Need drink ideas

I have been drinking water with a wedge of lime squeezed in it, I buy lemons when they are on sale. Yesterday I made iced tea with chai tea bags (Wegman's Just Tea has no non-compliant nonsense in it) and drank that at work. With a meal I might have iced coffee with coconut milk and a pinch of cinnamon, I have found that more lovely than I expected, since I figured coffee without cream and sweetness would be sad. But most of the time I just drink ice water in my fun glass. 

I drink hibiscus mint rooibos iced tea.  I buy the bulk tea in Wegman's and mix per quart of boiling water, 2 tsp rooibos, 1 tsp hibiscus, and 1 tsp peppermint.  It is delicious and really satisfying!  I love most any herbal iced teas :)

• Moderators

Today I drank plain water, water with a splash of cranberry juice, Gingerade kombucha, and peppermint tea. You can flavor plain water with a splash of lemon, lime, cranberry, or any other juice. Just don't mix it so strong that you are really drinking juice instead of flavored water.

What about 'sassy water'? Water infused with cucumber and lemon slices, ginger and mint? or lemon and lime slices? I have seen several recipes for various flavored waters on line-might want to check to make sure they are compliant, but it would change up what you are drinking! 

I love to juice cucumbers.  It's really hydrating and also delicious!  I put a few mint leaves in my ice water today, and that was very refreshing!  I made a Whole30-compliant coffee drink that is really good.  I found the purest unsweetened almond milk and warmed it in the microwave, then I added a teaspoon of coconut oil and a 1/4 teaspoon of organic, pure vanilla extract.  I whipped that in the blender and added it to black coffee.  It was really good!

Hope these suggestions help!

1/4 teaspoon of organic, pure vanilla extract.

~~~~~

Out of curiosity, what brand did you use?  I'm seeking a Whole30 compliant vanilla extract (without alcohol or sugar), that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

Archived