Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFChris: That was a good link...thanks.

OK, folks, I'm at work ...almost everyone went home...working on my project and was tempted to go to the vending machine for a candy bar...those cravings returned once I went off roading and ate sugar!  Then, I talked myself down from the candy bar craving to a LARABAR....then I remembered the reasons WHY I'm eating healthy and feeling great when I do...and the long-term benefits....and was able to avoid the LARABAR and go heat up my Whole30 dinner.....a ton of broccoli covered in Thai curry chicken and more veggies (Whole30 recipe that I made weeks ago and had in my freezer). I am now enjoying it with water as I work away....and now I am HAPPY that I made the choice that makes me healthier....rather than the choice that makes me less healthy. Yay me!

Kelly- great reminder to think about why I was doing this. I've now had two non-compliant meals in past two days. Work has been insane. So my dinner tonight was a coke and candy bar. I feel like Rock bottom. But was compliant earlier today. Sigh. After all this time, I expected it to e easier. Tomorrow will be tough. I have nothing cooked. :(

No exercise yesterday (day 2 of a multi-day heat wave in my area). 

Went out to dinner last night: a wonderful meal including a glass of sangria, raw oysters for apps, tasty tuna dish with spinach for my entree, and a creative delicious side dish of grilled asparagus topped with a fried egg and bit of Parmesan cheese and truffle oil. Had a scoop of blueberry sorbet for dessert with black decaf coffee. Gassy afterward - guessing from the Parmesan cheese with the asparagus. 

Meals 1 and 2 were compliant. 

Need to grocery shop and cook today: plan to bake a frittata and cook up some lamb ribs I pulled out of the freezer yesterday.

Eats for day 15:

**three hot dogs with mustard, strawberries, coffee

**green salad (romaine, artichokes, mushrooms, beets, cucumber, oil and vinegar), teriyaki chicken skewers, raspberry Kombucha

**Venti ice green tea

**Pelligrino with lemon, a few grapes

**beef burger patty, sweet potato oven fries, vanilla Rooibus tea

Moves for day 15:

**30 minutes running around the park with the new puppy

Feel really good about my eating today. Overcame some big cravings for chocolate, sugar. Wish I could motivate myself for more formal exercise but when it comes down to it I am naturally pretty active. I am thinking about eliminating nuts to work on the inflammation in my arm... what are the members of the nightshade family that are also good to eliminate for this? I already know that eggs are a mild allergin for me.

Well, did great ALL day yesterday...bringing Whole30 compliant dinner to work late, etc. then derailed when I got home (tired???). When I got home I had:

3 handfuls of pistachios

2 servings of TJ multigrain pita chips

1 kombucha

2 string cheese

2 TJ frozen chicken tenders

1 primal pac snack pack

Did not work out.

This morning, started the new day off right:

2 eggs, broccoli, green peppers, salt, pepper, yam, kombucha, avocado

lunch I plan to have:

cucumber, tomato, avocado, burger patty, mineral water

dinner:

chicken breast, artichoke, paleo mayo, water

I have to work late again tonight. My deadline for my big project is tomorrow a.m.

Kelly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gluten reintro recommendations in ISWF are a whole-wheat bagel, pasta and a dinner roll. So yes, you want to try as much as you can to avoid other questionable ingredients when reintroducing a particular item.

Good point Chris, thanks for the info. I do have a question though.....in the book for dairy is suggested reintro with ice cream at the end of the day. Did you do the same or just do yogurts, cream, etc. that have no sugar added?

As for sugar reintro I think I'll leave that out for now. I'll go ahead with the gluten reinto on Saturday instead.

Staff meeting...they had coffee, fresh fruit, lemon pound cake...

I already had my Whole30 breakfast, so I just had a cup of coffee....and was going to put half and half but decided to stay clean and add my coconut milk....also thought about having fresh fruit...looked good, but decided with all my off roading lately, I had better watch my consumption of fruit, nuts, and having kombucha too often.

We celebrated my youngest daughters birthday Sunday evening (her birthday was Monday but I had class Monday night). I made her favorite meal, cashew chicken, and I made her favorite cake, Blackberry Wine cake. I ate maybe an 1/8 of a cup of rice and two pieces of the chicken, then maybe 1 1/2 bites of the cake.......my stomach felt so bad later that night, I was so surprised by such little amounts that I ate. So yesterday I was back to Whole 30 eating... I like the way I feel when I eat clean and I can definitely tell the difference even if I off road just a tad. I weighed myself again this morning and I am down another couple pounds, that is another motivator. 

Today more people are noticing the weight loss, makes me feel good.

~pam

I do have a question though.....in the book for dairy is suggested reintro with ice cream at the end of the day. Did you do the same or just do yogurts, cream, etc. that have no sugar added?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my dairy reintro I ate things that I might want to have at some point in the future (not a big yogurt fan and I rarely eat ice cream because I know it bothers me). At the beginning of this month, one day I did organic half and half in my morning coffee, a piece of havarti cheese at lunch, and a spinach and artichoke dip made with cream cheese at dinner.

I tested goat cheese separately this past weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my dairy reintro I ate things that I might want to have at some point in the future (not a big yogurt fan and I rarely eat ice cream because I know it bothers me). At the beginning of this month, one day I did organic half and half in my morning coffee, a piece of havarti cheese at lunch, and a spinach and artichoke dip made with cream cheese at dinner.

I tested goat cheese separately this past weekend.

mmm...spinach artichoke sounds good right now....

Pam21e: congrats on further weight loss. I know I"m up about 3 lbs (so net 6 instead of the 9 I lost during my June Whole 30...but still good....trying not to weigh again til Aug 1 but still "drawn" to knowing..guess cuz I've been off-roading...so I must build a healthier relationship with the food, with my body and with the scale (or lack of).

Today I just want to keep posting as it keeps me honest. I successfully went home for lunch and had my planned lunch....burger, avocado, cucmber, tomato and minteral water. Back at work now. Dinner is planned for chicken, artichoke and paleo mayo. I threw chicken breasts and spices in slow cooker before returning to work...and I cooked the artichoke...so all should be ready when I get home around 7 tonight...will just have to make the paleo mayo and I'm set....

OK, posting that it's 4 p.m., I'm at work and am hungry...tummy growling...won't make it til 7 pm.. for dinner....so am going to eat a Primal Pac snack pack.....protein, fruit, nut...but at least it includes protein....keeping me away from vending machine and junk...it's still Whole30 approved (: right?

Me again...still at work...crunching on the project due tomorrow....5:40 pm and plan to stay til 7 p.m.  Ate the  primal pac....tempted to go to vending machine...even though I am NOT hungry....so I called hubby and asked how the chicken I put in the crock pot was doing...he said fine...so I decided to think about the goals of my Whole 30 experience...and making choices to get healthier vs less healthy....also read email from Robb Wolf talking abuot the Paleo percentages and how folks say they are Paleo 90/10, 80/20 etc and how that is really not good because even a little off-roading can do days/weeks worth of damage internally....as you have all reminded me....we worked so hard to do a "clean" whole30.....so thinking about all this I decided to get a cup of coffee with coconut milk...which will hold me til 7 p.m. and get me home to that chicken, artichoke and paleo mayo!  I'll post once I successfully follow thru with my plan...Thanks for listening constantly today (:

Kelly

Anaxg: Thx! Sorry about the artichoke and mayo craving. I came home at 7 pm. Made Paleo mayo, then ate w artichoke and a slow cooker chicken. Water. Pistachios. Done. No workout but at least I ate 100% on plan. On to tomorrow

Eats for day 16:

**beef burger patty, sweet potato fries, strawberries, coffee

**mesquite grilled chicken, veggies cooked in Mexican spices (squash, onions, corn, carrots, tomatoes), three small handmade corn tortillas, mineral water

**small frozen yogurt (chocolate, peanut butter, caramel pretzel)

**Venti ice green tea

**dry roasted hazelnuts, coconut lime Kombucha

**tuna steak, roasted broccoli, mayo

**too many Oreos

Moves for day 16:

**one hour trail ride

**stroll through town with the puppy

Darn downward spiral of sugar consumption! Better not to ever make the first move. Hanging out with friends lowers my resistance. Tomorrow will be better. My friend did have nice compliments for me... I feel good overall and happy with my body composition though the scale is not reflecting my obvious progress. I have decided to do the next Official Whole 30 via Whole 9 in August. Meanwhile will continue to modify.... will try harder to avoid the junk... its never ever worth it.

Kindergarten cowgirl - and what a spiral it is! After my epic fail last nite, I went to bed without preparing any thing for lunch... Lead to eating out of the vending machine. Birthday cake for my son and pasta for dinner. I feel so frustrated. It's like I have to go all or nothing. I have no brakes once I start.

So to eat clean tomorrow, I have a pork roast in the crockpot.

Good luck to you all!

Was traveling for a bunch of days and let myself relax and enjoy food without worrying: some gluten, dairy, alcohol & sugar. No terrible effects, but after a few days I'm pretty bloated. Committed to a whole30-ish baseline. Still haven't tested legumes, corn, soy, or goat/sheep cheese separately.

Have succeeded in exercising every day, though the last few days my injury is acting up, so exercise has been basically PT and stretching. Going to try some hip opening yoga today.

I have some celebratory birthday events this week which I will enjoy, but other than that will commit to whole30 style eating with some GF grains in the mix.

Did 15 minutes of walking outside yesterday (was a dripping mess when I was done, due to the hot humid weather we're having).

Ate 100% compliant. Tried avocado oil rubbed into lamb ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before putting in the oven - yum!

About to make a salsa chicken recipe in a crock pot for dinner tonight. 

I wanted to add, a week ago I started an 8 week class in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). While I feel like managing my stress is under control, part of my work is teaching classes on mIndfulness and I thought this would be a good addition to my background (and offer many personal benefits to my well-being also). In addition to attending the once a week classes, attendees commit to doing 45 minutes of a daily home mindfulness practice. So far, I've kept up, and this has been a wonderful way of grounding myself for each day.

Good morning all. Feel great after a compliant day yesterday (it's been a while since I could say a full day compliant). Today I plan to do the same. Tomorrow we have a going away BBQ for 2 employees...last BBQ I was on Whole30 and did not participate...brought my own food. This time, I will allow myself chicken and salad and fruit...but none of the other stuff....

This a.m. had egg salad (eggs, black pepper, Paleo mayo), some cucumbers (I realized I love cucumbers), yam and coffee w coconut milk

Lunch will have crock pot chicken with zucchini and ghee.

Dinner will have spinach, shrimp and avocado...

Possible 20 min work out tonight.

Kelly

Derailed at lunch. Power went out at work..a.nd when I got home, it was out there too...so no microwaving and did not want to open refrigerator (not knowing how long the power would be out...didn't want anything to spoil). So, ate multigrain pita chips, some of a primal pac....then power came back on just in time to return to work, so grabbed a couple of frozen chicken tenders...also late morning had fiber one bar from vending machine (2)...then salmon from the local hospital cafeteria.  Later this afternoon felt like diet soda but told myself no...and got a kombucha and a CLIF bar. Tonight hubby wants to go out. Will start a new day tomorrow...with BBQ lunch...but all else clean? Will have to work hard this weekend to eat clean. Why so hard once off track ot get back on? I need to manage my stress better, I think, from work..vs giving in to food and then starting the chain reaction of cravings, etc.

Eats for Day 17:

**steamed shrimp, roasted broccoli, coffee

**almond butter and chocolate chips

**tuna steak, white rice, cherry tomatos, raspberry Kombucha

Moves for Day 17:

**two hour lesson

WTH with the almond butter lunch... normally I would have had it with veggies but still riding the sugar wave I guess. Felt so low and hungover this morning from the sugar junk that I actually felt better after I indulged. Overrode some cravings later and ended up on the positive side. Tomorrow will be even better.

Archived