~Support Thread for Week of July 7th Starters/Continue-ers

sunnymama

Oh no our thread is slowing down.  Day 25 here.  Still doing good,  I had a frustrating day on Tuesday because I could not get my work out in.  The baby just did not want to go to sleep.  I made up for it last night and boy did I make up for it. I feel it this morning.  I was also hungry all day yesterday for the first time.  I was glad I had a jar of olives in the fridge here at work, because my normal foods were not cutting it.  I meant to add a little to breakfast this morning, but forgot.  I did bring a bigger lunch.  Hopefully that will help.  Milk supply is still good, so I must be getting enough water and nutrients for that, which is good.

Have a great last couple of days folks.  What are your plans for post Whole30?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Elizabeth!! Still plodding along here too :)

I'm considering extending our whole 30.....

I still have a few issues I want to see if I can improve, and we're quite happy with how we're going. The food is amazing and we are enjoying the "freedom" we have following this plan :)

I'm interested in reintro too....i already think dairy effects me, but not sure about the rest! That'll be an experiment.

Had a little digestive set back :wacko: . I'm pretty sure it was the red leaf lettuce (don't ask me how I know). I guess raw greens are still not in my near future. Anyway, it's just a reminder of what I used to go through all the time and why I can't go back to eating like that (as if eating lettuce was an indulgence!). I just wish I didn't feel so yucky and bloated though. Well, this too shall pass. 5 days to go!

I am thinking of extending too, not sure though.  I kinda want to start reintroduction and I kinda want to keep going.  I know I will go paleo after this is over.  It just seems to work for me.  I need to reintroduce enough to have paleo cupcakes on my son's first birthday.  The party is not until 8.24 so I have some time to decide.

Still going :-). It's not that the interest is waning for me...it's now just the 'new normal' way of life, not a big deal. If it wasn't for our 4 day holiday next week, I might consider extending. But I think I need to have an 'official' break otherwise I fear I may crack if I'm still 'officially' extending and then I'll just feel awful guilty! But I am going to do reintro while on holiday, then go paleo.

Been traveling for work past 3 days, too many nuts on the road! Nuts are my new nemesis and I need to get on top of that little snack habit. I feel on top of everything else though.

CCLARKTHIRTY good to know someone else is in the same boat! But if we don't finish it properly, we will never get over it, so let's do it girl. So so close! Are you going to do re intro while on your vacay?

AMBERINO wow I think you're really brave to continue to 45 days, but I can see and understand why you are thinking about it, it's totally do-able, and if there are still demons, keep going i reckon. I think 30 days is a good base to build on from...this way of eating is definately a lifestyle that I have found quite easy actually!

Still going :-). It's not that the interest is waning for me...it's now just the 'new normal' way of life, not a big deal. If it wasn't for our 4 day holiday next week, I might consider extending. But I think I need to have an 'official' break otherwise I fear I may crack if I'm still 'officially' extending and then I'll just feel awful guilty! But I am going to do reintro while on holiday, then go paleo.

Been traveling for work past 3 days, too many nuts on the road! Nuts are my new nemesis and I need to get on top of that little snack habit. I feel on top of everything else though.

CCLARKTHIRTY good to know someone else is in the same boat! But if we don't finish it properly, we will never get over it, so let's do it girl. So so close! Are you going to do re intro while on your vacay?

AMBERINO wow I think you're really brave to continue to 45 days, but I can see and understand why you are thinking about it, it's totally do-able, and if there are still demons, keep going i reckon. I think 30 days is a good base to build on from...this way of eating is definately a lifestyle that I have found quite easy actually!

FIONA  Yes, I think we have the same plan.  I finish my 30 on Monday and then will do some reintro on vacation.  I'm especially curious (for scientific reasons of course) about reintroducing wine.  When I get home (it's a two week vacation in the outback essentially, off the grid), I'm thinking I will do another W30 and then go paleo.  Woohoo!

Glad to see some of you back on the thread!  It was getting pretty quiet and I had to start lurking on other boards, but it was a bit overstimulating trying to deal with so many threads. 

Tomorrow is my last day in civilization because as of Saturday morning we fly to Colorado where we will be in a very remote area with no internet or cell phone or anything like that.  I plan to take my "after" photo tomorrow morning as well as "after" measurements because even though it's Day 28, it's my last opportunity to do so.  I think I'll probably weigh myself too, just so I have all the data.  I will most likely post my results if I get up the nerve.  I'm usually pretty private but I may challenge myself.

I've really enjoyed reading and responding to you all and I'm sure that I'll be back on the forums when I get back from vacation.  I'll post tomorrow with some kind of results but I won't have time to do much more than that.   Wishing everyone much joy and good health. :)

I don't have demons really....I just want to see if my digestive issues get better (I think they are with digestive enzymes!) and a couple of other things...

Our lifestyle before was pretty similar, so we wouldn't be "returning" to anything terribly bad if we switched back. I don't think that'll happen though - I think we'll probably combine the two, and just allow ourselves the flexibility to enjoy things we want to indulge in sometimes - even those things are usually planned, I haven't dived head first in to a mountain of rubbish for ages!!

I'm planning to go out with the girls at work and get frozen yogurt for lunch. :)  And then Hubby and I are going to go out and get a paleo-but-not-necessarily-whole30-compliant dinner for our anniversary.  (Technically our anniversary is today, but won't have the opportunity to go out until next weekend.)  After that, I'm back to Whole30 in pursuit of my healthy weight!  I joined a friend's Beachbody challenge group for the fitness portion of it.  I won't be doing the shakes because I want to keep whole30 as my nutrition plan, since I feel so great!  But I do need extra motivation in the working out department. 

I'm really hoping that when I step on the scale next Thursday, that the number will reflect how light I feel.

Hubby is... not doing as great.  I made a novel of a post in the "Troubleshooting" forum about his issues.  We identified that Digestive Enzymes were causing him really bad issues, but even now it seems to be lingering.  He came off of SCD and back onto Whole30, because SCD didn't seem to make that much of a difference for him.  *sigh*  I just want him to be happy and healthy.  And to not need to belch for an hour before he can go to sleep every night.

We are going on vacation on the 19th, so after my W30 is over, I will probably do reintroduction of at least dairy, eggs, wine and chocolate. I will never go back to grains or legumes. I don't want to wait till I'm on vacation and have issues with reintroducing a bunch of food.

THE DATA

lost 13 lbs

chest -3 inches

waist -3 1/2 inches

hips  -3 inches

thighs -1 inch

arms  -i inch

total 11 1/2 inches reduced

It's pretty amazing to me that it can go that quickly and I know that with continued W30 eating/lifestyle, things would slow down considerably.  But I had really gained a lot of weight and all of it fat.  It feels so good to be healthy and moving in the right direction!

CCLARKTHIRTY - that is AMAZING, well done! As you say, this lifestyle sets the path, and a whole lot more is possible from hereon, even if it is a bit slower. Enjoy your holiday, and do check in when you're back to let us know how you did with reintro. 

CClark, wow! Amazing. You must feel fantastic.

I completely forgot I had a doctors appointment today, I made it months ago. Since they are going to weight me (with my clothes and shoes on), I decided to weigh myself this am to get a trueer number. I've lost 6 lbs so far and I still have a few days to go. That is almost 2 lbs a week and for me, that is incredible.

I know I will be continuing on W30 after we get back from vacation. I still have a ways to go.

Great job, Bet!  Thanks to you both.  I was working out just now and I was thinking that I said what I've "lost" but I didn't summarize what I'd gained:

vastly improved sleep

plantar fasciitis pretty much GONE after 7 years

tendonitis gone

even energy level, mood.

constant hunger and cravings gone

no more psychological dependence on a glass of wine

I don't know why I was so tired yesterday. I had the day off from work,, and had a Drs. Appointment early in the am. I thought I would get a lot done. My husband's birthday was yesterday. He was in Minneapolis and coming home that evening. I went to the mall to get him a little gift (he already bought himself a new cigar lighter for his bday). I got him two Duck Dynasty shirts, he loves that show. And they were on sale for 9.99 each! Score. I also bought myself two nice tops that were on end of summer sales. Then I came home and had lunch, left over lamb and sweet potatoes. Then I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour!  Then I did some vacuuming, felt tired again and took another long nap. I guess I needed the rest. I still went to bed early, about 10 and slept until 7 (when my cat woke me up, GRRRR).

I did order some good stuff from Tropical Traditions. I wanted to get a good compliant Balsamic Vinegar. They also had the Coconut Oil on sale, so I got two of those. And they have chocolate that has no soy lechtin in it! I ordered two bars. I won't be able to eat them until Wednesday. But I'm excited. I do love chocolate, but thinking about the soy upsets me now. I don't want to eat it anymore. So hopefully these bars are good so when I'm not doing W30, I can have a bit of chocolate after dinner.

OMG I just had the best dish.  Almost tasted like rice pudding with a little pepper on it.  Strange I know, but if I have used nutmeg instead of pepper I would have thought I was eating dessert.  This will definitely help slay a sugar dragon if you have one. 

I did use a combo of ghee and olive oil instead of just olive oil like the recipe states.  I also cut it in half, since I was the only one eating it for lunch.

---------------------------------------------------------------
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 small onion, peeled and shredded
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon pepper

---------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat a medium
nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine
sweet potato, onion and egg in a large bowl,
mixing well. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat.
Add potato mixture; cook 4 minutes or until
browned on bottom. Transfer to oven, and bake
15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool 10
minutes before cutting into wedges.

My husband was asking me about W30 and what it did for me. Then I asked him if he would want to try it. And he said yes, when we got back from vacation! I was so excited. Then I mentioned that he'd have to give up Stevia and apparently that's a no go. Really? Stevia?  Ithink it tastes like crap. I will break him down....

He gave up sugar so I don't know why he won't let go of this stevia. He thinks it's a plant and therefore ok. I tried to tell him it was processed. I'll keep working on it. He could just be pulling my chain. He does that sometime.

I thought giving up stevia would be hard....but all I really had it in was coffee, smoothies, and some things that would be considered "paleofied"....I only really had to worry about the coffee!

I had my first food dream last night - I woke up at 3, starving hungry for some reason. I was seriously considering getting something to eat but didn't. Sometime between 3 and when I got up I dreamt that I sat down to a huge bowl of custard - made from custard powder, full of corn starch and sugar!! I was devastated and thought I would have to stay away from the forum because I'd failed. Good thing I realised it was a dream!!

Day 29....yea!  I have my first non compliant meal planned.  It is paleo, but uses honey and vanilla.  Coconut porriage.  I cant wait.  Isn't that horrible.  I don't care so much about the honey, but the vanilla.  (I know I could be using powdered vanilla, but I keep forgetting to get it at the store)  That is the only non compliant meal I have planned.  I will have it on wednesday morning, then I think I have a chance to add honey to another meal that night, but have not decided if I will. 

All the rest of my meals for the week are compliant.  On Saturday I will add something else back, not sure what yet.  So excited to have made it to the end.

I did have my first food dream the other night, it was day twenty eight and I had mindlessly bitten in to a hamburger with a bun.  Once I realized what I had done I was on the floor balling (this was in my dream of course).  It was pretty intense.

Archived