I accidentally ate some butter. Does this mean I have to start over?

Its day 5. I slept about 3 hours last night because my toddler didnt sleep well. I have a 9 am doctor apt and Im trying to get the kids ready and fit a healthy breakfast in. So Im sauteeing my veggies in EVO in one pan and in another I have butter, for the little girls who wont eat veggies in their eggs-plain for them (Im just happy they are eating eggs.)Anyway, I beat 5 eggs in a bowl and in my tired state I accidentally pour too much in the butter pan and leave myself with apx one egg. Instead of being smart about it and just beating more eggs, the frugal side of me who wants the eggs to last, pours the butter eggs into my own pan of veggies. And the worst part. It DOESNT EVEN CROSS MY MIND until Im done and my mouth feel FILMY and GROSS. Totally gross. Who knew my tastes would change so fast! Im pretty happy Id prefer to ditch the butter....but..

the inevitable question is, did that teaspoon of butter I consumed catapult me right back to the starting line??? I really hope not. Cause I feel good, in between mood swings and headaches of course (lol), and my belly is obviously smaller this morning. My will power has been strong, no cheating AT ALL. Im just a tired, sleep deprived mom.

So, give it to me...gently please...but I really I want to hear..."Of course you don't! Keep going!!!" Could it be so? :rolleyes:

• Moderators

You might be okay. The amount of dairy proteins in a bit of butter can cause gut issues for sensitive people, but maybe you are not especially sensitive. Here is what I suggest: Make sure you don't consume any more dairy for the next 30 days. In another 25 days, you can begin reintroducing grains, sugar, etc., but wait on dairy for 30 days. That way you make sure you have been dairy free for 30 days before testing even though you complete your Whole30 earlier and begin your reintroduction testing.

Archived