Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all- wow, seems like forever since I've checked in here! Things are going well, only got off track for a couple of days early in the month- had some wine (too much) which led to feeling horrible the next day and eating part of a burrito (beans, wheat, white potatoes and cheese!) and sharing an icy with my daughter. The sugar hit made me feel so gross and sick! Since then, no alcohol, and I'd say I've been 95% paleo- I do allow myself small amounts of cheese, like as a garnish on a salad or some bleu on my burger. I feel fine after and I love cheese so if I can keep it like this is moderation, which it seems I can, I will. I have indulged a bit too much in paleo-friendly "treats". I made some cookies for my daughter and ended up eating most of them. Oops. They didn't have any sugar (or honey or syrup) but they did have raisins and banana and almond butter. So...not the worst thing, but not the best. Also had some Hail Merry desserts- has anyone tried them? OMG they are amazing- individual tarts and macaroons, so delish! I actually didn't eat these as quickly as they are very sweet. Going to try and back off these things for awhile though.

As for exercise I've been doing well too, not daily but close. Mostly weights at the gym with some cardio and yoga at home. I can tell I'm getting stronger so that's a great feeling. I did break out the scale around the 11th after my slip-ups and was down 2 more pounds so that was good. Won't check again until August 1st and will take that number with a grain of salt because I know I'm adding muscle. Also my bp (I check it at home) has been low (yay!) so I'm hoping to get off of my medication soon. This makes me extremely happy as this was my main goal with changing how and what I eat.

Last night we went out and I had a thin crust pizza! Today back on track with breakfast...but work lunch/going away party....tri tip and chicken? Will choose carefully. No workout yesterday. Still not doing Whole30 (except for 1 day). Felt gassy after pizza...and tired.

@ Kelly.. Don't beat yourself up for going off track, that could be part of the problem, it then becomes such a vicious cycle. Just remember why we started on Whole 30 in the first place. Our goal is to feel better not only about ourselves but the choices we make in regards to food. For myself, I know how much better I feel eating compliant and how bad my body felt the couple times I went off road. The upside for me has been the weight loss, clothes fitting better, less arthritic pain and most importantly I feel better about myself. 

We can all do this and have the outcomes we initially sought after. 

What I need to work on is getting my 20-30 minutes of exercise in everyday. I get home from work and don't want to do anything. I will have to schedule exercise into my day, and think of it as an appointment I can't miss. 

~pam

Pam: Thanks so much...you are right....it's not just the relationship with food but also how we view ourselves and/or beat ourselves up.....I DO love the way I feel/felt duirng my Whole30....allergies disappeared, energy even, lost 9 lbs and 12 inches, skin, hair, nails better. Good frame of mind...great sleep.

I think this weekend I'll type something up and put it everywhere as a reminder/......at home at work, in car...etc

Eats for day 18:

**carnitas, two apricots, half an avocado, coffee

**a little salami with mustard, dry roasted hazelnuts and blueberries, Pelegrino

**kettlecorn, teriyaki chicken skewer, fudge (chocolate and maple), Coke Zero

**coffee

Moves for day 18:

**just the regular chores...

What!? Yeah we went to the rodeo today.... And yes, I had planned all morning for my major off roading adventure! I feel the most guilty about the Coke.... something I used to have on a regular basis, and most difficult to give up.... It was delicious. I don't want to have another one in the near future. The fudge was also totally worth it. Actually it all was, the rodeo only comes once a year. I won't have similar fare again until the county fair in September.

Did 1 hour of strength training yesterday. At one point, I walked by my personal trainer at the gym. She stopped me and told me how great and toned up I'm looking: said she could definitely see a difference.  :) 

Ate 100% compliant.

@Kelly: you did this fabulous write-up/summary at the end of your Whole30 (I believe it was in response to questions posed in day 31 of the Whole30 emails?). Maybe that's one possibility for posting on your fridge or other prominent place to keep you motivated?

Chris. Thanks you're right. Actually I've been thinking about it, To summarize, whole 30 clean inconsistent 100% compliant... Great results 9 pounds 12 inches hair skin nails no allergies great sleep even energy. .............

Two and a half weeks of re-introduction AND some clear off roading... With only a compliant day here and there nothing consistent...result today? Gained back four or 5 pounds and probably inches,... Seasonal allergies returned yesterday,.... Stress level higher, cravings for sugar and vending machine back..... Stomachache last night, gassy... Nausea...felt sick to my stomach!,.......

NOT WORTH IT!!!..........

Today I got up early and chopped vegetables and got things prepared so it will be easier to make my complaint meals and not deviate. Remembering initial goals the whole 30 and remembering awesome results July 1. Getting ready for a compliant breakfast of miscellaneous vegetables from CSA eggs salt pepper and Ghee Plus coffee with coconut milk. Going into work for about five hours from 9 to 2 so packed a wonderful salad with avocado and shredded chicken from my crockpot chicken earlier this week.....

Errands after work then definitely work out today or tonight and a compliant dinner weather at home or out.

Kelly

Just checking in to say at work...about to eat compliant salad......after I get back to a week of Whole 30 clean compliance...I may do a small reintro, but I think I'm mostly done with that....I think I've learned I'm ok with greek yogurt.....cheese equals gasiness...half and half don't care about. Gluten don't feel good...so will try to avoid....non gluten and legumes...don't really care to add back....maybe only occasionally. I think this experience and experiementation and off-roading has taught me that I really want and need to eat Whole30 all the time....with occasional choices less healthy here and there...but the exception...rather than the rule. I also still need to exercise....my Exercise 30 went down the tubes...but today is a new day. I have another 1 1/2 hours here at work, then errands...then will workout tonight...scheduled a massage (for mind and body...treat...non-food) for 8 p.m. so .....

Kelly

Started lunch at 12 while at work but busy and not super hungry so picked at it and brought it home. Finished it at 4 pm. Now not super hungry for dinner. Salad w chkn plus kombucha.....also had a nectarine from CSA delivery. No workout yet

Eats for day 19:

**tuna with mayo, blueberries, coffee

**dry roasted hazelnuts, apricot, Cabernet grape Kombucha

**baked chicken tenders, sweet potato fries

Moves for day 19:

**morning Sun Salutations

**several mini hikes with the puppy

We have named the puppy Henry. He is a poodle terrier mix, just so adorable. He has been great at getting me outside regularly. I worked hard all day on a couple sewing projects and got them both done. Found myself focused and energetic despite (or maybe because of?) less food. Drank a lot of Pelligrino and green tea... had one with lemongrass that was especially nice. It's super hot here and tomorrow is the first day of a big two day show, wish me luck!

No exercise yesterday - we hit a record 99 degrees!  (Day 6 of a 7 day heat wave.)  One more day of 90+ heat today and tomorrow it dips into the low 80s - yahoo!

Ate 100% compliant, even out to dinner where I had a nice pan seared cod with a double order of green beans.

More and more, I'm realizing how much the W30 meal template is genius.  I could follow this the rest of my life: it's made prepping and eating so easy - protein, veg, and fat.

Did 50 minutes of cardio yesterday.

Ate 99% compliant. Went to an event midday, after lunch, where they had sample 'fudgsicles' made from Taza Chocolate.  They had no soy or dairy, and the sample was ~ 1 oz. in size. It was quite yummy!  However, that small bit of sugar made me famished and caused me to graze between lunch and dinner.  I did stay compliant, but I had 3 snacks between lunch and dinner: a mango, a handful of cashews and a large avocado with SeaSnax.

Off plan yesterday. Husband had been talking about trying McDonald's chicken wrap so I got us each one plus I had small fries...first time in years. Today a whole 30 breakfast but bought TJ mango

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Kelly: where are you at now re: eating clean vs. off-roading?  Are you testing the waters on both sides? Let us know if there's a way we can support you in the direction you want to take from here.

Eats for Day 20:

**leftover chicken and sweet potatoes, coffee

**cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrots, peppers

**couple handfuls of potato chips

**beef skewers (tenderloin, onion, pepper, garlic), green salad (mixed greens, peppers, radishes, cucumbers, sesame vinagraite), small piece of banana bread

**toasted marshmallows, a Hershey bar

Can't camp without s'mores, though when I tried a graham cracker I was disgusted.... hard to believe I used to eat those things by the sleeve!

Eats for Day 21:

**blueberries, a banana, coffee

**cucumber, carrots, cherry tomatoes, peppers

**shredded beef tenderloin, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles

A long, hot, dusty weekend camping with a wonky eating situation, but overall I feel OK about it. Drank a LOT of water over the course of two days. Moves for both days was intense riding, 13 events out of which I came in third place. This was a dry run for the State Finals which will take place starting next week and go for ten days... camping, riding, and hopefully staying mostly on track with the occasional summertime eating adventure (pretty sure there will be a root beer float in my future).

Planned for tomorrow - breakfast....eggs, ghee, salt, ppr, Onions, zucchini, mushrooms, chives, coffee w coconut milk.....Lunch.... Lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado, shrimp, EVOO, balsamic vinegar, kombucha. Dinner ...burger, yam, artichoke, Paleo mayo. Gym???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Good morning all, I celebrated my birthday Saturday and the only non-compliant item was an aqua fresca that was made with infused tequila. It was good, but not as good as I remembered. The way I am feeling since doing Whole 30 is better than anything I could possibly eat/taste. That taste only lasts for a few minutes while the way I feel is an all day good feeling.

I still need to work on getting my 30 minutes of exercise in every day!!

Did strength training routine yesterday (~45 minutes).

Ate 90% compliant. Intentionally off-roaded with two items while dining out to dinner with family. Had 1 glass of red wine and ginger lime sorbet for dessert (the latter was especially most delicious). Everything else yesterday was compliant.

EDIT: Happy Birthday, Pam!

Good morning all. Reporitng in that I did have my planned Whole30 breakfast this a.m.....eggs, salt, pepper, ghee, chives, onions, zucchini, mushroom, coffee with coconut milk....I made my salad last night so when I go home for lunch it will be ready....lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, shrimp, EVOO, balsamic vinegar and kombucha. I can do this again..successfully, if I return to the things that helped me be successful...planning, preparing ahead of time, posting ofthen. For dinner, I prepared the artichokes...will cook and have with Paleo mayo, yams (that I cooked last night) and burger....NO pistachios and NO dired mango today...and limiting myself to ONE kombucha per day. Tried the one with chia seeds...did NOT like it...ick....slimy seeds....I prefer chia seeds in yogurt or on salad....My fav kombucha drinks are the gingerade and the mystic mango....cranberry and strawberry are OK....but won't try the super alcoholic ones...only the ones with a "trace" of alcohol due to the fermenting?

Will check in again after I have my compliant lunch. Already feeling better/stronger re returning to Whole30 eating one meal at a time (:

Kelly

on target thus far today. ate my planned lunch...am drinking coffee w coconut milk right now...dinner is planned and I will not stray from tonight's plan. Not sure I will work out, but I WILL eat my planned dinner...burger, artichoke, paleo mayo and a yam...and water.

Archived