Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION

Mrsfrosty

Kelly, the sugar monster is really really tough. It sounds like he comes for you at the same time(s) each day? There are some times (like today for instance) when I just decide to be okay with having a treat. There are other times (when doing a formal Whole 30) when I decide I will NOT be a slave. In those instances, I try the following:

**get up and go for a walk / do some yoga stretches

**take five minutes to review my goals and / or meditate and pray about them

**drink a large glass of water

**think all the way through the undesired choice. Picture yourself indulging, and then recall all the feelings that come up as a result: the guilt, unhappiness, and the way it makes your body feel

Perhaps you decide that for the month of July, you are on a modified plan... certainly overall you are eating more healthfully than you were a couple of months ago. August 1 begins a new Whole 30 sponsored by the Whole 9 folks. I am planning on jumping aboard, how about you? Meanwhile I want you to know that your honesty and full disclosure is really an inspiration to me. It really helps me to do the same with my daily posts (boring as they may be) and most of the time just knowing that I am going to tap out everything that goes into my mouth for all of you to see is enough to keep me (mostly) on track.

(((HUGS))), Kat

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just derailed again...had 2 snack packs of almonds...and then went to vending machine for a milky way! I cannot seem to get back in control of the sugar monster!

---------------------------

Kelly, I think you should join the August official Whole30 and do it again....  maybe yours didn't work so well (Because of the dried mango excess) So now is difficult to stay away from sugar.... You already know the rules, already know what to cook.. it will be easier this time, and hopefully it will help you kill that dragon!!!!

About me...

I've reintroduced alcohol, and it went really good! I wasn't expecting that!  Friday some white wine, Saturday one Margarita. 

For the rest I've stayed compliant, and gave another chance to the Kombucha.... you guys were right.. it is so good! I love it know :)

So far worked out every day (only skipped 2 days).  Can't wait for the 30th to see results.... 

But I can already say I feel so good, lots of energy, my skin has improved a lot and I enjoy so much cooking every night... I can't believe it! so excited about trying new recipes.. not so much about cleaning up.. but well...

Ana

Good morning all, I celebrated my birthday Saturday and the only non-compliant item was an aqua fresca that was made with infused tequila. It was good, but not as good as I remembered. The way I am feeling since doing Whole 30 is better than anything I could possibly eat/taste. That taste only lasts for a few minutes while the way I feel is an all day good feeling.

I still need to work on getting my 30 minutes of exercise in every day!!

-------------------

Happy belated birthday :)

Eats for Day 22:

**steamed shrimp with salad made of cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, avocado and balsamic dressing

**dry roasted hazelnuts

**same salad with a can of tuna dumped in, coconut cream Larabar

**chocolate chips

**frozen banana, coconut milk and cacao powder "ice cream"

**couple pieces homemade banana bread

**ground beef fried with Mexican spices, pico de gallo and greens

**coconut flakes

Moves for Day 22:

**morning Sun Salutations

**regular chores

The banana bread (gluten) completely wiped me out and I had to take a two hour nap! Felt very snacky and wanted yummy stuff today. Also hot flashing all day so probably ready to start my cycle... I am currently on an 18 day cycle and it really sucks! The faux ice cream was delicious, I just used one banana so it wasn't too much. It really was the bread that took me over the top, I think it's the first gluten I've had since May?

Did 60 minutes of cardio yesterday.

Made a couple of new things: a paleo-ified zucchini banana bread (with almond meal and agave nectar) and a paleo breakfast casserole (with a rutabaga - first time I ever cooked with or ate a rutabaga in my life). Both came out well, although next time I would do a better job of squeezing the excess water out of the shredded zucchini for the bread.

Besides the zucchini banana bread, all else was compliant yesterday.

Hi everyone! Thanks again for supporting me during my struggles this month!

I have decided that I am doing another Whole30...as mentioned...I know what to do, what to cook/eat and succeeded the first time June 1-30....BUT I have learned that this next Whole30 I need to stay away from the Trader Joe's dried mango, the pistachios and limit myself to ONE kombucha per day. I know that fruit is not a part of the template, but it says OK to have 1-2 servings at most if trying to lose weight...and better to have smaller portions of fruit or fruit as part of something else vs a big huge serving of fruit...last time I had sweet potatoes/yams, but not too often...and I think I will do that again this time, and limited fruit (but no dried fruit). Last time I started out with the 3 meals...then slipped into snacks. This time, will try to stick with the 3 meals only. I also learned that planning and prepping are key. These last 2 weeks I wandered/strayed way too much, too often...from reintro to plain out off roading. My allergies are returing, as are the cravings for candy bars at the vending machines and junk/fried foods...so I am back....today is Day 1. I think I NEED the structure of counting the days...rereading the book and also the daily newsletters (Whole30 Daily).

So, with that being said, I am starting TODAY as Day 1, versus waiting for August 1st. I guess I should stop posting here, the reintro thread, and start another thread for my 2nd Whole30 in the Whole 30 section....

Thanks all for your support. I'll continue to check in here...as well as the new thread I create, since this one is not appropriate for me at this time. Success and health to you. Love ya!

Kelly

PS - today's breakfast:

Protein - 2 HB eggs

Veg - cucumbers, cherry tomatoes

Fat - avocado

Other - strawberry kombucha, a few sliced straweberries.

I think I will log my food in this way....showing my template and any deviations....

So, with that being said, I am starting TODAY as Day 1, versus waiting for August 1st. I guess I should stop posting here, the reintro thread, and start another thread for my 2nd Whole30 in the Whole 30 section....

Go Kelly!! Sounds like you've laid out a sound plan for succeeding on round 2!  Will be cheering you on!

Eats for Day 23:

**three eggs scrambed with homegrown tomato and red pepper, coffee

**apple pie Larabar

**tri tip sandwich: tri tip, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, bbq sauce on dutch crunch bread, diet Coke

**ice cream sandwich

**sandies

Moves for Day 23:

**regular chores

Bread and soda and ice cream and cookies, oh my! Sat in on new principal interviews at school today and indulged in the yummy food they provided. Looking forward to August 1st.... though since I'll be home the next few days getting ready to go camping I will have less temptations presented.

No exercise yesterday.

Made the PaleOMG savory sweet potato meatloaf for dinner. http://paleomg.com/paleo-savory-sweet-potato-meatloaf/ Delicious flavors! I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins. While I did use uncured bacon, the brand I used has sugar, and the cranberries had sugar, so there is a bit of sugar in my loaves (recipe makes 2: 1 loaf is now in the fridge and the other is in the freezer). However I'm in a post-W30 world and that's a conscious decision I made. I was able to get all my ingredients (including grass fed beef) at my regular grocery store. Searching for sugar-free uncured bacon would have taken me to another store and I didn't have time for that extra errand yesterday.

Major bloat yesterday - think it's due to the large amount of steamed broccoli I had with my lunch.

Kelly, the sugar monster is really really tough. It sounds like he comes for you at the same time(s) each day? There are some times (like today for instance) when I just decide to be okay with having a treat. There are other times (when doing a formal Whole 30) when I decide I will NOT be a slave. In those instances, I try the following:

**get up and go for a walk / do some yoga stretches

**take five minutes to review my goals and / or meditate and pray about them

**drink a large glass of water

**think all the way through the undesired choice. Picture yourself indulging, and then recall all the feelings that come up as a result: the guilt, unhappiness, and the way it makes your body feel

Perhaps you decide that for the month of July, you are on a modified plan... certainly overall you are eating more healthfully than you were a couple of months ago. August 1 begins a new Whole 30 sponsored by the Whole 9 folks. I am planning on jumping aboard, how about you? Meanwhile I want you to know that your honesty and full disclosure is really an inspiration to me. It really helps me to do the same with my daily posts (boring as they may be) and most of the time just knowing that I am going to tap out everything that goes into my mouth for all of you to see is enough to keep me (mostly) on track.

(((HUGS))), Kat

WHere is the info about the Aug 1 start of Whole 30 sponsored by the Whole 9 people?

Thanks,

Pam

WHere is the info about the Aug 1 start of Whole 30 sponsored by the Whole 9 people?

Thanks,

Pam

Don't know...but when you find out, please let me know too! I started as of yesterday...so will be 9 days in July (23-31) and if I add 31 days for August, will be a Whole40...LOL. Yesterday I was SO proud of myself for stayign with 3 meals....and being stressed from my dog having an emergency...I had to rush him to vet 20 minutes away when hubby called me at work and told me our dog's eyes were spasming and his head was shaking....when I had to leave our baby at the vet and come home and have lunch...I almost caved and had dried mango for lunch or the thought of "whatever!"....but instead I todl myself I need to be in my best health...to take care of myself so I can take care of my hubby and my dog...so I had a complaint lunch...and returned to work. AFTER we got good news that Gus was OK and I could pick him up....i did so after dinner (compliant dinner) but when I got home, I had dried mango, followed by a fresh plum.  I am going to finish the mango tonight...only a little left. Other than the fruit and a few kombuchas.....I'm fully compliant and follwing the protein, veg, fat template.

Don't know...but when you find out, please let me know too! I started as of yesterday...so will be 9 days in July (23-31) and if I add 31 days for August, will be a Whole40...LOL. Yesterday I was SO proud of myself for stayign with 3 meals....and being stressed from my dog having an emergency...I had to rush him to vet 20 minutes away when hubby called me at work and told me our dog's eyes were spasming and his head was shaking....when I had to leave our baby at the vet and come home and have lunch...I almost caved and had dried mango for lunch or the thought of "whatever!"....but instead I todl myself I need to be in my best health...to take care of myself so I can take care of my hubby and my dog...so I had a complaint lunch...and returned to work. AFTER we got good news that Gus was OK and I could pick him up....i did so after dinner (compliant dinner) but when I got home, I had dried mango, followed by a fresh plum.  I am going to finish the mango tonight...only a little left. Other than the fruit and a few kombuchas.....I'm fully compliant and follwing the protein, veg, fat template.

Kelly, when I find out anything I will keep you posted. We can do this!!

Kelly, when I find out anything I will keep you posted. We can do this!!

The end of this article from the July 22nd 9 blog refers to the Whole30 being launched on August 1. Maybe there will be a blog article on or just before August 1st to formally launch? http://whole9life.com/2013/07/self-efficacy/

Eats for Day 24:

**ground beef and greens fried with tomato and red pepper, coffee

**dry roasted hazelnuts

**mineral water

**smoothie: banana, strawberry, coconut milk

**unsalted cashews

**baked chicken tenders, steamed broccoli, Kombucha, pecan pie Larabar

Moves for Day 24:

**morning sun salutations

** two hour lesson

For my next Whole 30 I may eliminate nuts. Curious to see if it helps the inflammation in my arm. Cannot give up tomatos though since I have ten big plants! Anything else I should eliminate? Eggs are already kind of off the menu because they consistently hurt my stomach. I know I eat a lots of peppers but I love them...Overall a good day with lots of steady energy. That Larabar was the last one and I won't buy more. I dont like them all that much except the ones with chocolate in them anyway, they are just SWYPO dessert for me.

I have seen the next official Whole 30 mentioned on the Whole 9 blog a couple times. I would keep my eye out there for more details.

Yesterday had compliant breakfast lunch and dinner listed in my other thread, except snacked after dinner all compliant items except at the very end....had about 10 TJ multigrain pita chips....so as was suggested to me earlier, I guess this makes July 23-31 a modified whole 9 and then I will join Pam with the August 1 whole 30....hopefully we will see more info on where the thread will be...kelly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

day 25!!!!  I want it to be over! working out every single day is too much for me :blink:   In August I Think Ill semi join the official W30 and will work out every 2 days.... 

My problem is.... I keep finding this huge Lara Bars sales.... Yesterday at Target for less than a dollar!!!  I have around 60 Lara bars in my pantry... then.. since I have so many I "can" eat 2 or 3 per day.... that's not good... I know...

Well 5 more days to take that pic and hopefully see amazing results!!!

Good night!!! 

day 25!!!!  I want it to be over! working out every single day is too much for me :blink:   In August I Think Ill semi join the official W30 and will work out every 2 days.... 

That's AMAZING that you've worked out for 25 consecutive days - congrats!

Did 30-45 minutes of strength training yesterday. Saw a friend at the gym and she said she can definitely see the difference in how I look, even in the thinning of my face.

Had on a pair of black jeans later in the day (it was 58 degrees here and rainy/chilly), and another friend said I looked amazing in them. I haven't worn them since the spring, and they're definitely much more loose.

Ate compliant yesterday. Heading to a Thai restaurant tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday. My goal is to at least be gluten-free (a must), and we'll see how clean I can eat otherwise. There might be one glass of alcohol tonight - we'll see.

Archived