Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

So the soy lecithin is the trigger, but not the ice cream!  Wild.  I'd never even thought about considering the other ingredients and just assumed dairy was the trigger.  Hmm - this gives me some hope that maybe I'll test out some ice cream next month, but I'll make sure to check ingredients.  I've been kinda floating along thinking the soy in products isn't that big a deal, yet I do know that whenever I ate tofu or soy milk, I'd notice it in my system.  

Hope you feel better and have a productive day!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I eat dairy pretty frequently actually and it is usually fine. I did have a gurgly tummy reaction when I had a Starbucks latte after my initial 30 day challenge, but I've not gotten that from any other dairy so far. That is the nice thing about introducing super specific things. I actually determined soy is a probably for me some time ago (I did the Clean Program April 2012) and I suspect it was some sort of soy that gave me the meltdown from the food truck thai food I had a few months ago pre-W30 but post Practical Paleo 30 days.

Aside from being pretty tired and getting out of the house super late I am having a pretty good day so far. Managed to get a couple of packages shipped that I have been putting off for a while. Also finally returned our modem to Comcast (we bought our own) and the lady there was super nice and reduced our current bill for us (by almost half) and got us a transfer deal for when we move that will make our bill about 1/3 of what it is now guaranteed for 2 years. *insert fist pump here* This will help a lot.

Happy that you are not sick, just soy reactiin. I have reaction to it too. Took me a while to find good chocolate at decent price without this nastiness. It's just a stabilizer that makes the shelf life longer. We don't want that :)

I tried coconut bloss bar and boy it hurt so bad. I used to be a gelato junkie. Take it or leave it now, really. Maaagic.

So cool about the coat. I am sad that summer is over, but very excited about the warm scarves and boots to come into the scene.

Nadia: I really have no excuse other than laziness to buy any ice cream from the store. I have Popsicle molds and an ice cream maker. Need to just keep good things in my freezer so I have no excuse to succumb. The coconut bliss bars make my tummy hurt a little too but not as bad as these did. They don't have soy in them but they have agave which I also think doesn't sit well with me.

Jen: I was pleasantly surprised with the cable thing. Last time we moved they told me they couldn't do anything for me to lower my bill but they could add phone and premium movie channels for what we were already paying. I was like...I don't want those things...can't you just lower my bill. Apparently going into the store and waiting in the long line is better than calling up so I will always do that for now on. But luckily won't have to for 2 years. Yay! :)

Yesterday was an OK day. Was raining and thundering in the morning so I didn't get out for my run and I had slept so late I was rather late for work anyway. Got my errands done in the morning and went to TJs to get cucumbers and baby carrots to have with my tuna. While there I was heading toward the dry mangos and the olive oil potato chips caught my eye. I didn't buy the mangos but I did buy the chips.  :ph34r:  :rolleyes:

Wish I had brought what I needed to run outside with me to work because it got really nice in the afternoon/evening. Got in my car to go to the gym and run on the dreadmill but decided I was tired and would just skip it. Sun was going down by the time I got home. Only chore I got done last night was a load of laundry. Watched Breaking Pointe and So You Think You Can Dance. Husband came down while I was watching SYTYCD and started drying to put our apartment layout into VISO and kept asking me questions in the middle of routines. I finally asked him to wait until the routine was over to talk to me because pausing and restarting in the middle ruins the flow for me. He stayed home yesterday and still didn't do any packing.  :angry:

Slept pretty well last night though woke around 2 am because I had a dream where my mother and I were screaming at each other. Not sure where that came from it was really weird. Dismissed my alarm when it went off at 6:15 and finally got up around 7:30 after laying in bed mostly awake for 30 minutes while beefy cat purred on the pillow next to me. Almost 8 hours so that is good.

Tummy was still a little upset yesterday but seems to be doing better today. 

Yesterday's Food:

M1: 4 fried eggs, largish sweet potato diced and pan fried in coconut oil with cinnamon, bacon, black coffee

M2: can of yellowfin tuna in olive oil with mayo, 2 Persian cucumbers, 2-3 handfuls of baby carrots, olive oil potato chips (too many)

8 oz coffee, bottle of kombucha

M3: Shepherd's Pie (well fed) with mayo 

Morning all. Yesterday was a pretty good day. Got a nice 3 mile easy run in. Wasted a bunch of time playing Magic online while waiting for my produce order instead of cleaning/sorting/packing.  :rolleyes: Had a nice walk to Starbucks with my friend who is starting to delve into the Paleo lifestyle after my trying to convince her to try it for a while now. Resisted the pumpkin spice latte (my favorite) and just got my americano. Got a ton of boxes and some nice conversation with a friend from the gym. Had a good night at community group and got more boxes from one of the families in our group. Went to PCC to get bacon and they didn't have mine.  :(  As I'm post W30 now I just got the next best thing which has sugar in it. Tastes so different! Succumbed to buying some ice pops. Triple checked the ingredients. Got home and put my purchases away, fed the cats, played some Magic and ate an ice pop, and to bed. Slept fine until it started thundering around 4:45 am. Couldn't get back to sleep so read facebook on my phone (stupid I know). Still couldn't get back to sleep so turned the light on and read until about 7 am. Was able to sleep on and off after that and got up around 9 when beefy cat started walking on my pillow and licking my hands.  :rolleyes: About 7 hours of sleep total but I don't really feel rested. Debating whether to run today or not. It's getting late. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, raw cheddar, black coffee

Exercise: 3 mile easy run

M2: 4 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, baby carrots, olive oil kettle chips

Walk to Starbucks (about 1.5 mile round trip), grande Americano

Kombucha

M3: 2 medium zucchini's worth of zoodles with marinara sauce (against all grain), turkey taco meat from my freezer, red leaf lettuce salad (about half a head) with homemade vinaigrette and mayo dressing. 

Hibiscus Mint Ice Pop 

Oh packing stress and different packing styles!  I hope my husband is gone on some trip when we finally move because I think I'll be far happier just doing it all than comparing our different styles.  Okay - that's not a wish I really want to happen, but seeing others procrastinate stresses me out (though I'm quite good at procrastinating as well!).   We had some great rain the other night.  Not thunderstorms, but good rain nonetheless.  It's a wonderful sound to hear if you're gonna be up.  Hope you sleep well tonight.

Ugh, moving. My husband suggested that when its time, I move home early and he do all the packing and moving. I laughed out loud.

Good luck!

:lol: I don't know if I trust my husband to pack my things. It will all get done. It always does. Just an added stress. Hopefully the end result will be a lot less stress in day to day life though as we will remove our 30-60 minute commute (each way) in a car.

For sure Jen!

Yesterday was kind of a crappy day. I was overtired and that led to me being oversensitive. I literally started bawling my eyes out and getting a panic attack about something that really wasn't that big of a deal. Glad I was the only one still in the office. I have not had an emotional over reaction like that in months. I am supposed to get my period tomorrow so I'm sure that didn't make anything better. Oh and geez do I really need to get my period tomorrow when I'm running a race the next day. *sigh*

Anyway, put myself to bed at a reasonable hour (though I could have gone earlier) but we had crazy thunderstorms last night and I hate thunderstorms so I was awake until 11:30 anyway. Even had a power knockout for about a minute which is rare at our house. Was so weird. 

For what it's worth food was mostly fine yesterday. I did skip my run again. I hope the skipped runs in my taper week don't negatively impact my results on Sunday. By the time I got going yesterday it was just too late to go out and I just wasn't feeling it. Ugh!

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, 4 strips bacon (with sugar...ick), black coffee

M2: yellowfin tuna in olive oil with mayo, 2 persian cucumbers, half a plateful of baby carrots, olive oil potato chips (all gone now).

kombucha

M3: shepherd's pie (well fed) with mayo, red leaf lettuce salad with homemade vinaigrette/mayo dressing

hibiscus mint ice pop

Not entirely sure what I'm eating today. I have been kind of wasting my time this morning and I have an appointment at our storage place at 11 am so I guess I ought to get moving. Need to figure out the furniture stuff tonight too so we know tomorrow what is going to storage and good will and the dump while we have a truck to move it all in and help lifting it.

Hang in there! Short commute is well worth it! I can't even imagine that it took me 1 hour to get to my office a year ago. Stress out big once and save yourself from future stress. 

You have your hubby and a car. All will be fine, promise! 

Hibiscus mint ice pop sounds divine. 

Hang in there! Short commute is well worth it! I can't even imagine that it took me 1 hour to get to my office a year ago. Stress out big once and save yourself from future stress. 

You have your hubby and a car. All will be fine, promise! 

Hibiscus mint ice pop sounds divine. 

Thanks for that! The ice pops are really nice. 2nd ingredient is sugar so definitely not something to buy often but a nice treat right now.

Sweet potato fries are my favorite!  Sounds delicious.

I'm sure they are battered and cooked in canola oil...but once in a while they are a nice treat and they are so delicious. Besides I'm running a half marathon on Sunday so I'm starchy veggie loading seeing I don't "carb load" anymore.  :lol:

Thanks KitchenWitchy! I feel like I'm getting nothing done at all!

Figured out what furniture is staying and going and tentatively where to put the furniture that is staying. Assisted in desk disassemble. Tired and hungry. Snack then bed. Going to be a long day tomorrow. 

Morning all. Why is it so easy for me to sleep in on a weekday and not on the weekend?  :rolleyes: Woke up around 6 this morning and just could not go back to sleep. Probably because my mind is spinning with all the stuff I need to do today. Hopefully I'll be tired enough to fall asleep early tonight so I can get up at 4:30 for my race tomorrow.  :blink:

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee

M2: bunless burger from whole foods with cheddar cheese, avocado, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, and sweet potato fries, 16 oz Americano

Kombucha

M3: Pad Thai (from Well Fed) using broccoli, bunch onions, and zoodles instead of snap peas, regular onions, and spaghetti squash. Didn't like it as much with the broccoli as with the snap peas. Eating this meal made me sweat.  :wacko: So tasty though! Added a small amount of cashews too...all I had left.

Hibiscus Mint Ice Pop

M4: (I was so hungry before bed) 2 fried eggs, bacon, banana

I ate a lot of bacon yesterday! Yum!  :P

Woo hoo race day! I surprisingly managed to eek out 6 hours of sleep to which is pretty good for me on the night before a race. It wasn't the most restful sleep I've had but I don't feel like a complete zombie right now. Ask me again at the end of the day though. I forsee a face plant into bed tonight. Big worries right now are that I forgot to buy coconut water and body glide. Hope it isn't too hot so I do ok without the former (or can find some to purchase pre-race) and that I can eek enough of the later out of what I have left. 

Yesterday was crazy but there is a lot less stuff in the house now. Took a big load to Good Will (missed one bookshelf that will thankfully fit in my car) and another big load to our storage unit. Took some odds and ends to the local transfer station. Husband wouldn't let me come back for the car and we walked up the hill from dropping off the truck which surprised me. I didn't think he would want to. Normally this would thrill me but I was dehydrated and tired and had already exerted myself more than I wanted to pre-race. Had totally intended to get more packing done last night but didn't. Should have changed out of my sweaty clothes as soon as I got home. I now have a chaffed spot on my left arm which is sure to be fun today.  :rolleyes: Husband ordered pizza and I was sorely tempted to get some too. But I refrained. I did have white rice for dinner though in the name of carb loading.  :ph34r:

One more note. I finally opened one of my pickle jars yesterday. Is it normal for there to be a little white slime? They taste very strong and are not as crisp as I would like but I also let my cucumbers sit a bit too long before doing the pickles. I didn't like them warm so I put that jar in the fridge and will try another today maybe. I need to clean out the fridge so I can get the rest in.

Meals/Activity Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee (must get back to my morning kraut)

Clear off all furniture that was going elsewhere and help husband take apart the guest bed.

M2: 2 grass fed burgers with raw cheddar and mayo, 2 largish carrots

Help with truck loading, mostly in a move things out of the way capacity but did take several trips up and down stairs with bins for the storage unit.

Help with truck unloading, mostly guard duty while the boys (we had 2 helpers) took stuff up to the storage unit

~1 mile walk up the hill after dropping the truck off

Hibiscus mint ice pop

M3: 3 fried eggs, bacon, largish sweet potato made into sweet and savory potatoes (practical paleo), 1 cup white rice

PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2:26:51 Still waiting for my official chip time but I think my watch time is pretty darn accurate.

Not that I'm excited or anything. ;-) Went out with a goal of 2:29 or better planning to run negative splits 1-6: 11:36, 7: 11:22, 8-13:11:08 Didn't totally turn out that way but I got the job done. There was a 2:30 pacer (yay!) so I made sure I could always see her (if I can see her I can catch her), passed her just before the 7 mile marker, and then just made sure she stayed behind me. ;-) I was really dragging miles 11 and 12 but as soon as I saw the 12 mile marker I picked it up and I ran the last .1 as fast as I could go! Best of all no walking. I really loved this course. Completely flat run through farmland. Stayed overcast the entire time which helped keep us cool. Strong headwind most of the way back.

Splits: 11:27, 11:24, 11:19, 11:14, 11:08, 11:03, 11:06, 11:08, 11:09, 11:16, 11:22, 11:15, 10:13

post-19395-0-88628700-1378693219_thumb.j

Archived