Fluffies United (no, we're not a futbol team) in a Clean July! Have you finished a W30? Still have some healing goals either inner or outer? Want some support as you find what works best for you? Perfect!

A few of us were talking about a clean July. Eating according to template, perhaps a bit of off road eating, but being accountable. One of the things that we have in common is that we would like to find a bit more outer physical recovery, Fluffies!

I love the template and on day 65 haven't found a food that I want to off road with. My inner recovery is great. Sleep is great, off my blood pressure meds, intense exercise 4-5 days a week, hiking or walking the other days. Those are wonderful improvements! I love Whole Whatever! But, I'm still a bit fluffy and would love to work on that.

I know that during days 30-60 I ate some nuts and more fruit. Some days the fruit pushed veggies off my plate. I don't want those days in July. I want clean template eats.

So welcome here, whatever your own personal goals. Come share stories, laugh, cry, whatever. Let's make July a month of accomplishments, whatever they might be.

My accomplishments that I want:

1. Continue sleeping well. Get to bed earlier enough every night.

2. Eat clean for a total of 90 days, I'm on 65 now. Find my personal best foods.

3. Tone my body through exercise

4. Improve balance

5. Drop a few pounds in the process, less Fluff!

What are your goals?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting us off, Calee!

For me, cleaning things up is more about when/how I eat than about what I eat.  I want to be able to off-road thoughtfully without worrying that I will spiral out of control.  I am trying to eat clean and reserve off roading for rare, worth-it, exceptions.  I hope that by doing this, I can drop a few lbs and less Fluff!

My Clean July is:

Follow the template!  3 meals, no snacks

Specifically:

No picking at food pre-breakfast - that means no swiping sunbutter while making son's lunch. if I want sunbutter, I can add a dollup to my breakfast plate.

Mini meal ok if actually hungry - mini meal is not fruit and/or nutbutter! mini meal is protein/fat/veg

No desserts (including fruit after dinner - fruit is ok with a meal) except my son's birthday/party and the 4th of July if I decide it's worth it

Only planned, thought out off-roading - example, I may have a drink on the 4th. I will not, however, graze all day or dive into the chips or desserts.

Basically, I can have anything I want. It just has to be part of my meals

Here's to a Fluff Free July!

Yay, we're off!  Here are the parameters for my Clean July:

* 3 meals a day, no snacks.

* Unless pre-planned (ie specific meal planned with hubby, dinner with friends), food to be to template and compliant.

* Meals with non-compliant ingredients still need to look like the template (protein, veggies, fat in appropriate proportions)

* 1 paleo dessert allowed per week.

* Maximum of 1 piece of fruit a day.

* No nuts.

* No grains.

* Same as Jen: I can have pretty much whatever I want (except nuts and wheat) but it has to be planned into a meal.

Continuing to focus on food.  Once my research proposal has been submitted (16th July), I will add exercise five days a week (ie Zumba, home strength training or an hour long walk).

What I want to get out of it?

* Well duh.  Lose some fluff!  Seeing as I gained on my Whole 30, I would love to drop back to my starting weight.  Anymore than that would be a very welcome bonus :)

Have taken start weight, plus measurements, so hopefully we'll see something concrete at the end.  Though looser jeans would make me even happier :)  What would make me happiest would be fitting back into my favourite Zumba outfit.  If I get back into the pants sans muffin top, you can bet your lovely butts I will be posting a pic here as my victory dance  ;)

Good luck to everyone for their Clean July, and Jen I will totally drink to a Fluff Free one.  *clinks booch bottle*

Can I join your Clean July group?  My goals for July are quite simple:

1.  If I didn't cook it, I can't eat it.  That doesn't mean I'll be going crazy and cooking whatever I feel like every day.  I will work to create delicious compliant food for 3 meals a day.  It does mean that we are NOT going to eat out.  (except for lunch after we run a half marathon in Portland, ME on the 14th...totally worth the splurge!)

2.  An occasional drink is fine.  Just because it is summer vacation for me, does NOT mean it is ok to have a cocktail (or two) every night!

3.  CrossFit 3x a week, running 3x a week (if my knee is willing...) 

4.  Starting an official whole30 on July 17th with my CrossFit box.  This will be interesting, because I will have to travel for two conferences in August. 

Good luck keeping "clean"-whatever that may be to you!

Colleen

Oh I like this! I have got back on the wagon and am going to make it another 30 days til my birthday, 7/30.

1 - continue eating to plan, 3 meals a day, with WO pre/post meals if needed.

2 - increase my running mileage.  I can run for 1 mile now, goal is to run 4 at the end of this month without stopping.

3 - stick to my workout schedule that I have written in my notebook calendar (running some days, taking classes at the gym, working out at home).

I put my 2 weeks in at my job yesterday so I will be a SAHM soon.  last goal is to enjoy the summer with my kids!

I usually want to do it all and I get impatient and take on more than I should.  I also know that I have a very stressful Fall coming up and some stress now trying to prepare (or stressing over my lack of preparation).  With those things in mind - as much as I want to add back in exercise and an exercise routine, I think I don't want to make that my priority.  I think my priority first needs to be...

Physical renewal (plenty of sleep, following the template)

Mental renewal (mediation, reading good junk books, giving myself some slack for not exercising/working/cleaning,etc,)

Mental rejuvenation (art projects with kids, going out with my honey, listening to music, getting outside)

The musts (my home - making it look like a place and space I like to be, my work -preparing)

The hoped fors (writing, super planning for my Fall classes)

And hopefully within there, I'll want to stretch and do sit ups and exercise and go on hikes and go to the gym in the morning, but for me - no guilt!  It will happen in time, and first, I just need to be easy on myself.

I'll join you all! I finish my Whole30 on July 9th and my brother is visiting the evening of the 9th-morning of the 12th and I want to do careful introductions so I could use the accountability.

This is my plan for July regarding food:

• Whole 30 July 1st-9th (Days 22-30)
  • Minor Offroading July 10th & 11th (will not be super vigilant in restaurants (cooking oils et all) and will enjoy some garlic fries and a best choice meat at the baseball game)
  • Whole 30 12th-14th to reset a little for intros
  • Dairy Intro 15th (raw cheese & butter)
  • Whole 30 16th-17th
  • Corn Intro 18th (homemade corn tortillas/popcorn)
  • Whole 30 19th-20th
  • Rice Intro 21st (white rice/white rice pasta)
  • Whole 30 22nd-24th
  • Offroad Day 25th (going to another baseball game, other meals will be compliant)
  • Whole 30 26th-27th
  • Offroad Day 28th (will probably try another intro group but out at a restaurant as there is nothing else I feel I absolutely need frequently - I plan to start a restaurant log of what/where/how I felt for the places I frequent so I can make better decisions)
  • Whole 30 29th-31st
  • At end of July will make a forward plan. 

For exercise I think I'm doing alright. I'm running a 5k on the 14th and then I jump back into half marathon training until my race in September.

I am so in!  Although I learned a lot during June on my W30 I did not lose any of the fluff that I was hoping to.  I have GOT to drop this weight.  I am happy that my body is healing and I am getting on track but pounds need to disappear for the sake of my joints.

My Main goals despite some troubles with travel:

1. Workout consistently 6x/Wk.  3 days weight lifting and 3 days cardio

2. Clean, template eating unless planned off road (and even then, minimal)

3. NO BOOZE, it clearly makes me feel like crap and if I can go 1 month, I can go 2!

4. Reduce stress

5. Refocus on "me projects", making them a priority at least 1 day a week and not feel guilty about it!

6. Continue to choose to be the me I want to be

Can I join your Clean July group? 

Good luck keeping "clean"-whatever that may be to you!

Colleen

Of course you can join! Strength in numbers Colleen. Your goals look great.

Oh I like this! I have got back on the wagon and am going to make it another 30 days til my birthday, 7/30.

1 - continue eating to plan, 3 meals a day, with WO pre/post meals if needed.

2 - increase my running mileage.  I can run for 1 mile now, goal is to run 4 at the end of this month without stopping.

3 - stick to my workout schedule that I have written in my notebook calendar (running some days, taking classes at the gym, working out at home).

I put my 2 weeks in at my job yesterday so I will be a SAHM soon.  last goal is to enjoy the summer with my kids!

Jenna, how exciting that you're going to be a SAHM. You're going to have more time to be good to yourself. How long has it been since you've spent a summer at home? That's a hefty goal to increase running from 1 mile to 4 miles. I'll be cheering for you!

Be back tomorrow. 2 glasses of wine after 30+ days without packs quite a punch! Hic!

Haha! Derval, you're our resident funny girl. I wish I was there to laugh with you and your wine bottle! Congrats on another round of W30. Do you hold the record of most 30's?

I am so in!  Although I learned a lot during June on my W30 I did not lose any of the fluff that I was hoping to.  I have GOT to drop this weight.  I am happy that my body is healing and I am getting on track but pounds need to disappear for the sake of my joints.

My Main goals despite some troubles with travel:

1. Workout consistently 6x/Wk.  3 days weight lifting and 3 days cardio

2. Clean, template eating unless planned off road (and even then, minimal)

3. NO BOOZE, it clearly makes me feel like crap and if I can go 1 month, I can go 2!

4. Reduce stress

5. Refocus on "me projects", making them a priority at least 1 day a week and not feel guilty about it!

6. Continue to choose to be the me I want to be

Oh boy! I was hoping you might wander over here. I really enjoy reading your posts. I like your #6. I hear you about the fluff. I took off close to 5 pounds in May. I'd love a few more before summer vacation. I'm putting nuts on my off list unless its a few in a recipe. I need to put fruit in its rightful place size wise.

Beth, you reintro plan is awesome. You've mapped it all out. When I reintro in August before my trip, I'm going to take tips from you!

I decided I had to because I botched reintro from my original 30 day challenge. 

I decided I had to because I botched reintro from my original 30 day challenge.

I think that's why I'm on Day 65. It's not willpower at all, but some fear of reintro. Maybe unfounded, but I want as many days as I can string together. I have 3 days in San Diego for a conference the first week of august. Last December that same conference cost me a few pounds nd more Hershey kiss wrappers than I could count. I want to do it differently this time.

Haha! Derval, you're our resident funny girl. I wish I was there to laugh with you and your wine bottle! Congrats on another round of W30. Do you hold the record of most 30's?

Not feeling so funny this morning! I can't believe less than half & 40g 85% Lindt has had sucha  negative effect on me, I feel like crap today, so tired from not sleeping properly and queasy tummy :(

I've done 6 W30's since April 2012 - do I get a medal? I'm also 5 lbs heavier than I was when I started :angry:

So my goals for July are to

1) try to enjoy the summer break with the kids & not go crazy/run away

2) cook lots of new meals, use my new big slowcooker for some batch cooking.

3) keep up the exercise classes, 2 x kettlebells, 1x boxfit every week and get rid of those hip "nyomps" of mine ie the nyomp of fat that sticks out on my hips :wacko:

I love reading what Clean July means to everyone!  It's cool that we can all come together, but have our own goals.  So far so good, here.  I got a little hungry last night and really wanted fruit or a snack of some kind.  I had leftover meatballs and zoodles instead.  Today will be interesting, but with some accountability here, I think I can make it a good day.  Happy 4th of July to all those in the US.

I love reading what Clean July means to everyone!  It's cool that we can all come together, but have our own goals.

This! :)

Good day for me too: just had dinner, now quick shower (I taught Zumba and I'm dripping), then I'm allowed some cocoa with coconut milk and that's it for the day.  Really taking it one day at a time, making sure I don't snack.  I'm not even hungry for them, I just love shoving food in my face!

Happy 4th July to all the 'Mericans! Happy Thursday to the rest of us :D

Not feeling so funny this morning! I can't believe less than half & 40g 85% Lindt has had sucha  negative effect on me, I feel like crap today, so tired from not sleeping properly and queasy tummy :(

I've done 6 W30's since April 2012 - do I get a medal? I'm also 5 lbs heavier than I was when I started :angry:

So my goals for July are to

1) try to enjoy the summer break with the kids & not go crazy/run away

2) cook lots of new meals, use my new big slowcooker for some batch cooking.

3) keep up the exercise classes, 2 x kettlebells, 1x boxfit every week and get rid of those hip "nyomps" of mine ie the nyomp of fat that sticks out on my hips :wacko:

Derval, I'm so sorry you're hurting today! I always sleep like crap when my digestion is challenged. Six W30's, no medal, just awesome respect from all us noobie kids. I'm so sorry about the five. I guess that's why a few of us want to tweak what we eat to find what's optimal. I have those outer thighs!!! I just shed an inch off my upper thighs doing 15 Pilates reformer classes in June. That's been the only time I could make a difference. I signed up for 4 months to see if I can build muscle and tone up.

Your goals are great!

Good morning. I'm working from 7-1 today because of a project in limbo. Not feeling sorry for myself. I was supposed to hike for two hours in the Redwoods this morning but will have to pass. Will do it Sunday instead. Keeping my meals simple and right on template. Today is Day 66 for me. Yesterday I worked 11 hours with no breaks, then took a Pilates reformer class. On my walk home I felt ready to chuck it all and get something at a restaurant on he way home. As I drank water, my sanity returned and I knew I was just overtired. Opps avoided. Glad I didn't listen to my feed me monkey!

Have a fun day everyone!

Archived