W30 Log - Start Date July 8 - SSI

gingerselkie

Hello to all...

Today is my 1st day.  My boyfriend, Ron, and I are doing this together.  We cleaned out the pantry and frig yesterday and bought our groceries...great attitudes all around.

At 5:00 am I prepared breakfast -scrambled eggs and beef with onions, peppers, tomato and curry. It was delicious but I had to make myself eat it, so did Ron. I packed his lunch and sent him off to work.

We don't usually eat anything until 10 AM or so - this is a big change.

Coffee with coconut milk was great.  No problem there.   

Problem:  Lunch time I was simply not hungry! (I will not know how Ron's day went until later tonight)At 12:30 I took a 30 minute brisk walk and did some chores to try to work up an appetite then I made myself eat pork with spice rub, an avocado and some steamed green beans --- but it was miserable.  Not that the food was not good...I AM JUST NOT HUNGRY!!  

I usually eat a very small mid morning breakfast and then nothing until dinner.  Will this get easier?

Yes it will get easier. Your body has learned to put up with the way you have been feeding it and it will take some coaxing to convince it that it isn't in a famine anymore and can use energy not store it. It's all about hormone rebalancing. Just keep making yourself eat 3 template meals at reasonable times and it should get better. Stay to the lower end of the template until you get your appetite back.

Thank you so much for your reply...after forcing myself to eat lunch...I did finally get hungry around 3:30 pm. This would be my normal snack time in my old life. I just got busy doing some planting and waited for dinner.

Day 2 update...

Ron and I are having very different experiences so far.

Last night my dad came to have dinner with me as Ron went to meet a friend just returning from afganastan. I marinated chicken breasts in a mixture of fresh pineapple juice, a little olive oil and some ginger..then I "breaded" it in crushed almonds and baked with fresh pineapple slices. I roasted several sliced and seasoned zuchinni to go along with it. It was quote tasty and super moist. My dad even liked it and he is not a chicken fan. I cleaned my plate and even had a 2nd helping of veggie. 1st meal i dis not have to force down. I thought I would want some sweet fruit afterwards but I was full and did not.

Ron ate out with our friend.. At a Japanese steakhouse. He had them cook plain steak and veggies with no sauces..he enjoyed it but has been very sick all night. Bad stomach cramps and general intestinal unhappiness, even slight fever and chills. He has not eaten anything yet today and I don't know that he will. I think it is too early in the program for him to have carb flu so I am thinking it may be a virus or food poisoning

and I am not really sure how he should proceed from here.

I would love some advice...does he start over at day one when he is feeling better as long as he hasn't had anything off program?

As for me...I feel great this morning although I did not sleep well due to a bad crick in my neck. :(

I made a weeks worth of sweet potato and apple hash last night to have a quick breakfast each morning. It was delicious and the coffee and coconut milk does not taste nearly as bitter this morning as it did yesterday.

Honestly that reaction sounds like they put something in his food that wasn't supposed to be there. I'm not an expert on this but I would say he could probably keep going as long as he doesn't eat anything off plan. Coconut water, compliant tea (read the ingredients), and bone broth will all help.

Well...much better around here this evening.  Ron is not 100% but definitely much better.  I am stiff and sore all over and have a bit of a headache but nothing unbearable.  

We had leftover chicken and zucchini for lunch today with a bit of watermelon.  Ron did not eat much but i was so hungry.  It was even better today than last night.  Dinner was outstanding as well.  We had pan fried fish.  I made a creamy Italian sauce with diced tomatoes, fresh basil and parsley, minced garlic, and coconut milk.  It was rich and thick and delicious. We had steamed green beans and cucumbers and onions in balsamic vinegar.   

This afternoon I mixed up some olive oil mayonnaise and ranch dressing (recipes from 'It starts with food') Some good friends (doing the whole 30 for the 2nd time to be supportive to us) shared their coconut oil with us so I did a double batch of the mayo and took them a jar as a thank you.

I am hoping these sore muscles are better tomorrow as I am planning to cut the grass, and pull weeds.

I am very satisfied at the end of day 2.

Well muscles are still pretty sore and I am so foggy headed and sleepy!  

Ron was much better by this morning.  We both had the morning mix for breakfast.  He loved it as much as i did but it would be better with sausage so today I am searching out sausage options.  Advice?

Also...only craving I have right now is CHEESE!!!  

Anything Whole 30 friendly that will give that sharp cheddar or bleu cheese taste?

Archived