Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I hope the move went well!  Sorry about the bad night sleep.  I had that Saturday night, too.  I'm kind of sad that I'm done with BP.  It was fun.  I need to figure out a new schedule for exercise now that the summer/no activities/Y membership is done and we're on to school/soccer/scouts/super busy.  It probably involves getting up early, which is why I am procrastinating. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the move went well!  Sorry about the bad night sleep.  I had that Saturday night, too.  I'm kind of sad that I'm done with BP.  It was fun.  I need to figure out a new schedule for exercise now that the summer/no activities/Y membership is done and we're on to school/soccer/scouts/super busy.  It probably involves getting up early, which is why I am procrastinating. :)

There is an at home version of Body Pump. They sell it on Amazon.

So the move went well. It's kind of an ongoing process. We still have a bunch of stuff up at the house. Probably will end up taking a trip up there once a day until it is done. I would like everything of ours out of the house by the end of the weekend, we will see. Trying to set up carpet cleaning for the 28th. Our cable/internet did not work on plug in  :rolleyes: which is annoying. Missing my season premiers! Comcast is coming out on Wednesday evening. Couple of minor issues with the apartment to work out as well. Overall everything is coming together though. Have my kitchen pretty much unpacked and will probably tweek things as I see how I work in it. Was nice yesterday to be able to cook though after a couple of days of crap food. My stomach is still not entirely pleased with all the pizza and such. Drank too much coffee on Sunday so was awake most of the night again. Last night I finally got some good sleep. Running and Body Pump are on hold though for the time being as I'm so very sore from all the moving activities. Will need to find some time to do meal planning tonight and hopefully get to the grocery store tomorrow.

Food the last two days:

Sunday

M1: Venti Americano and Gouda, Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich from Starbucks (this was NOT filling)

M2: Kind of took bites of leftover pizza as I went by it while the movers did their magic. Not really a meal by any standards.

M3: After the movers were finally done unloading I was sooo hungry. Went to Whole Foods to get a burger - bunless with cheddar, avocado, lettuce, bacon, and mushrooms. Of course sweet potato fries. Almost bought ice cream but settled for a dark chocolate/coconut bar instead that I nibbled on after dinner.

Monday

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee (awww...normalcy)

M2: Whole Foods burger that my husband wouldn't eat because it had fancy condiments  :rolleyes: minus the bun plus bacon and raw cheddar, 2 grass fed hot dogs, carrots, celery, mayo

M3: Zoodles (my zoodler sticks to the counters in the apartment...hooray!), pasta sauce from TJs, 2 mild Italian pork sausages

I'm glad the move went well.  All the details that go with moving are such a pain. Cable is the worst!  But, soon, you will be all settled in and it will be worth it.  Yay for zoodles!  I need to get a big zucchini next week at the farmer's market and make some.  It's been a while.

I'm finally using up all the ones I had. Sadly had to toss my summer squash as it got mushy. Going to check out a new CSA on Friday afternoon. It's a farm pickup one but it is just a short drive away and they have free u-pick of herbs, greens, and flowers for members during the regular season (ends in late October) and I can order winter shares which is organic produce at wholesale prices. Want to try it out for the rest of the season. Worried it might be too much for me but maybe that will push me to consume more produce. I'm starting to wonder if I need to cut back a touch on the protein and focus on getting 2-3 different veggies per meal. All ponderings to ponder. :) 

I was going to stick it in the slow cooker this morning but the curry sauce I have is still in the fridge at the house. Doh! I meant to get more from the fridge last night but didn't get to it.

Walked to work today! Glorious! Took me about 20 minutes. Got to walk with hubby to his bus stop too.  :wub:

Drove in yesterday because I had to go back to the apartment in the afternoon for a maintenance appointment and a friend came by and took all our empty boxes (yay room to walk around!), back to work for a little while, then back to the apartment to grab the house keys, and up for another load of stuff, cleaning up a little (showing the house today) and taking the trash bins in. Stopped at PCC on my way up and got some groceries and ate dinner from the hot bar which was a mistake I paid for latter. Tummy was so angry later. I did sleep like a log once I did fall asleep though, 7 hours without waking up. Yay!

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, 1/2 acorn squash with raisins (left all my coconut butter at the house! Retrieved it last night), bacon, black coffee

M2: Tuna in olive oil with mayo on celery, baby carrots

Kombucha, small cup black coffee

M3: PCC Hot bar: Mac and cheese (just a little...my favorite...probably what upset my tummy), 3 pieces of chicken breaded in rice flour, roast broccoli with Italian seasoning (burped this up all night  :P ), garden salad with some ranch dressing with mostly OK ingredients.

Happy housewarming!

Thanks!

We have cable and internet at home again! Huzzah! Of course that means nothing new got unpacked or hauled from the house last night as I stubbornly watched two of the season premieres I missed this week through the OnDemand app.  :ph34r: I think I'm going to forgo a trip to the house today too so I can go to Body Pump tonight. I've not had a formal workout since last Thursday and I'm starting to feel it. Want to go for a run tomorrow too. Need to start getting my routine back together. 

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, 1/2 acorn squash with coconut butter and raisins, black coffee

~1 mile walk to work

M2: lettuce wrapped lamb burger with mayo, large sweet potato (cubed and baked)

~1.5 mile round trip walk to/from Starbucks with my friend, had a grande iced Americano, friend drove me home so I wouldn't be late for our Comcast appointment and so she could see our new place. Her 3 yo son was enamored with beefy cat (skinny cat wouldn't come out from under the bed).

chunk of raw cheddar

M3: 2 chicken thighs (from the freezer), steamed green beans with salt and butter (I let these get too mushy and I tossed about half of them)

Another friend came by yesterday to see our place and brought me a couple of cookies she made. They had wheat and oatmeal in them (and sugar I'm sure). I thanked her and told her I would probably save them for when I was feeling more normal again, but then I ate them last night while I was watching tv.  :rolleyes: Too many treats this week! I might try to do a strict week next week just to get back on track. Hopefully meal planning and shopping will happen this week and that should help. Scrounging usually backfires on me.

Good morning! Had a pretty productive day yesterday! I decided to pick 3 focus areas for the day (tedious actual work, interweb time suck, and working on my photobook that needs to be done soon) and set my phone timer for 30 minutes at a time and each time it went off I switched. Got so much more work done when I knew I only had to stay focused for 30 minutes and wasted a lot less time on the internet when I knew I had to switch tasks. I'm going to try this again today. Walked to and from work again yesterday which was awesome. The walk back is a little harder because I have to hoof it up the hill to our building. It's pretty steep coming into the complex. I also made it to Body Pump last night which was awesome (and owwie!) Went to PCC after class to get my eggs only to find they have changed the delivery day from Thurs to Fri  :rolleyes: so I guess I'll be going back today. Didn't get any new unpacking done yesterday. Need to finish getting my kitchen in order and then get back to making sure it is clean before I go to bed. Husband let the cats out of the bedroom to explore the rest of the apartment yesterday. I found skinny cat under a pile of dining room furniture with a bag of crunchy food she had found on her explorations.  :rolleyes: Slept pretty well. Need to get back to going to bed earlier. Got 7 hours though which is good. Beefy cat was fussing with things and trying to dig out of the bedroom this morning so I brought her to bed and she settled in on my chest and started purring. Skinny cat came up and laid next to me and started purring. So I started the morning with a purring kitty pile.  :wub: Going to go out for a short run this morning. Need to get all my normal routines back in place while I dig out of our piles. Probably should commit to unpacking at least one box a day.

Meals/Activity for Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, black coffee

~1 mile walk to work

small cup black coffee

M2: Zoodles with pasta sauce (Trader Joe's - compliant except for a little cheese) and taco seasoned ground beef (from my freezer)

kombucha

~1 mile walk home from work

M3: Salmon with almond lime butter sauce (totally smoked up the house but didn't set the detector off...phew), leeks sauteed in bacon fat with crumbled bacon - I pounded down this meal and it was a bit heavy. I think I need to start doing crock pot meals on the days I need to eat as soon as I come home and get out again.

Body Pump 80 in a room with busted AC (luckily not very hot outside yesterday)

bag of dried mangos and a chocolate coconut ice cream bar (none of my top 3 ice cream yuckies) I think I need to start trying to do a proper post-wo meal after body pump.

Hah! Kitty pile sounds absolutely miserable to me! (allergic)  Good idea to set the timer to get more done.  I may have to try it.  Right now, I just make massive lists and get satisfaction for checking things off.  It works when I have lots of little things to do, but not so much with big things.

Lists definitely work with little things but when I have long projects to work on linear doesn't work. I get distracted and bored easily so being able to switch around is good. Made a pretty big mistake yesterday that is going to cost me some time today. Sad. 

I think the hill into my apartment complex is going to give me a fantastic tush! Man it makes the hill we used to live on look flat. Luckily it is not very long. I was a little scared running down it this morning, totally afraid I was going to fall and go tumbling down. 

Ruined my first batch of mayo today. I got started and realized I didn't bring the mustard from the house yet  :rolleyes: and just went ahead and blended it anyway. It blended up fine but it tastes awful. What can I do to safe it? Will putting the mustard in later and reblending work? Should I just add spices to it until it is salad dressing?

Bummer on the mayo, but yay for the tush-building hill.  I love having a cat on my lap or in my bed and sure miss having them around, but I don't miss the allergies - maybe someday when we live in a warmer place where they can spend more of their time outdoors.  I like your 30 minute timer thing.  I find that I pretend to multi-task but really don't get anything accomplished unless I just force myself to stick to one thing.  It's hard!  Thirty minutes sounds rather do-able.

It's not working as well today. I ran out after lunch to check out the CSA and get my eggs from PCC. Farm was awesome and I signed up for the last 6 weeks of the season (veggie and fruit share). Fruit might be too much but we will see. For my veggie haul I got: green leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, spaghetti squash, 3 turnips, 3 onions, bunch of carrots (multi colored), and I could have taken a bag of tomatoes but I knew I wouldn't eat them so I didn't. I then got to tromp out to the u-pick. The u-pick greens are 10 stems of each per week per person. They had 3 varieties of kale so I came out of that with 30 stems of kale. They had other stuff but I wasn't sure I would use it but I can come back anytime in the week I like. Got a bunch of cilantro and some flowers (I'm a baby about picking flowers because I'm terrified of bees). Was going to pick some herbs but not sure what I actually needed/wanted so will meal plan and maybe go back. I also picked up a card that I can load with money and use at PCC and 5% of what I spend goes to a charity that gives organic produce to those in need. Little extra time at check out but I feel that is worth it. 

Morning all! Happy Weekend!

Yesterday kind of crashed and burned. I was so tired when I got home. Not even sure why. Made my dinner, stuffed it into a lunch bag, went to text my friend (who I was babysitting for) that I was on my way and saw that I missed a call from her. Her husband had to work all night so no babysitting required. I was actually relieved. But...I spent the rest of the night on the couch watching TV even though my kitchen was a wreck and there were still plenty of boxes to unpack. I did way too much snacking last night too. I might need to declare next week a sugar free week. I've been allowing it a little more than I like lately. Today's plan is to get all the rest of our stuff out of the house, hopefully take some stuff that is in the apartment to good will or our storage unit, and get some more unpacking done. I stayed in bed reading for a little while this morning and then made myself straighten out the kitchen before making breakfast. Probably a little too long to wait to eat but I knew if I didn't do it then it probably wouldn't get done at all. Husband is still asleep right now so I think I'll shower and work on some unpacking projects for a little while. If he is still asleep at 11 I'm probably going to wake him up because we need to get this stuff done! Yar!

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee

3 mile easy pace run

banana

M2: lettuce wrapped lamb burger with mayo, roasted cubed potatoes (maybe this is what made me so tired?)

kombucha

rest of the potatoes and a chocolate coconut ice cream bar while I was making dinner  :rolleyes:

M3: Zoodles, 2 mild Italian pork sausages, trader joe's pasta sauce

another ice cream bar and an apple

Went through my bin of "too small" clothes and can now zip/button all the pants and skirts I still have from before I got married! Some of my tops and dresses fit as well but some are still too small. So exciting! I put one dress that I can't quite get zipped up in my closet because it is close and want it there as a goal reminder. Taking the rest of the bins to our storage unit as they don't fit under the bed.

That's great motivation to keep going!

I think a night vegging in front of the tv is fine!  Especially with how hard you've been working over the past month on the move.  I typically cannot sit down.  I am always moving, always jumping up to do something.  It's hard to relax.  I need to remind myself to do that more often.  I sometimes force myself to just sit with a book and NOT get up.  It's oddly hard. 

That's great motivation to keep going!

I think a night vegging in front of the tv is fine!  Especially with how hard you've been working over the past month on the move.  I typically cannot sit down.  I am always moving, always jumping up to do something.  It's hard to relax.  I need to remind myself to do that more often.  I sometimes force myself to just sit with a book and NOT get up.  It's oddly hard. 

Sometimes I wish I had that problem. When I have big tasks I let them overwhelm me to the point that I'm frozen. I think that is why the 30 minute timer trick works well for me. I don't have to tackle the entire thing just 30 minutes of it. We are all in a process of learning and improving. 

This weekend was crazy! Apparently my husband didn't actually hear me when I said that I wanted to spend the entire day at the house on Saturday getting stuff done. So we went up and did a couple of hours worth of stuff, brought a load back, and then he went to play D&D and I took the bins to the storage unit, went to Target, unpacked a couple more boxes, and vegged on the couch with a redbox movie (Beautiful Creatures). I woke in the middle of the night on Saturday with a tummy ache (probably combo of Pad Thai and ice cream) and was up for 1.5 hours getting barely 6 hours of sleep. Then we rented a van Sunday morning bright and early. Took a load of stuff to the dump and then a load of stuff to the apartment and to the storage unit. I had the job of getting everything consolidated in one place while my husband went to the dump so lots of going up and down the stairs. I may have missed Body Pump but I got a pretty good workout. I was so angry and tired though. It of course started pouring while we were unloading the van. Once that was all done I changed and headed to church getting there just in time for the last chorus of the last song of the service. *sigh* Went to lunch with friends and then served in the nursery/toddler 1 room. Had a pile of babies on me pretty much the entire time I was there. Seriously was sitting on the floor at one point with 2 in my lap and 2 clinging to my legs. No more unpacking got done last night. Husband finished setting up my computer and then we played Star Wars the Old Republic for a few hours before bed.

Food for the Weekend

Saturday

M2: Chicken Pad Thai

chocolate, coconut ice cream bar

M3: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, roasted cubed sweet potato, peach

banana in the middle of the night

Sunday:

grande whole fat, half syrup pumpkin spice latte (I admit this was an emotional purchase)

M2: cup of crab bisque, half portion crab macaroni and cheese (this might have been an emotional purchase as well)

grande iced green tea (no sweetener)

M3: 2 mild italian pork sausages, potato and sweet potato cubed and roasted, mayo and mustard

Working from home 2nd day in a row. It's hard to motivate myself when I'm the only one in the office and I have some kitchen projects/chores/unpacking to do today. So multitasking. Didn't get much done yesterday though I figured out my stupid problem from Friday. Silly frustrating code typos. Husband stayed home from work too which didn't help me be productive with him sitting in the same room as me playing games. I did finally pull together a proper meal plan for this week yesterday. Yay! Then I got sucked in to a game last night and didn't get to the grocery store last night or finish all my food prep. I did get some bone broth going. I want to let that simmer/use that all week as well as store some up for the coming weeks. Not really enough room in the freezer to freeze it but I figure if I put up and use a few mason jars I can do it again in a couple of weeks with a new chicken (or another meat if I get enough bones collect...close to beef broth I think. Got about 7 hours of sleep though not super restful. Lots of stress dreams. Got up and went to BodyPump this morning (love the 10 min drive vs 60+!) and then hit the grocery store after. They hadn't finished restocking the meat so I had to ask for two of the things on my list. As he came out with the 2nd item I noticed lamb sausages that I had not noticed before and made a comment about it. He asked if I had not tried them before and when I said no he gave them to me for free as a sample! So nice! I made them up for lunch and they are SOOO good! Will be in my regular rotation. Will have to inquire what the "spices" are to ensure no sugar when I do my next W##. 

Meals yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, bacon, kale, black coffee

M2: Zoodles with ground taco beef and trader joe's pasta sauce, banana, scoop of coconut butter

Snack: raw grass fed cheddar, slice of bacon, pear

M3: Super Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash Curry, 2 chicken legs and a thigh (Cumin Citrus Chicken from Against All Grains - still working on my freezer leftovers) I wasn't super impressed with the curry and I couldn't fit both halves of my squash in my crock pot. Will probably be ordering myself a larger oval one sometime soon. I'm curious to see if the leftovers are better.

I can't believe you drove 60 minutes to the Y!  I had a hard time driving 10.  Yikes!  You are going to save so much time by this move.

I'm going to try that squash recipe this weekend.  Hope it works out.  I have an oval crockpot, so at least it will fit.  Just hope it tastes ok.  What do you think was the problem?  Not enough spice or ?

Archived