~Support Thread for Week of July 7th Starters/Continue-ers

sunnymama

Day 29 for me too. I am going to have half/half in my coffee Wednesday morning. Then some sour cream at lunch, then ice cream after dinner. I get the Haagen Daaz because they don't have a lot of junk in their ice cream. Looking forward to it!

I am going to skip reintroducing grains and legumes. I wasn't eating them before. I guess then wine and chocolate. And maybe eggs (I am doing the AIP).

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30 was yesterday. I am doing Dairy re-intro today. I had some full cream greek yogurt for breakfast, and now a coffee with a small amount of milk. Will incorporate some cheese into lunch. I can already feel the mucous (TMI, sorry!) build up in my throat and sinuses, but I have also been getting 'something' sinusey for the past few days, so could also be that.

I am going to skip gluten re-intro completely, as I know I don't want to go back there ever if I can help it. I will then do non gluten on Friday, and legumes next Monday.

I *may* have a glass of wine on the weekend, we will be away, but other than that, I plan to stick to W30, it's the 'new' normal for me anyway :-)

Here is my final numbers:

Weight loss 8 lbs

Waist - 2 inches

Belly - 2 inches

Hips - 2 inches

Elbow pain - greatly reduced

No more sugar hight/lows

No snacking

More energy

sleeping better

Better Focus

I wish I could say my hot flashes were gone, but they aren't. In fact, I think I'm going through some kind of hormone change. Maybe from W30 or just the continuing saga of menopause (which seems to last forever)

Overall, I am very excited. I know I can eat cleaner and exercise more. In fact, I feel very energetic and want to do more, I just have to figure out how to fit it into my schedule.

Meanwhile, I'm having coffee with half and half. The dairy test is today.

Hi Askins, how is your hubby doing? I was thinking he probably needs to work with a doctor or naturpath to find out what is going on in his digestive symptom. He might have parasites or something going on that needs medical intervention.

Dun da da dunnn da dun dud du da dunnnn!!!!! 

I had fantastic coconut porridge this morning with a drizzle of honey and vanilla in it.  It was yummy.  That is about as far off program as I am getting today.  I am going to reintro beer on Saturday then start a real reintro next week, once I have had a chance to really decide what I want to reintro.

I did not measure or take pictures before I started but I did know my weight.  163.  This morning I weighed in at 149.

Lowest weight I have been at in 15 years

I had some failures my whole30  I could not stay away from the scale, but I am not going to focus on that today, today I am happy I love fruits and veggies more than I ever have.  I am happy that I have re-established a relationship with my bicycle. And, I am happy I am setting a better example for my kids by living the words I say.

That is great Elizabeth! Doesn't it make you happy that you can eat healthy, not be deprived and starving all the time, and still lose weight? I think that is what makes me happiest. I still have a lot to go, but honestly I think I will be eating like this forever.

I want to eat like this most of the time too.  I am too realistic to think I will be able to so it 100% of them time, but I think 80-90% is a great goal with a whole30 thrown in every couple of months to remind me what my goals are.  My sister and I are already planning our next whole 30.  We are aiming for a Sept. to Oct., Then we will hit it again in January.  

So far the dairy reintro is going well. I just had one of those tiny cartons of Haagen Daaz vanilla ice cream. Normally I'm like 'yuck vanilla, what can I put on it'. But it tasted SO GOOD. I really relished it.

Back to W30 tomorrow.

I've started to get hungry - at night, and i'm hungry when I wake up too. i'm not sure if I should be eating more (fat maybe?) - maybe I should try for a few days and see how I go.

I haven't felt any desire to get on the scale, or eat anything non-compliant....or even anything compliant but not "whole 30"! the stevia is still in the cupboard, I don't feel like making a green smoothie, and I don't feel like I need anything other than the bit of fruit I have alongside dinner to fill a "dessert" hole.

I love my breakfasts, and don't feel like the protein pancakes I used to make occasionally....

My results are in: nearly 11 lbs lost and 10.5 inches lost (including 3.5 in at my waist alone!).  Here's the post with all my quantitative and qualitative results: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/12591-first-whole30-results/

Thanks for asking about my husband, Bet.  He is doing much better.  He's on Whole30 plus homemade yogurt with good quality probiotics.  He has been sleeping well and having more solid BMs.  He still gets a bit of gas/bloating just before bed.  I agree with you that he needs to see a doctor - that we have done as much as we can through internet research.  We have an appointment with a guy I found through primaldocs.com on 8/26.  The best thing is that my husband has a great attitude, lots of hope, and is taking positive steps to fix his gut rather than deny that there's a problem.

We intend to stay on Whole30 (mostly) indefinitely.  And I am starting an exercise challenge with a friend of mine that I hope will bring even more super results.

That's great results askins! You know I am back on W30 today, waiting for my next reintroduction and honestly, I think I can do without dairy. I think I now prefer coconut milk in my coffee to half and half. But I still prefer regular milk in tea (not 1/2 and12 or coconut milk). I didn't need to have sour cream at lunch, I just did it to have 3 dairy servings. And I really don't think I want to go back to having ice cream every night, that's how I got this way in the first place! But it's nice to know I can have it if I want it and I don't have to avoid it because of health reasons.

I am happy for your husband. It can take a long time to heal a gut. I know it took me months, and I am probably still not 100%. I am glad he's going to a primaldoc. I wish I had done that. I do feel so much better. I think if you are sick like that for a long time, you just get used to it and it becomes 'normal'.

Archived