Whole30 I Love You

Emma

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smiling - I didn't even think of that!  

Last night we ate out.  Today we ate out for breakfast some good old diner food.  Then we came home and rolled out the last of the cookie dough.  We may have egg nog tonight.  Really, we are milking this for all it's worth, but I kinda feel like we're saying good-bye to so many of our old ways for the new year.  Of course, we will still go out and still off road and still have fall aparts, but I think we're both assuming that next Thanksgiving and next Christmas we'll be able to create meals more in line with how we've been learning to eat.  It's that lifestyle change that people talk about and we both know without a doubt that we were healthier, happier and more rested.

I plan to weigh myself and do some measurements later today.  I know I've been putting on some pounds and I know I've had some good old fat redistribution and de-toning, but I'm getting some hints from my clothes that it is more than I realize.  I know that Whole30 will help get rid of that water bloated weight, but I think I've got some extra weight hanging out.  It will be good to start tackling that.  (tomorrow -:))

I may switch over to the Whole30 forum to help myself really stick to the 30 days with integrity.  That shall be decided later. 

Hi Emma (love knowing your name!) - it sounds like you had a great holiday, too.  Your kids are at a fun age for the holidays. Mine are kind of boring (too cool to get too excited) but they're also a lot less work now.  It's been SO cold that we just let them play video games as much as they wanted.  We are very mean parents who never do that, so they were pretty happy.  I hope the New Year brings health and fun and relaxation!

We have begun Whole30 and I swear I was hungry right after I ate breakfast.  I'm hungry now.  Well, maybe not, but I sure want to eat.  I did some sit ups yesterday and I did five minutes of mediation - none of that is a lot, but it counts.  It totally counts.  I'm now off to the Whole30 forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see your post after your helpful comments on mine! I hope you're past the hungry thing you mention above. I struggled with the same thing, and am still to some degree even on day 10. I don't quite get it--I feel really full at the meal, and do eat enough fats, but am capable of being stomach-growling hungry shortly after eating. It does seem to ease off over time, so I hope it did for you as well.

Archived