~Support Thread for Week of July 7th Starters/Continue-ers

sunnymama

Happy Day 2/3! Last night my boyfriend and I made the Paleo Pad Thai. It was delicious, and FILLING! It took a little longer than I thought to make it (even though it wasn't difficult) but I think next time will be a little easier. 

This morning I had 2 eggs sunnyside up (cooked in ghee), sweet potato hash (YUM!), and coffee mixed with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. 

So far, I almost feel like I might be eating too much fat, but I think it's just because I'm not used to consuming this much fat in a day.  I mostly have no urge to snack in between meals so far, which is an unusual feeling...but great!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

I didn't get on here yesterday to introduce myself but today is Day 2 for me! Day 1 went good, for the most part it was easy. Though I can already tell I'm going to have to force myself to try new foods/veggies! I'm a terribly picky eater who would love to live off of cheeseburgers and pizza and never touch a veggie. But I'm committed to this program. It's time for changing and adapting a healthy, sustainable lifestyle!

Let's do this! Good luck and satisfied stomachs to us all!  :)

We're officially starting today!  We got back from vacation Sunday night, so I needed a day to get to the grocery store and stock up on meat, fruit, and vegetable goodness.  We are so excited!!

It may take time to be able to eat the food. I have a somewhat shrunken stomach, I was very sick a few months ago and it hasn't really recovered fully. Yesterday I couldn't get down most of my meals in total. But I ate what I could. Because I get full so soon, I don't eat enough and then I get hungry 2 hours later. That's when I would snack and that's what I'm trying to get away from. So I finished eating at 7:30 last night and went to bed at 9:30. I was much hungrier this am, and increased my protein at bkfast. So today, I didn't have hunger pangs at 10:30.

Don't obesess about the numbers and how much you eat. This is a process. You aren't supposed to be perfect on Day One.

Day 2.  Going well, but I sure miss Sweet N Low!  I tried to sweeten my salad dressing last night by adding dates instead of sweetener.  I need to keep working on that.  ;-(    Will start looking through Paleo recipes instead of reinventing the wheel. 

Today (7/9) is my second day.  I just found this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself.  My sister is almost finished with her Whole 30 and she looks great and says she feels great. 

I had heard of this before my sister started it, but it was just in passing.  I spent time grilling her over the details of it on the Fourth of July, since I altered some of my recipes for her.  I have been contemplating how I am going to teach my children good eating habits, how I am going to lose the 20 lbs I have gained since my early twenties, how I am going to break my coca-cola and candy addiction and this seems to be a good way to start all of those things.

I subscribe to emeals and they have a paleo option, so I am modifing their recipes to help me with my dinner planning.  Their meals generally produce plenty of left overs for lunch, so my real challenge is going to be breakfast.  38 years a cereal and milk for breakfast every morning, it is going to take some work to figure out something else. 

So glad coffee is allowed on this plan.  I have two little ones and could not survive without it.  I am also a breasfeeding mom.  I know there is at least one more on here.

Can I ask - what is "homemade sausage"?

Homemade sausage is exactly as it sounds - sausage i made at home  :) In this instance i went the whole hog & minced my own meat first before seasoning it, but obviously you can just buy ready minced meat & season that. Well Fed has a good recipe for sausage seasoning, or have a search on Google. I usually make my own links, but this batch was a bit sinewy & i couldn't be bothered fighting with it so i just made it into little patties.

if that's a big breakfast, you can officially call me a piglet. I eat a whole plate full!!

Yup, that looks like a snack to me  :D Oink!!

Well, day 30, or is it day 2? I think i'll stop counting again  :P

Breakfast - minced beef, mushrooms, mange tout, cashews & plum sauce (i was going for a Chinese-type feel)

Lunch - braised hearts with beetroot & sauerkraut, with a few cherries after.

Dinner - thai basil chicken, courgette noodles & homemade fermented salsa (i'm fermenting everything i can get my hands on at the minute).  Some cherries after.

Planning a post-workout snack of one of the leftover chicken legs from Sunday lunch. Kickboxing tonight, woohoo!

Oh, and BREAKING NEWS, i bought a pair of knee-length shorts about a month ago & haven't worn them cos there was too much breathing in going on  :blink:  Tried them on again today & they fit! Double woohoo!!

Excited for breakfast tomorrow for some reason...

Oh, and BREAKING NEWS, i bought a pair of knee-length shorts about a month ago & haven't worn them cos there was too much breathing in going on    Tried them on again today & they fit! Double woohoo!!
Excited for breakfast tomorrow for some reason...

That's awesome!

It was a big breakfast for me :lol: . But it did the trick, no hunger pangs before lunch. I forced myself to eat my whole lunch. I did have some olives just now because I have a long commute and will not get home until 7 and then have to make dinner. So far I'm happy. I feel like a pig eating all this food, but let's see what happens.

It was a big breakfast for me :lol: . But it did the trick, no hunger pangs before lunch. I forced myself to eat my whole lunch. I did have some olives just now because I have a long commute and will not get home until 7 and then have to make dinner. So far I'm happy. I feel like a pig eating all this food, but let's see what happens.

I felt the same but whenever I'd decrease by an egg or sweet potato or whatever I was hungry between meals. Takes some getting used to but I am a total believer at this point. I love not thinking about food between meals.

tonight I think we're going to have "brinner" :P shakshuka eggs, with wilted leafy greens and cauli rice. i'm going to make extra sauce so we can have it for leftovers at breakfast tomorrow.

we usually have this with big chunks of crusty bread, but I think the cauli rice will be perfect to soak up the sauce :)

Today it'd day 2 for me. Yesterday went well although I had to snack on some nuts, homemade pickles and chicken a few times. Today I had a big breakfast - beef with onions, carrots, zucchini, fried and seasoned with cinnamon & nutmeg + some raspberries and shredded coconut. It was really good. I'm not used to having meat first thing in the morning, but I'm determined to make it work this time, because I feel that a breakfast along the lines of banana & almond butter would be kind of cheating. It's 11am now and I'm drinking a coffee hoping that it will hold me over till lunch. I have a headache today, but hopefully it will pass soon. Have a nice day everyone :)

I added some walnuts to the beef mixture too. It was really tasty and I was more than satisfied after finishing, but I'm known for being hungry ALL the time (there was a time when I literally didn't go anywhere without some snack in my purse, cause I was a mess if I hadn't eaten for 2-3 hours)  so lasting 4,5 hours between breakfast and early lunch is a win for me :)

Hello all! Today is day 31/ day1 for me - inspired to carry on because:

1. It's getting easy peasy now

2. Despite being convinced I hadn't lost any weight I lost 7lbs and 2" off my waist and yes I know it's not meant to be about the weight loss but I'm still really happy about it and motivated

3. I think I had some kind of healing crisis (physical and emotional) just near the end of my W30 part1 and I want to capitalise on that.

So I made cakes yesterday, and am making them today and tomorrow as well because my twin girls turn 4 tomorrow. I managed yesterday without even wanting to eat them, so feeling confident now.

Have tomatoes roasting in the oven, and having steak, asparagus, rocket and guacamole with cucumber and tomatoes for lunch. Yum.

I added some walnuts to the beef mixture too. It was really tasty and I was more than satisfied after finishing, but I'm known for being hungry ALL the time (there was a time when I literally didn't go anywhere without some snack in my purse, cause I was a mess if I hadn't eaten for 2-3 hours) so lasting 4,5 hours between breakfast and early lunch is a win for me :)

You sound like me! Until Monday, I pretty much ate 5-6 times a day....and carried a giant cooler bag everywhere!

Hi all, just joined the forum.  I'm on Day 4 of my first W30.  So far, so good. The biggest problems I've had are a headache which kind of builds over the day and is worse at night (but tolerable) and I've been kind of hungry between meals.  I was a grazer before, so while I think i am actually hungry, I think my body is just getting used to using my fat stores instead of depending on fruit-flavored non-fat greek yogurt to give it energy!  I hope this gets better soon.  But my mood is good.  I haven't wanted to kill anyone yet. Yet.  My husband is waiting.  I'm really loving creating beautiful healthy meals.  This morning I made a huge stirfry with shredded chicken and a bunch of veggies in coconut oil.  I just had a small amount for my pre-workout meal and I'll have a bit more afterwards.  Although right now I'm taking time for all this careful and fun food prep, I can see where it takes a lot of endurance to adopt the Whole 9 lifestyle.  I'm IN though.  It makes so much sense.

Day 3- The headaches started for me yesterday afternoon.  It's just one prolonged headache. For me it's about giving up caffeine too. I don't drink coffee. I loved my diet mtn. dews and that's what I'm craving.

For dinner last night I had sauteed shrimp (in coconut oil) with steamed broccoli and some blueberries on the side. It was very filling. I did eat some pecans a little while later to get my fat intake up a bit.

This morning I had bacon and eggs. Yum.

Good morning.  Day Three for me.  Feel better this morning.  My hangover seems to be gone. (still fighting a cold, but I think I know what is cold and what is hangover)  Breakfast is still hard for me, I already get up 2 hours before I leave the house so I can get all the kids food prepared and, bags packed and kids dressed.  I have a almost three year old and 10 month old.  I scrambled some eggs and ate some of the strawberries I was putting in my sons oat meal.  Had to spit out a finger full of oatmeal I put in my mouth from habit.  I had use my finger to scrape some oatmeal off of a spoon and into the bowl and that finger went right to my mouth out of habit.  Ooops.  Almost did the same thing with the greek yogurt I was packing for the 10 month old.  Anyway I did not inhale!! I mean ingest. 

I am eating a grapefruit now, turns out breastfeeding moms don't need to stick to 3 meals a day.  Yea for loop holes.  (Although I am going to try, today I just didn't get enough for breakfast)

What I think is working well for me, and you might try it, is making a big pan of something the night before, for a few meals.  In my case, on Sunday I made a frittata type "loaf" with egg and veggies (next time I'll put ground meat in too I've decided), and now it's Wednesday and last night I made an easy chicken stirfry from Nomnom paleo's website. 

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4360193712/emergency-protein-a-k-a-garbage-stir-fry

That way, I don't have to think about it--I just portion out some for meal 1 and I'm done.  At least for a few breakfasts, and then I'll make something else.

Semolina - Happy 4th Birthday to your girls!

For dinner last night I made the no-fuss salmon cakes from the ISWF book. Super easy, and it made 6 of them -- will be great for leftovers! I also mixed up some of the ranch dressing as dipping sauce and ate some asparagus tips with ghee as a side. 

We're going through some serious detox over here.  Lightheaded, achy joints, and major major crankypants.  Can't wait to push through this phase and get to Tiger Blood!

On the plus side I'm really feeling the toxins leaving my body.  So cool!

Archived