My first Whole30 7/5/2012-8/3/2012

Meg Hamilton

Day 26 is here! I had an eyeball migraine last night after dinner, now having another one this morning at work. I don't know why this is happening all the sudden, I'm going to eat some avocado & maybe that will help. :(

Today's food:

B: veggies, 1 egg & 1 meatball cooked in 1 T coconut oil

S: half avocado

L: leftover zucchini spaghetti & 2 meatballs

D: stir fry with beef & cauliflower-rice cooked in coconut oil

Day 27 is here!! I am so excited that I'm almost finished! But really thinking that I'm not going to stray too much from the principles. Maybe have a few drinks on the weekend. Maybe a scoop of coconut milk ice cream every now & then. It's just too easy to continue to cook & eat this way to ruin it for some crappy food! Anyways, I'm working late tonight, so I brought some extra food b/c I know I'm going to get hungry.

B: chicken, veggies (onion, spinach, red pepper, zucchini & yellow squash) & 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil.

L: leftover beef Stirfry with cauliflower-rice

S: carrots & celery with ISWF ranch

D: grilled chicken quarters & asparagus--might make some kind of lemon sauce out of mayonnaise to go with this

Hey Meggie Meg!!! You should post the pictures of all your foods here and WOW everyone! I've got your instagram photo album saved front and center on my phone to look at them easily. :D Thanks again for your help in getting me going to start my own Whole30 tomorrow. :)

I made the mayo tonight and am thrilled with how it looks. I didn't try it, but it LOOKS perfect. I added that cup of oil ridiculously painfully slowly.

HEY LISA!!!! :D Welcome aboard!!! I'm going to go read your log in just a sec after I post my food. I haven't figured out how to link the images from my phone instagram into the computer yet! I guess I could transfer them to the laptop & then upload them? I don't know.

I did an okay WOD last night. I twinged my hip-flexor (of the same leg that I hurt my hamstring last week!) I tripped in the kitchen over my flip-flop and it was so painful yesterday! I was gimping around the office it hurt so much! But I got substitutions that I could do and am happy that I DID IT!!

And I'm feeling kind of uninspired in the kitchen lately. I haven't tried any new recipes and didn't get a chance to go to Whole Foods to get grass-fed meat over the weekend. BUT I found a new store here in town, it's called New Bridge Organic Market, I was browsing through their site & they have local organic meats!! I called the store & the lady said that the animals were mostly grass-fed, but finished with grain. I am not sure that makes sense, she could've been confused. But I have time this afternoon to go over there & check the stock out. :) And I may change the dinner menu depending on what I find over there.

B: eggs, roast beef, veggies (onion, green & yellow pepper, zucchini) cooked in 1T coconut oil

L: leftover chicken & asparagus with the lemon-mayo sauce

D: tilapia tacos with cumin-lime dressing

10h9isl.jpg

HEY LISA!!!! :D Welcome aboard!!! I'm going to go read your log in just a sec after I post my food. I haven't figured out how to link the images from my phone instagram into the computer yet! I guess I could transfer them to the laptop & then upload them? I don't know.

Set up an account here & the instagram photos you take on your phone will appear there, then when you're on your laptop just right-click and copy the img code over in to your post.

http://web.stagram.com/

I think grass fed but grain finished is pretty common, I'm sure I've seen it mentioned before.

Derval I can't get it to work! I have tried c/p the html code from webstagram & putting it in the image thing here & it's just showing a box with a red X in it!!! I will try tinypic.com

14lujwy.jpg

B: eggs, chicken & veggies

L: leftover tilapia tacos

S: carrots & zucchini with veggie dip

D: grilled chicken & green beans with lemon mustard sauce

Day 30! Today is my last day! I'm not going to quit though, I am planning on weighing and measuring on Sunday morning (to coincide with another "no-weigh" challenge I'm doing with FB friends) But I can tell you that this is so much easier than I expected! I feel awesome all the time, am more focused at work and really enjoy being healthy! It's been easy to turn down sweets at work and I've gotten a few coworkers very interested in the program. I was planning on having a treat on Sunday, either some coconut milk ice cream or red velvet cheesecake that my husband has had his eye on. But now I don't *want* anything!!! I don't think it's right for me to eat a treat just because I completed the 30 days. If I'm not having a craving for it, then why eat it? I've decided to go on for another 30 days until September 2nd!

We don't have any big plans this weekend, I need to figure out what I'm cooking and should probably make a grocery list. I should probably make a new pot of chili, since we used up my stash in the freezer.

B: 2 eggs, chicken, veggies (onion, kale, zucchini, parsley)

L: salad with chicken, tomato, zucchini, olives, carrots & ranch

D: steaks & unknown veggies...brussel sprouts?

Archived