Walking the walk...

Hey all,

I've been an advocate of the "paleo diet" for a long time now... around a decade or so.  In that time, I've spread the word and helped my friends and family change their diets and lifestyles for the better.  But, in all that time, I have yet to actually commit to changing my own diet and lifestyle.  

Well, the irony has become too much to bear.  Generally, I'll spend some time getting in good shape and eating healthy - and then I'll swing to the opposite extreme, eating and (more importantly) drinking whatever I want.  I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and drink, and it's time for a change.  A real, lasting change.  I'm simply not happy living the lifestyle I'm living; I'm a really bad hedonist.  Probably the most important point is that I drink too much... way, way too much.  But my drinking is intertwined with the eating junk and not exercising.  Like I said, I tend toward extremes...  

In any event, I figure the Whole30 is a perfect way to start making the necessary changes to my lifestyle.  I need to hit the reset button.  So, that's what I'm doing.  I just wanted to put this out there... I'm really looking forward to seeing how I feel 30 days from now...

Archived