My 2.5 Whole 30!

dotamy

Sun, Day 22

We took the kids to the zoo. Packed all my goodies in a refrigerated bag and off we went. Still having a hard time with appetite. Food is less revolting than it was last week, but now it just feel "stale." Clearly, it's my poor feeble mind resigning itself to its future. (But the mental tantrum that still shows up whenever I'm near eggs-chicken-coconut-sweet potato! It's funny now, but never at the time!)

But the zoo trip - wow. My eyes are just so open now to how obvious real sickness is. It broke my heart. I kept noticing heavy, heavy people heaving themselves up and down the hills of this zoo (one of the largest in the country), and even a sign that proclaimed at the top of a hill that it was "all downhill from here to the food court!" Sigh. They have signs that say their animals are on special diets so they stay healthy, but they feed people dippin' dots and pizza at the food court. :/

We got home after a lonnnnng day, I threw together a quick chicken curry with lots of my garden veggies and passed out. :)

Mon, Day 23

Crappy swim day. I just felt awful, and swam awful. Came home and ate breakfast, and felt like I was going to die. Thought I was coming down with something...tummy distress, overly sleepy, cranky...wondering if that was a big bacteria die-out?

Had cashews pre-WO, 3 eggs, tomato post - served as breakfast too. I've been playing with breakfast a little to see if I have been eating too much. Lunch was leftover chicken curry from the other night and a trilogy kombucha. Dinner was a really great ground beef/mushroom/tomato spaghetti sauce over warm broccoli slaw. New favorite!

Today, day 24

Day 24?!? How did that happen? I ate breakfast early because I woke up hungry! It felt like such a victory! Two scrambled eggs in coconut oil, whole tomato. Coffee w coconut cream. Super satisfying.

Lunch: came home and made my favorite salmon & sweet potato patties, knowing a big workout was tonight. Love those patties! Served over big bed of romaine, half avocado, half tomato, some sugar snap peas and homemade grapefruit vinaigrette. Had two dates alongside. Mmmm...

Pre-WO

Tsp coconut oil

WOD for bootcamp was :20 kettlebells, :15 run. Happy girl! I could have kept going and going...finished first whenever there was a finishing point.

Got home late, dinner/post-WO was leftover spag sauce on broccoli slaw.

Read a lot today on reentry to refresh, but I've already decided, I get my belated bday cupcake, a cup of yogurt and I begin again. :) My shorts were falling off of me today - I'm guessing I'm almost down a full size? Skin is sparkly, smooth, eyes are bright and shiny. I still have a lingering skin "thing" - rash I thought was nutritionally based, but may not be? I was hoping to get rid of it altogether, but it is lots less itchy, and smaller overall.

Day 25

Woke early for masters, ate tsp of coconut oil (I thought I got smart and bought a bag of unshelled boiled eggs. I opened the bag. Saw sad little misshapen white eggs at the bottom of the bag, felt barfy, decided I could do without.)

Swim was great - felt like I could swim forever. Happy.

Came home and immediately got down to crazy town. Kids all bezerker with no brekkies (scratch, toddler eating an old soy ice cream sandwich in a princess gown on the couch), friends coming over at lunch, various sporting and camping equipment akimbo. Sigh.

Friend brought kids lunch (!), hung for a bit and then I had lunch: Leftover chicken curry, apple, gingerade kombucha.

Thinking of going for long walk tonight.

Dinner will be grilled chicken, zucchini & squash, prolly sweet potato and manna.

Day 26

Wow! The web version of the forum is so much prettier than the mobile version! The mobile is utilitarian, the web version is like stepping into Nordstroms.

So...food...yeah. NOT HUNGRY. I open the pantry (I know better- there is NOTHING in there anymore. Tumbleweeds spill out of it by this point in my W30s.), I open the fridge...oh hey, eggs, sweet potato, chicken in a bag, blargh. I open cabinets with spices to see what piques my interest...maybe that will make me hungry? No...

I woke up at 7:30 again, made myself a busy bee, really wanted coffee. I hate thinking I may need to kick coffee...but I may need to. It *totally* is the appetite supressant it's claimed to be! So I made myself some, with coconut milk. I didn't eat until 11AM, forced some eggs (poured coconut milk on scrambled eggs...it's delicious!), and some carrots and sugar snap peas.

Lunch time came at 3:30...that's such a bad lunch time. Forced a leftover sweet potato/salmon patty, an apple and a whole tomato.

I have a big workout scheduled this evening and I'm worried I may have screwed the pooch with the no-eating thing. I want to eat - I do. It's like first trimester gross-out for me. (THAT"S NOT WHAT IT IS.) I would have paid, maimed, begged, etc to not have this on my SAD diet, and now that it's here, I don't like it. I've done my research, I know it's fluctuating hormones; I need to eat anyway. It is a source of frustration for me, clearly though. Veggies are at the top of the Do Not Want list right now, and while I eat my portion, I feel like my brain is acting like my 3yr old. Who coincidentally, is not making this easy for me, by EATING what I do make when its on MY plate. (I do just make more...;)

Eating a boiled egg & coconut oil preWO, and dinner will be postWO, bc I come home at 9pm. I'm leaving dinner to my dear husband, who knows the routine and is supportive, bc if I have to stand in front of that god-forsaken refrigerator one more time, I'm going to cry.

Day 27

Woke up refreshed, made myself eat a boiled egg with melted coconut oil and salt before I had time to object to my own idea!

Masters swim, another good day. I like my coach a lot - I really did think I was a good swimmer; a strong swimmer, before meeting her. She has gently showed me how wrong I was - and I love that. It's humbling to be in the water, to really feel like I knew what I was doing, and have someone totally (kindly) deconstruct it. She takes video of me regularly so I can see what changes have been made. Love that kind of positive reinforcement.

After swim, I ate...breakfast...LOL...it has totally escaped me...I REMEMBER...

Grassfed hamburger patty (TJs)

Fried egg

Romaine, whole tomato, mustard

Coffee w coconut cream

Ran a bunch of errands. My husband has his Go Ruck Challenge tonight - its a crazy overnight military-style challenge, wearing a huge rucksack filled with bricks, and run by members of Special Forces. I have done a Light version - which doesn't mean Easy - it means its DAY LIGHT. He needed a bunch of last minute stuff, and is trying mini sweet peppers stuffed with cashews. I really like that idea. He has done Challenges before, and I'm pretty certain I will do one too. 

We met him for lunch at a BBQ place. I think BBQ is the #1 reason I like living in NC. So we had smoked chicken (only smoked!), and I had a huge pile of collard greens. (They said it was just vinegar and spices...I believe it.)

I need to throw some dinner together. Likely something to use up LOTS of cucumbers. LOTS OF THEM. I picked five obscene ones this afternoon. They need their own channel, if you know what I mean. (EWWW) So some big-ass salad of sorts. 

I go with my husband tonight to his Welcome Party (the 2hr "opening" of his Challenge - 2hrs of PT essentially) to watch all the dumb men with some friends. It starts at 10PM. (Yes. Insanity. But he loves it.)

Day 28-

Saturday

Met with my girls for a fun HIIT/track bootcamp. My food was all compliant, but 100% messed up. Timing was off - had to get my husband from his Go Ruck at 11AM and they were brutalized. "Worst" one yet. (Which just means he's a junkie and can't wait for the next one.) I was either hanging out while the guys did their immediate post-game rehash, or taking the role of End Sherpa and bringing him back down the mountain. (Recovery from this kind of endurance event is unreal.)

Day 29

Sunday

Rest day!!! Yes!!! Ate a slow scrambled eggs/avocado/tomato breakfast. Lunch was my first venture into Chipotle for their "compliant" carnitas salad. (Having since learned about the soy crap they may have started putting in the meat, but sigh.)

Trip to TJ's, trip to Costco, babying my husband for the final 24 hrs LOL...

Dinner was chicken cooked in coconut oil, half a sweet potato, and a huge cucumber/tomato/red onion/olive oil salad.

And today TODAY is DAY 30!!!

So I finished! YAY! After dinner that night, my husband got me a beer and it was AWESOME. I've stayed on plan, with the exception of my beloved yogurt and a cup of ice cream. I'm not touching gluten or dealing with the stuff I know makes me looney.

So - this may be better asked in another forum - but I have never done well with adding food back in. (Specifically in terms of quantity or timing.) So I eat a yogurt at breakfast, yay, but the protein amount is too low, and there's obviously no veggies in just yogurt...so....??? It made me too full to eat anything else, and I spent a good part of the day feeling off-kilter. Thoughts? Ideas?

Beginning my next 30 in a few (maybe 2-3) days.

Archived