So close to the end and slipped up!

So, I've had a pretty good whole 30! My reasons for embarking on a whole 30 in the first place, were, since the birth of my daughter a year ago my cravings have gone out of control! Prior to having her my diet was quite healthy, but since having her I would crave for things like white pasta, white bread, bowls of plain boiled rice??? Sweets and anything with sugar! Instead of losing my baby weight I gained some!

I realised I was totally stuck in a rut, the cravings were controlling me, and no matter what my intentions, I would find myself head first in a box of cakes!

So I have been pleasantly surprised to find the whole 30 rules surprisingly easy to stick to? I'm eating plenty, I'm enjoying the food, my cravings (although not completely disappeared) are fleeting and controllable, my skin is clear, I'm sleeping like a baby, and my clothes are huge :)

So what's my problem? Going through some posts on the forum I discover one about "compliant coconut milk" huh? It never occurred to me that coconut milk would contain anything other than coconuts? I rush to my cupboard, and sure enough my brand contains carrageen gum - I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am with myself! Hours of checking labels and sourcing ingredients, only to have made this monumental cock-up throughout the entire whole 30 - today is day 29!

So really I'm just coming clean! I decided that as it was a total accident I'm still going to pat myself on the back for all I've achieved throughout this whole 30. I will complete my final day tomorrow, and my baby is 1 on Friday, so I'm taking a break to have a glass of bubbly to celebrate - then on Monday I am starting whole 30 number 2 with compliant coconut milk!

I had the same thing happen with coconut water as I didn't realize VitaCoco was non-compliant the first few days.  And now I can't remember why.  Maybe added sugar?  I took it as an honest mistake and did not start over as I'm continuing beyond 30, so hey, lesson learned.  Great work-- hope y'all have a wonderful birthday celebration for the little one! :)        

I made a similar mistake with canned tuna... plugging along happily until I read a post on the forum about tuna containing soy. SURE ENOUGH... the tuna I had contained soy. I was almost halfway through my W30 when I realized this. I ended up making my whole30 into a whole40 (not necessarily because of the tuna... more out of fear of coming out from under the w30 umbrella). I feel your pain!!  But definitely a good plan... Happy first birthday to your daughter!  :D

Archived