Wow, June Flew By! Reintroduction and New Goals for July

I cannot believe I made it, it feels like I just started.  I am excited to be in the reintroduction stage however.  I have been so curious as to how my body will react to the eliminated foods.  There are some I could leave behind forever, like soy and glutenous grains.  I really miss dairy and legumes and Bacon!  I know there is compliant bacon out there but, it was o hard to get ahold of that I decided to make eliminating it part of my W30, give it more weight and value as a food, not something that I could just easily pick up any old brand.  I usually bought good quality bacon in the past but taking a month off has really reminded me that the best quality I can find is what I should go for, making it more special and not something I eat every day.  I absolutely miss corn, white potatoes, and rice.  I don't have to have them everyday, I don't even have to have them every week, I just want the ability to enjoy them every once in awhile. 

I am thrilled with my achievements of this past month.  I am sleeping through the night, I have more energy throughout the day, I am clearer and more grounded in my daily life and in my intentions towards my life.  I am ready for the next phase and ready to take this further.  I want to commit to myself to continue to care for my body, continue to choose to be the person I want to be. 

Today I am reintroducing dairy.  This morning I have some grated cheese in my eggs and raw milk in my tea.  I barely even noticed the cheese and would have been just as happy with the hemp milk and coconut cream I have gotten used to in my tea.  For lunch I had turkey and havarti roll ups with tomatoes and mayo, and an avocado and tomato salad, and 2 baby cukes.  This would have been a pretty typical lunch prior to W30.  I know I should have eaten more veggies with lunch but was rushing through a few things and really just wanted to get the nourishment in me.  I am feeling a bit gurgly, but have been all day from the time I woke up.  Making Bolognese sauce over spaghetti squash for dinner, I kind of want a different type of dairy than cheese but have not figured it out yet.  I am really hoping the gurgly tummy is something else but I'm kinda not thinking so, oh well.  We'll see what happens over the next couple of days with a return to strict W30 eating.

Total and complete reintroduction FAIL.  I made the stupid choice to have a couple glasses of wine last night.  I am so friggin' mad at myself I could spit.  I am achy this morning and tummy is very upset and I have no idea if it has to do with the dairy I had yesterday or the wine.  I can say, I don't think I will be reintroducing booze again for awhile, leave it for very special occasions.  My body is so mad at me!  I feel like holy hell, low energy, un-interested in food, and dehydrated as all get out.  Simply from 2 glasses of wine!  Absolutely not worth it.  

But, I cannot change the past and have to move forward.  We'll call this a learning experience.  I wonder if I should wait a few days and on the day that I was going to reintro gluten, just start over and do dairy.  That makes sound sense, but kind of throws off my timeline a bit.  I'll have to think on it, I've got till Thursday with clean eating to decide. 

But, I cannot change the past and have to move forward.  We'll call this a learning experience.  I wonder if I should wait a few days and on the day that I was going to reintro gluten, just start over and do dairy.  That makes sound sense, but kind of throws off my timeline a bit.  I'll have to think on it, I've got till Thursday with clean eating to decide. 

~~~~~~~~~

Or, you could clean eat until Thursday, reintro gluten then and follow the reintro schedule, with reintro-ing (?) dairy last.

And yes, a learning experience is the way to look at it: clean slate today!  :) 

Doh on the wine! I would definitely give your dairy introduction another shot once you have a couple of template days. Or if you want to still follow what you planned do it again at the end. The only gurgliness I saw with dairy when I reintroed was what I had in a Starbucks latte and it was pretty immediate. If you were gurgly when you woke up I'm not sure I would blame the dairy you ate for that. 

Not sure about a reaction to gluten.  I had bread at breakfast which felt like a brick in my tummy then later in the day I had a homemade farro and wheatberry salad.  I haven't had any tummy troubles but am quite congested today.  Weird.

Bethany -I am glad to hear that I may not be intolerant to dairy as I really miss it!  I cannot wait for reintro to be over so I can have it cheese!

The way I was balancing cheese between my original 30 day challenge and my W30 was by limiting myself (mostly) to expensive, high quality raw cheese which keeps me from eating too much. I was starting to get too loose with it when I ate out though. After my W30 I need to remember that life is too short to eat bad quality cheese (just like chocolate). 

You mean I'm NOT supposed to eat my feelings?  Cause sometimes they taste really really good!

LOL! That is true!

That isn't what I meant though. I've not had a ton of physical reactions to off plan food between my 2 30 day challenges but at least once my mood switch was like night and day. I ate pad thai noodles and swimming rhama from a food truck and it was like someone turned the super bitch back on. 

Archived