big obstacle course that we work through. Today was speed barrels, birangle and poles two ways. I think riding is a pretty great workout for my legs and core.

Archived