Reclamation of Self

Lizzard77

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been away for so long, feels like, that I not sue where to update first!  I'll try not to be too redundant in my "hellos"!

Just got back from vacation on Monday, spent the last few days gocey shopping, doing laundry, putting away vacation items, etc.  Just now am getting back into my usual happy daily routine.  Vacation was loads of fun, went to a friend's wedding, went ziplining (whoopee), took a wired ring making course, and caught up with family.  Oh yeah and, took the motorcycle down on the autotrain, loads of fun!  All in all the adventures were aplenty!  Food wise?  Terrible, just terrible :(

I was not in a place where eating well is pized.  Eveyone had a lot to say about how geat I looked but when it came down to meals, many comments were made about what I chose to eat.  I had waned them before I came about what I was eating and how I would be eating while there but that seemed to do nothing.  Many meals were planned out or eaten out.  Eveyone was all about asking if I could eat anything (got eally annoying) and then poceeded not to listen to me.  In the end I basically had to do the best I could and cave in many cases, or go hungry.  I spent the week with a horrible upset stomach, diarhea almost daily, my face totally broke out, and I slept very little.  What dissapoints me the most is that I looked and felt so good before I left and had such resolve.  Now I feel like death, warmed over and it's going to take weeks to undo what took a week to do (or undo as well depending on the angle).  I talked to all my buddies before I left about how geat I was feeling and how everything was fitting better and how awesome my skin was, they haven't seen me since before the W30, and now I look just as haggard and tired as I did before. POOOP!

So now that I have gotten the venting part over with, I went to all my markets yesterday and restocked my fridge with local pastured meats, unpasteurized eggs, my garden is oveflowing with veggies, heading to the farmer's market on Sat to supplement any veggies i don't have in my back yard.  Today I am officially back on track with my popst W30 goals solidified in mind and am just plain gonna work my butt off to get back to where I was.  No use wallowing in anything, won't change the circumstances at all!

So cheers with a glass of booch and onward and upward to reclaiming my hard fought self!

Breakfast: 1 small white sweet potato fried in pastured butter with 1.5 cups brussels sprouts, shredded, 1 link of chorizo, and 1 fried egg.  10 oz cup of Nilgiri tea with cinnamon, flaked fresh coconut, vanilla bean, and raw milk.

Welcome home! You must have loved going out to find those treasures in the garden. Vacation sounds difficult. Glad you found fun as well as challenges. Your ring is great!

I want that breakfast please! Mine never look as good. I want to devote more time to interesting food prep.

Yay you are back! I have been missing you!

You may be surprised on how quickly you bounce back. Remember you have established new normal so it won't be as hard for your body to go back to it as getting it there in the first place was. I'm really sorry that your family/friends were not supportive of your new lifestyle. I'm going to be at my parents for a week around Thanksgiving and I'm already fretting about it a little bit.

Love the garden haul! So lovely!

Why do errands always take longer than I expect them too? Thought I"d be done with lunch and onto canning by now. Oh well! Lunch: Chicken Kurzhambu (South Indian chx curry) with coconut cauli-rice and tomato, cuke pachadi (homemade raw yogurt with mixed spices, tomatoes, and cukes). :)

**edit.  Whoa baby that chicken wasn't as spicy last night!  Glad I have some yogurt to cool it down!

post-13029-13747693122903_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for welcoming me back so open armedly (akward word....) but I feel so supported by you all and fell like you are not simply "my forum" but my firends!!!!!  I feel rejuvinated and strong after one day of being back on "my plan" and can't wait to see what may come for me.  I am a new person and this is a person that I love to be!

And looking at the quote I added to my profile when I was feeling strong, I do have to find the courage and learn to stand up for my way of life.  This is it folks, this is who I am and I am proud of it!!!!

Oh my gosh! Yesterday was crazy and this weekend isn't going to get any less so.  I was up at 7:30 to get ut to the garden before it got too hot and I meant to simply pull the veggies I wanted for canning.  Well that led to cleaning up the cuke plants then I wanted to clean up the canteloupe but the patty pan were in the way so had to clean them up first.....next thing I know It's 10:30 and the Servpro guy is due in 30 minutes to check out the water damage from our busted pipe. I look a mess, have not eaten anything, and really wanted to get the living room picked up so he doesn't think we are hoarders! I managed to powder my nose and throw on a clean apron and decided I would eat a spot on W30 lunch, not the best choice but had no time for cooking much less eating!

After Servpro gent left I begain boiling pots of water for canning and cleaning veggies for packing and hubinator decides he wants to start fixing the dishwasher (right between the sink and the stove)! I don't want to deterr him but now?  Really NOW??!?!?  Ok sandwiches for lunch mine, compliant turkey, shredded veggies and sprouts, avocado, olive oil mayo, wrapped up in lettuce.  His, ham, swiss, mustard, on sourdough.  The afternoon progressed and I managed to get everything canned, my booch bottled and put in new tea, kitchen cleaned and dinner made: Hamburger patty over 2 portobellos with tomatoes slices and cucumber, carrot, olive salad.  Whew! and now to do it all over again today!

Determined to be more mindful of my eating today, Breakfast: Chorizo, white sweet potato, and brussels sauteed with a fried egg over top. 

Riding out to meet some friends about an hour away and having lunch, convinced everyone to let me choose the place.  I found a gastropub that carries meat from the farm down the road and produce from another one the opposite direction.  I hope it's good!  Dinner will be a toss up as we are going to another friend's birthday party.  They usually server food but are vegan so often times it will be made with some sort of processed cheese-like product, YUCK!!! I think I will have a leftover hamburger patty and and avocado before I go, there should be some salad or raw veggies there.  I have to be DD so no booze for me, at least that decision is taken out of my hands.  Tired of making decisions, tired of being the boss of everything!  Oh well, I am sure it is simply the mini detox my body is going through after a week and a half of eating terribly.  This too shall pass and I am looking forward to a fun weekend!!!!  Would like to go sit on a beach somewhere tho, maybe next week :)

Wow I wish I had the energy and enthusiasm for housework and garden/kitchen projects that you do. I'm super impressed and feel even more guilty about my tv/video game night last night then I did before.  ;)

Sounds like your train is very firmly back on the track and that you have a super fun weekend planned. Enjoy it!

Thanks Bethany but I don't have a paying job except for the occasional wedding planning or floral making gig, and occasionally sell some cosmetics.  I am a professional homemaker (and love it) so i do it with gusto! 

Lunch was a total bummer :( I ordered the french onion soup after grilling them about what was in it, asked for no bread and they put it in anyway.  ordered a chicken sandwich sans bun and it came out dripping in cheese yet very dry, also salad had some sickly sweet honey mustard thing coating evry piece of lettuce.  Tummy ache instantly!  I have no idea what could have caused it as dairy has not been affecting me, course it was 4 slices of cheese from some unknown and likely very pasteurized source.  I avoided the salad due to the sugar in the dressing and unless there was something other than what I was told in the soup......dunno but was very happy to get home as tummy is in a tumult!  Definitely pre-eating prior to party tonight! 

Really cute outfit planned, will have to remember to snap a pic to share!  Downing some booch to settle my tummy then off to the showers, a motorcycle jacket is not very cool when stuck on the interstate, in traffic, in 95 degree weather.  I don't think i smell very good!!

I'm sorry that lunch was such a bummer. Booo!

I hope to someday be a professional homemaker. Husband and I have started discussing options for weaning ourselves off of my salary. I think step 1 is sticking to our current budget for a couple of months.  ;)

Looking forward to seeing your cute outfit and good call on the shower.  ;)

Bethany, and all of my friends out there, I am writing this so that next time I decide to have a few, I won't.  I started off with just one drink, it was delicious.  My bestie asked to try it and she loved it so asked me to show her how I made it.  It was simply ginger rooibos kombucha with vodka.  I don't remember making another drink for myself during the evening but my glass kept being full....I am thinking someone took it upon herself to keep refilling my glass when she filled hers.  The next morning most of my gallon of booch was gone and there was not a vodka bottle to be found (luckily others were drinking vodka too however...).  I have no idea how much I had but yesterday was MISERABLE!!!!!  I have only had a few drinks since I finished my W30 and each time I feel just awful.  I wish I would learn and stay away from the stuff! 

On a much happier note, I had a great time and everyone kept commenting on how great I looked!  That made it all worth it.  It was so great to see everyone, it's been a long time, we've all gotten so busy.  And I met a couple girls that were a lot of fun and definitely would like to add to our group of ladies. So despite the horrific hangover and losing of an entire day to it, I had a blast.

Planning on having a low key day today.  Before the W30, Mondays were my blog day but I kinda of ran out of inspiration during the W30 simply because my mind was all consumed by it.  Getting back to it today.  I have a few topics I want to write about and am not sure which to pick: "Happiness and How not to work too hard to find it"; "Tooth Recovery"; and "How to find a clean house without losing your mind".  I also need to do an installment of "My Indian Kitchen" as well as "Preserving the Harvest".  So much to write about and I want to get it all out there now but don't want to run out of inspiration again too quickly!  I have a bit of light cleaning to do today and I want to work out, it's been a few weeks that I have taken off and need to get back to it.  So all in all it should be an easy day.

I will make sure I put up a link when I write that post :) Opted to write another installment of My Indian Kitchen, Whole30 style!

Lunch: Super easy as I am entrenched in recipe writing and blog posting. 2 grass fes hot dogs with sauerkraut and a tomato, avocado, cucumber salad. Not too pretty but gets the job done!

post-13029-13751146248992_thumb.jpg

Archived