Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ladies! It was an awesome and crazy day. After the race I drove home, showered, dress, and raced off to church with 2 larabars in hand. Was a little late but caught most of the awesome sermon. Out to lunch at Cactus after church and then a trip to Starbucks. My 5-24 mo old room was insane at the 4pm service. So many kids and several we had to page out because we couldn't calm them down. The oldest in the room kept building things to stand on so he could try and open the door to escape. Suffice to say I got home exhausted and sore. I made the choice to get Pad Thai for dinner and just put the cherry on top of my off road day. It was as good as I remembered it and totally worth it. My period was nice enough to wait until after all this craziness to get going in earnest and I ended up taking an advil before bed (and after my 2nd shower of the day) so I would be able to sleep. Woke up around 4 am and took another. Slept almost 9 whole hours! Woke up 6x though the first 3 on my zeo log I don't remember. I don't even remember my husband coming to bed. I was just a bit tired eh?

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, bacon, black coffee

Exercise: Half Marathon woot woot! ;)

Snack: 2 banana pieces and 2 apple pieces after the race (they had gluten free bread that I almost tried but it didn't look worth it) I ate 2 larabars on the way to church

M2: Burrita Lenera from Cactus - Chicken, rice, black beans, cheese, buttermilk crema, and guacamole in a very thin flour tortilla (it was kind of crispy) with drizzles of sour cream.

Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte with whole milk and half the syrup. This is my favorite Starbucks drink and I had a free drink on my card so I splurged. No tummy upset like the last time I had a latte (back in April)

M3: Chicken Pad Thai - spicy enough to make my nose run 

Half marathon - Huge Woot Woot!

And chicken spicy Phad Thai sounds delicious.  I remember a little place in Wallingford that had great Phad Thai.  In my memory, it has become The Best Phad Thai.  That with a beer sounds pretty darn good at this second!  Oh my - and a pumpkin spice latte - isn't that the best as temps cool off.

You are definitely doing great things.

Thanks! Definitely feeling all that off road food a little bit today. Or might just be the time of the month thing. Might cut out of work early tonight and try and get some more packing done and get my kitchen in some sort of order tonight.

We are looking at record highs in this week coming up. Going to make packing all that much more fun. Of course it is supposed to rain the day of our move.  :rolleyes:

It's probably both TOM and off road eating.  You'll feel back to sorts soon.  I'm in the same boat - bloated and blah from all the banana bread yesterday (that's a lot of almonds!).  Hoping to get back to the routine today and feel normal tomorrow.  I'm sure they'll be wrong and it won't rain the day of your move.  They're always wrong.  Although in Seattle, I guess if they say it will rain, they have a good chance of being right. :)

All bets are off on the weather. It has been a fairly atypical year. We had an early summer and it seems we are going to have an early fall. As we are hiring professional movers I'm actually a little less worried about rain on Sunday than the high heat we are supposed to have the rest of the week as we have so much packing still to do and my husband (who for the record likes to crank up the heat in the winter) absolutely turns into a zombie when it is hot. And of course we don't have AC. I guess we will see.

My legs hurt and I was tired when I got home last night so ended up laying in bed reading and getting nothing done myself. Turned out the light around 11 (dang good books!) and managed about 7.25 hours of sleep. I know I got up to use the bathroom at some point but my Zeo says I didn't wake up last night. I didn't look at the clock so I don't know what time that was. It might be almost time to give up on the Zeo. I'm not sure how accurate it is anymore.

I think I'm going to drive in and go to Body Pump and then drive home and work from home today. Partially because I have no food prepped and partially so maybe I can get some more packing done. This is also supposed to be the coolest weekday we have this week. I figure if I work for 30 mins and pack/clean for 30 mins all day I should make progress on both.

My husband got home from work very late last night and didn't take the recycle and trash to the curb so I just threw on a sweatshirt and my sandals and did it because we absolutely can't miss a trash day this close to the move. I already realized that I'm probably going to have to drive up next Monday and Tuesday to take care of the bins as it is. Better than commuting all week though and I can wait until the traffic is easy.

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee

M2: paleo pad thai (well fed) 

kombucha

M3: apple, 3 lamb and spinach muffins (well fed) w/ mayo

dried mangos - I bought the ones with sugar and other crap by accident and didn't realize until I opened the bag. They were so sticky and sweet. I ended up throwing half the bag away.

picked at some coconut butter, ate a banana, and had some raw cheddar before bed

Good morning! So had a fairly productive day yesterday. Could have been more productive but it was more productive than some of the days I have been having at work lately so I will take it. Got some of the mess in my kitchen cleaned up but then lost motivation to tackle the fridge. I did somehow make enough room in there to put my pickle jars in so I finally got the other 3 in the fridge...well other 2. I opened the third and it had black fuzzy mold on the top (eww) and I know the book says you can just remove that but I'm already not sure I'm happy with how these turned out so down the disposal went the entire jar. Made some progress on work stuff, shredded a bunch of old papers that have been in a bin since we moved here 2 years ago (and I have another bin to go), recycled my cooking light and everyday food magazines along with all my grocery isle "cookbooks" and some pampered chef cookbooks. Packed a bunch of other cookbooks up to take to 1/2 Price Books. Got 2 small boxes mostly packed. Progress. Not enough. But progress. Also got some laundry done. Overall a good day. I meant to do packing in the commercial breaks of the So You Think You Can Dance finale last night but once my tush hit that couch it was over. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

Exercise: Body Pump 75

Post Workout Snack: banana, kraut, 2 fried eggs

M2: grass fed rib eye steak, roasted potato and sweet potato (small of both), ear of corn (I got 4 ears in my box last week and they are local and organic so they will get eaten...might freeze the other two though). 

M3: wild canned salmon with mayo, small salad cucumber, 2 carrots

Picked at some raw cheddar and coconut butter before bed. Might be time to put the coconut butter out of direct eyeline. 

Forgot to mention I got 2 new paleo cookbooks delivered yesterday! "Make Ahead Paleo" and "The Paleo Slow Cooker" 

I'm excited for things to calm down so I can explore all my new cookbooks more. Things have just been so crazy here that cooking has been an after thought so not much creative going on. Trying to eat my freezer leftovers too. Also excited that I should be able to come home and eat dinner from now on even if I end up going back to work later. With such a short commute it will be nice to just bring lunch and even be able to come home for lunch on the days I'm really scrambling. 

I love how it feels after I've cleared things out, but it's sometimes so hard to do!  Magazines can be especially hard because they're nice to refer back to - except, of course, I rarely do.

We live in a small town - being able to get from work to home quickly is something we appreciate.

I've been curious about both of those books you've ordered - especially the slow cooker.  We never use our crock pot, but I think it's because we've just never really learned what to do with it.  Good luck packing!

Thanks Juzbo!

I will definitely give reports on the cookbooks once I start cooking from them. I've flipped through both and am looking forward to getting into them. Make Ahead Paleo has a photo with every recipe which I love. The Paleo Slow Cooker does not but I would say at least half of the recipes have photos. Lots of lamb recipes in the Paleo Slow Cooker which I appreciate!

Yesterday was HOT! Set a record high for the day hot! I'm going to work from home again today even though it is supposed to again be hot. We'll see how that goes. I just need to get more packing done. Got my last produce delivery yesterday.  :( Lots more potatoes. Yikes. Saw evidence yesterday that my body definitely doesn't fully digest corn. Got another ear of it in my box too. Finally got through the fridge and cleaned some stuff out. Finally picked apart my chicken that I cooked and then I put all the drippings and bones into a freezer bag to make broth after we move. My friend and I did our normal walk to Starbucks yesterday which was perhaps a mistake given how hot it was. Community group was pretty low key as we were all trying not to melt into little puddles. So glad I opened wide the curtains in the bedroom yesterday because by the time we went to bed there was a cool breeze blowing in. Got about 7.75 hours of sleep waking once around 2 am. Got up briefly around 6:30 to close the black out shades and shut my alarm off. Zeo didn't acknowledge that one. Slept until about 7:30. Was having weird dreams about my upcoming Water in Motion training. Feel like I have a scratchy throat today. Hope it is just because I ate a piece of Brie that my friends 3 year old didn't want out of his Starbucks snack and not because I'm getting yet another summer cold. 

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, spinach, bacon, kraut, black coffee

Exercise: 3 mile easy pace run

M2: lamb burger with mayo, roasted white potato and sweet potato chunks

Kombucha

Exercise: walk to and from Starbucks ~1.5 miles

Snacks: small piece of brie, grande iced Americano, bag of dried mangos (just mangos this time)

M3: orange sesame chicken (Against All Grain) with cauliflower rice (last from my freezer - didn't sit well in my tummy - don't know if it was the recipe, the almost past due chicken I used when I made it)

Your poor Zeo doesn't seem to be catching things does it - that's a bit frustrating I bet.  It would be nice to have good data on sleep.  An iced Americano sounds like a wonderful thing.  Cauliflower not so much.  I just haven't fallen for it yet, but I did read an article last night (on yahoo) about roasting it for an hour at a high heat.  The claim is that then it is super delicious.  I'm skeptical but I might try it.  Good luck in the heat.  

Your poor Zeo doesn't seem to be catching things does it - that's a bit frustrating I bet.  It would be nice to have good data on sleep.  An iced Americano sounds like a wonderful thing.  Cauliflower not so much.  I just haven't fallen for it yet, but I did read an article last night (on yahoo) about roasting it for an hour at a high heat.  The claim is that then it is super delicious.  I'm skeptical but I might try it.  Good luck in the heat.  

So far I like cauliflower best in a mashed version. I've made the cauliflower hummus from practical paleo as well and it is yummy. I do think I need to be careful what I combine cauliflower with. I suspect it is slightly irritating to me and when combined with other slightly irritating foods makes it very irritating. I think I'm going to do some more focused testing on fodmaps and nightshades once the dust settles on the move.

The Zeo sensor pad is technically supposed to be changed every 3-4 months. I don't use any product on my face so I've had this one almost a year. Sadly Zeo went out of business. I still think I get pretty good data and the smart wake still works for the most part so I'll keep using it until it completely dies probably.

Morning folks! Had a pretty productive day yesterday! I was sore, tired, and sweaty for most of it but I got a lot done. I even contemplated taking a shower before I went to Body Pump.  :rolleyes: After class I decided I needed ice cream. I about got frost bite standing in the freezer isle checking all the packages until I found something that sounded delicious and was free of soy, carageenen, and agave (which I suspect I'm sensitive too). Walked away with a pint of coconut sorbet and a pint of frozen mango kefir. I need to address this whole "felt like I needed/deserved" issue again once the dust settles on the move. I don't have the head space for it right now but I know that I need to reign that in again before it gets out of control. I may have eaten the entire pint of coconut sorbet last night too.  :rolleyes: Slept alright, kept waking up and my head would get all busy with the what ifs and planning of the next few days. Managed close to 8 hours though so that is good. Class was really good last night and I pushed myself pretty hard. One of the regular gals was back after being gone for a while and she commented on how good I was looking and was saying she just couldn't seem to get rid of the belly fat. I mentioned I had radically changed how I was eating and she said that she was working with a dietitian and mentioned thyroid. I told her that I had found a lot of great results in a mostly paleo diet but I don't think she wanted to hear it. :( 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

Pack all the things!

M2: Zoodles, ground beef, pasta sauce (sugar free from TJs with a little parm cheese in it)

Pack all the things!

Kombucha

M3: Canned wild salmon with mayo, salted sliced cucumber, 2 big fat carrots 

Body Pump 78

Pint of Coconut Sorbet  :ph34r:

I'm so grateful that the increase in food movements like vegan, gluten free and paleo have made things like coconut sorbe available!  It makes life with a food allery kid SO MUCH EASIER!  My son loves coconut sorbet.  It makes it possible for him to feel like a normal kid.  Maybe we shouldn't eat a whole pint :) but it's a great thing to find the cleanest possible option of a food we want!  I struggle with the need to treat myself or that I deserve something, too.  I don't know if that feeling will ever go away.  I think our best option is to redirect it to non-food treats. 

BodyPump!  I <3 BodyPump!  I'm actually a BP instructor.  :)  We just got it this year at my gym, and I'd never done it before the certification, so I know only 80, and 84-87. Last week I had to teach 4 in 5 days...that was insane.

It's *so* hard when you think you have info that could really help someone but they don't want to hear it.  I can't tell you how often I've heard "but I *LOOOOOOVE* pasta" or "I could *never* give up ____"  Excuses, excuses.  It's sad, and so sad that low carb diets have become seen as a "trend", when up until like the 1970s they were the standard for weight loss (and just basically how everyone ate before processing went ballistic!)

I love BodyPump too! Been doing it for a little over 2 years now and have so enjoyed the process of upping my weights. 78 is hard but super fun. It was the 4th of July launch at our gym in 2012 I believe. I'm going to be training to teach Water in Motion in October and my friend who teaches BodyPump is going to help me make a list of what I need to focus on to pass certification in the Spring/Summer for BP. I still struggle mostly with body weight exercises but they get easier as I get stronger and lighter. I always joke that I've been taking weight off a bunch of my tracks. I started BP at 236 lbs and last weigh in I was 182.4.

When my friends give me the "I could never" excuse I usually say "no you could you just don't want to." I try to remember I was there too. When I first heard about paleo from a friend I said something like "I'm so glad that it works for you but it isn't for me". A year later I had to eat crow. I would rather someone be ready to try it than not. But I'll keep giving the same response when people ask me what I've been doing because I look so great. ;)

While I've been spending time going through stuff and shredding old papers I came across all my 24 hour fitness personal training food and exercise logs. Two things struck me. One - I was eating not a lot of food and most of it was garbage (seriously had a meal that only had an ounce of chicken breast in one of my logs). Two - My body fat was about 8% higher than it is now at the same weight.

Good morning! Had a productive morning and not so productive rest of the day. Got a 3 mile easy run in. Took a bag of clothes that were too big for me to a friend, took a load of stuff to Good Will, and took several bags of books to Half Priced Books (and got $38 for my trouble woot!). Got to work and just couldn't get motivated. Being alone in the office doesn't help. We signed our lease, forked over a big check, and got our keys to our apartment in the late afternoon. On the drive home I started feeling just exhausted and very hungry. Got home and made dinner in my messy kitchen and ate and played on the computer. Finally dragged myself off the computer and cleaned up my kitchen and took myself to bed at like 9 pm. I think I fell asleep around or before 11. I forgot to put my Zeo on. Woke up around 2 and despite being a zombie when I went to bed I was wide awake worrying about everything we still need to do and where we are going to put our furniture and blah blah blah.  :wacko: Finally ended up getting out of bed and on the computer for an hour or so. Went back to bed and beefy cat jumped up next to my face as soon as I settled in and started head butting me and licking me and walking on my pillow. Tried to sleep for another hour and then decided to read for a while. Finally went back to sleep around 6 am and then slept fitfully until 9. So today will be interesting. Coffee maker might be last thing in the kitchen to get packed.  :ph34r:

Today is PACK ALL THE THINGS FOR REAL day! ;) Looks like I will have one helper as my friend who lives say down south left her day timer in a store when she was up this way on Thursday and needs to retrieve it so she offered to come help us pack as she will be up this way anyway. I originally had planned to go to Body Pump this morning and take a load of things to the apartment when I did but as I didn't get anything done last night and I slept so poorly decided to ditch that. Would like to get done early enough to take a few carloads. We'll see. The movers are coming between 8 and 9 am so we really need to be done tonight.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M2: 4 grass fed hot dogs lettuce wrapped with mayo and mustard, 2 fat carrots

Kombucha

M3: 2 sugar free mild Italian pork sausages, 1 russet potato and 1 yam diced and tossed in bacon fat and garlic salt and cinnamon and baked in the oven

Moving day! Not really ready but we still have until the end of the month to get all the odds and ends. As long as the majority of the stuff and the furniture gets moved its good. Took the poor cats over to the apartment last night so they could get acclimated. Locked in a bathroom of course. Beefy cat told us how she felt about the trip very loudly all the way.  :rolleyes:

Food was awful yesterday as to be expected when ones kitchen is packed. I know I could have prepared better but I didn't. Probably will be awful today too but hopefully I can get enough of the kitchen unpacked tonight so that I can be back in the saddle tomorrow. Only got about 5 hours of sleep last night mostly because I couldn't get my brain to turn off. I fell asleep on my kindle twice, turned out the light and then couldn't sleep. 

Food/Movement Yesterday

Pack all the things!

M2: 3 skinny slices landmark pizza (sundried tomato pesto sauce, sausage, spinach, ricotta cheese, garlic, mozz)

Pack all the things!

M3: 2 skinny slices landmark pizza

Pack all the things!

Kombucha

Frozen Mango Kefir (whole pint  :ph34r:)

M4: 2 skinny slices landmark pizza

Moving Day!!!  Exciting.  

Waking up in the middle of the night with all the thoughts - not so exciting.

Your chatting about Body Pump is like a whole new language!  I know nothing about it and so it was kinda fun reading the messages above about 78 being fun and .....    Oh, the things I miss by not living in the city!!

Good luck - Have fun.  Enjoy sleeping in your new home!

Archived