Zoodling!

Jinkse21

I finally got around to using my new zoodler (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and I LOVE it!!!  I wanted to put more in it to keep on zoodling!  I had a huge zucchini that I had to cut in half in order to zoodle it.  I cut the long pieces in to noodle-length size and put them aside to make something this evening.  The rest of the pieces, I sauteed in EVOO and garlic.

I think I'll make Well Fed's Pad Thai tonight...if I have all the ingredients on hand.

If you're going to be in the kitchen for a couple of hours a week, why not make it fun???  :D

I just had that for dinner last night, it was fantastic! I also think I hit on another secret for the zoodles. I follow the Well Fed recipe of putting salt on them in a colander for 30 minutes, but then I wrap them in paper towels, stick in a baggie, then in the fridge overnight. In the morning I change out the now wet paper towels with new ones and put back in the fridge for up to another day. Then they REALLY have a nice noodle-y texture! 

I just had that for dinner last night, it was fantastic! I also think I hit on another secret for the zoodles. I follow the Well Fed recipe of putting salt on them in a colander for 30 minutes, but then I wrap them in paper towels, stick in a baggie, then in the fridge overnight. In the morning I change out the now wet paper towels with new ones and put back in the fridge for up to another day. Then they REALLY have a nice noodle-y texture! 

What a great idea!  I was wondering how I could get rid of that mushy texture by getting out as much liquid as possible.  Thanks!

Archived