Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on passing your training!  It sounds like you could use a good night sleep!  I slept like a rock last night and had weird dreams that included you.  We were somewhere in the middle of the night waiting for an airplane and trying to find compliant food.  Then we just gave up and had pretzels and wine. LOL

That is so funny especially considering I didn't even like wine that much when I did drink. I was offered granola bars and pretzels by other participants at training, both of which I said no to.

I got a nice 8 hours of sleep last night (after turning my alarm off and going back to sleep) I did wake up around 4 am and was doing choreography and cuing in my head for what seemed like a much longer time than my zeo says I was awake.

Went to BodyPump yesterday. Taught by one of my friends that also took the training and than our other friend who took the training was at the class as well (and she stayed for Combat too...beast). It actually made me feel a lot less sore. Church was good. Went to Palimino for lunch and had a bunless burger with fries and bacon and started with a creamy mushroom soup that was divine.  Had coffee at 3:30 and still slept fine so I was super tired. Had a lovely calm room of kids at the 4pm service which was also a nice change. One little one was crying when she came in so we just sat in a rocker while she snuggled on me for most of the time.  :wub: Got some grocery shopping done (no meal plan yet...just going to scrounge for proteins and try and get through all the veggies I have), came home and had dinner, watched a tv show, read for a while, and was out like a light. 

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: egg & sweet potato concoction (I wanted this to be pancake like but I was too lazy to mix it outside the pan and it was more like scrambled sweet potato eggs), spoonful of coconut butter, black coffee

Exercise: BodyPump (a mix from different releases)

Snack: Carrots and Pumpkin Dip (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods)

M2: Portabella Mushroom Soup, Palomino Burger (All-Natural Hormone-Free Beef, Chorizo, Cambozola, Dijonnaise, Basil Pesto), Fries

Grande Americano

M3: Salad (small head of lettuce), mayo and garlic salt (couldn't be bothered to actually make a dressing), beef pinwheels with basil and blue cheese in them that I bought at PCC

Kombucha

Good morning! My day got off to a shaky start yesterday but it turned out great. Ran through my WIM stuff with a friend after lunch and then ran on the dreadmill. Got an annoying work issue solved. Lined up some team teaching. Got a little bit of cleaning done. Got my pampered chef order in. Spent some quality time with hubby. Overall a good day. Managed to eek out about 7 hours of sleep. I woke around 2 am and was up for about an hour running choreography in my head yet again. :rolleyes: Got a shipping notice from Amazon last night and Well Fed 2 should be in my grasp tomorrow.  :D

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, black coffee

black coffee

M2: Moroccan Meatballs (Well Fed), Spaghetti Squash

tea

Exercise: Run through of my WIM release on land, 3 mile easy pace run

Snack: apple, raw cheddar, square of banana walnut chocolate

kombucha

M3: Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods)

Good morning. Seems whatever congestion I have been dealing with has moved from my head to my chest. Good news is I'm not as dizzy anymore. Bad news is now I'm coughing. Blech. I suppose I need to be more on top of attacking with ACV. Any other suggestions? We are supposed to have people over on Thursday night, I have an all day women's thing at church on Sat, kids ministry on Sun, and I'm supposed to teach on Monday. I don't have time for coughing!  :angry: Nothing to special about yesterday. Got some work done. Boss purchased a new computer for me because mine has been blue screening. New computer is so small...it's kind of cute. House is a wreck because I've been tired. Didn't really have an veggies last night because I didn't feel like prepping anything I had. Want to make butternut squash noodles for my lunch today so I suppose I need to get over that. Took me almost an hour to fall asleep last night (again despite dropping my kindle because I kept falling asleep while reading) but managed to sleep through the night for the most part. Turned off my alarm and let myself go back to sleep. Ended up with 8 hours and some change. 

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, black coffee

Exercise: Body Pump 87

Snack: black coffee, raw cheddar, apple

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs, mayo, mustard, carrots, pumpkin dip (quick and easy paleo comfort foods), pumpkin spice coconut butter cup

kombucha, tea

M3: 2 salmon patties with feta and spinach (bought these at PCC), white rice (leftover from last game night), grapes

Bummer about the cough!  They can be tough to shake.  I'd take a tsp of honey straight before you go anywhere.  It really helps.  And, add it to the ACV tea.  Humidifier at night if you need it (do you ever need a humidifier in Seattle? LOL).  Long steamy showers.  That's all I got. I hope it goes away fast!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been doing the ACV water cold, but perhaps I need to do it hot. Think I'm going to go look for one of those cold kicker teas today. Perhaps the steam room when I'm at the gym this week. I don't have a humidifier, certainly isn't dry here. :) Decided to skip my run today for better or for worse. I never know with that. Sometimes running makes it better and sometimes worse. Might have to force myself to use the neti pot tonight too. Blech.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been doing the ACV water cold, but perhaps I need to do it hot. Think I'm going to go look for one of those cold kicker teas today. Perhaps the steam room when I'm at the gym this week. I don't have a humidifier, certainly isn't dry here. :) Decided to skip my run today for better or for worse. I never know with that. Sometimes running makes it better and sometimes worse. Might have to force myself to use the neti pot tonight too. Blech.

Hot peppermint tea does it for me when I have a cold. Give it a try!

Throat coat is great tea.  I also put aloe juice in my ACV honey tea to help soothe my throat.  You can get that at TJs, but it comes in a huge jug, so it may not be worth it if you don't think you'll need it very long.  With my allergies and asthma and my son's issues, we use the aloe quite a bit so it's worth buying the jug.  Do you feel any better today?

I am feeling a bit better today thanks! Drank tea at work all day yesterday and did the ACV, honey, hot water thing before bed last night. Fell asleep quickly and slept the entire night for the first time in a long time! Only 7 hours because I went to bed too late but 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep definitely is more restful than 7 hours with the 1 hour of being awake in the middle. Nothing too exciting to report from yesterday. I did get my copy of Well Fed 2 in the mail. Omnomnom! I bought chicken livers on Sunday (because they had them!) and was going to make pate but there is a fried chicken livers recipe in WF2 that I might try instead. No gym or run yesterday.

Food Yesterday:

M1: Egg & sweet potato concoction (it started as a big pancake/omelette but it fell apart when I tried to turn it), bacon, kraut, black coffee

M2: Moroccan meatballs (Well Fed), butternut squash noodles , apple

hot tea, kombucha, aztec dark chocolate

M3: Creamy Cauliflower & Chicken Soup (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods)

acv tea with honey, slice of bacon, slice of raw cheddar before bed

I have to brag a little bit because this is a big deal for me. My friend taught BodyPump 82 today which is a killer release and I had 3 personal victories:

1. During the lunge track I did every single plyo squat with some decent air and felt good about it.

2. During the shoulder track I did 12 of the 16 pushups on my toes (despite reaching failure on my knees in the chest track)

3. During the ab track I did for real mountain climbers on my toes! 

I love how very strong I'm feeling! 2 and 3 speak volumes to the increase in my core strength which I need to demo things in my water in motion training too. Feeling quite proud of myself for even trying these things today!

Earlier this year I was doing the 100 push up challenge on my phone. I was doing pretty well until I hurt my shoulder and got off track. I might start that up again once I finish up all the requirements for completing my WIM certification. One challenge at a time. :) I will say my chest is pretty sore this morning. 

Ended up not being at work long yesterday because my new computer was installing the update that never ends.  :rolleyes: Decided to stop staring at that screen and get my errands and house work done. Had a fun Pathfinder night but got to bed way to late. I need to be a stickler about people leaving on time next week as I will be teaching next Friday morning.  :o Slept pretty well again last night but only 6.5 hours. Woke up a few times but never for more than a minute according to the zeo. Woke just before my alarm this morning which was weird. Cold is doing alright. I don't feel horrible but I'm still stuffy, especially in the morning. Continuing the honey, acv, hot water and lots of tea.

Food/Movement:

M1: 1/2 acorn squash with coconut butter, 4 fried eggs, black coffee, hot water w/ raw honey and ACV

Exercise: Body Pump 82

Snack: Apple, Raw Cheddar, tea

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs, mayo, mustard, raw cheddar, kraut (not enough...I thought there was more in the jar than there was)

Kombucha

M3: Turkish Doner Kebab Burgers (Well Fed 2), cheddar, mayo, mustard, lettuce salad with ranch (Well Fed), pumpkin freezer fudge (OMG That's Paleo?)

Morning! Going in for a body fat test this morning. Hope there is some change from the last time. Practicing blowing all my air out.  :lol:

Had an ok day yesterday. I was tired and work was a little frustrating. Went to the gym in the afternoon and ran through my WIM stuff. Places where I need to sit on the stool and demo with two feet might be my undoing. The stool is just a little high for me and I almost missed it sitting down several times and that was with a mirror to look at myself in.  :blink: Was going to run too but the running skirt I brought wasn't staying low on my legs and I didn't want them to get all chaffed up so I skipped it. Bought a cute notebook to do my scripting for classes and started that process. Picked up my CSA. One more week left in the regular season but I am planning to do winter shares. Need to get that in next week. Stayed up way too late watching tv last night. Made fried chicken livers last night. They were so good! Every time I fry things though my entire apartment fills up with smoke. I'm surprised I've not set the smoke detector off yet. Sadly our oven fan just blows everything back out into the kitchen.  :rolleyes:

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, 1/2 acorn squash with coconut butter, black coffee, hot water with raw honey and acv

M2: Roast Delicata Squash with Moroccan meatballs (kind of like little meatball subs), square of 100% dark chocolate with coconut

Exercise: Ran through my WIM release.

Snack: Apple, Raw Cheddar, Kombucha, Tea

M3: Crispy Chicken Livers (Well Fed 2), Sauteed Kohlrabi, Mayo, Grapes

Not so pleased with the body fat test. According to his scale I was up almost a pound from the last time I was there (despite being down on my scale 4 lbs last I checked. But my body fat was down a little bit regardless...so despite his lecture that I can't put on muscle in Body Pump the print out he gave me says I put on 1.5 lbs of lean lbs. Gave me the needing to count calories speech. I told him I got nowhere doing that for years and that I just eat paleo now. He said something about the biggest proponents of paleo being cross fitters and they don't care about the scale. Well neither do I, I care about body fat. Those are not equivalent. I do think I need to make some tweeks to get the fat loss up more. I know I don't eat enough vegetables still and I probably eat too much fruit. Need to find the balance between fueling my workouts and still encouraging the fat loss. Things to research for sure. Spent most of the rest of the day at church for a women's training event (on body image of all things). :) Had fun but I seem to have pulled something in the back of my left leg from sitting too much with my legs crossed.  :huh: Hoping that body pump will stretch things out. After the event my friend and I went out to an outlet mall. Got a bunch of cute things at the Gap and some non-race shirt tops to wear for teaching at Reebok. Overall a good trip and day. Didn't get home until around 8pm and was so hungry. Watched too much tv and went to bed too late and slept horridly. Managed almost 6 hours and 40 minutes but took me 46 minutes to fall asleep and I woke up 9 times in the night for a total of 48 minutes awake. Yuck!

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, roasted delicata squash, black coffee

snack: larabar

M2: Butternut Squash Enchilada with added brisket at Cactus (Crisp white corn tortillas with Jack and goat cheeses, sautéed spinach, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, mole rojo, guacamole)

grande Americano from Starbucks

M3: Crispy Chicken Livers (Well Fed 2), mayo, sauteed Kohlrabi, pumpkin freezer fudge (OMG That's Paleo?)

It sounds to me like you found what works for you and you are right not to listen to the BF tester guy.  It took a long time for me to realize that counting calories was not working and wasn't going to magically start working like it had a decade ago.  I think we just have to keep looking for what does work and if Paleo and BP is working for you, I say stick with it!  Does he say why you can't gain muscle with BP?  It seems like that's exactly what you'd do.  I mean, I would understand if someone said I can't gain muscle doing yoga every day (though I am getting stronger...), but BP is weights and the whole point is to increase strength.  Weird.

It sounds to me like you found what works for you and you are right not to listen to the BF tester guy. It took a long time for me to realize that counting calories was not working and wasn't going to magically start working like it had a decade ago. I think we just have to keep looking for what does work and if Paleo and BP is working for you, I say stick with it! Does he say why you can't gain muscle with BP? It seems like that's exactly what you'd do. I mean, I would understand if someone said I can't gain muscle doing yoga every day (though I am getting stronger...), but BP is weights and the whole point is to increase strength. Weird.

The high rep method used during a BP class is going to promote endurance over muscle building. The les mills web site even says it's not for building muscle:

"Are you looking for a strong, toned, fit body without building bulk? BODYPUMPâ„¢ can deliver the results you are looking for and transform your body using THE REP EFFECTâ„¢. With 800 repetitions in an average workout you'll be lean, strong and unstoppable!"

Building muscle naturally is hard - putting on about 100g a week is about it!

Physibeth, I think a loss of fat, plus muscle gain, is fantastic, especially when you aren't tracking anything to gain specific results! I'd perhaps suggest lessening the long distance running (when you can) and increasing the resistance work would have more impact on your body composition.

The high rep method used during a BP class is going to promote endurance over muscle building. The les mills web site even says it's not for building muscle:

"Are you looking for a strong, toned, fit body without building bulk? BODYPUMPâ„¢ can deliver the results you are looking for and transform your body using THE REP EFFECTâ„¢. With 800 repetitions in an average workout you'll be lean, strong and unstoppable!"

Building muscle naturally is hard - putting on about 100g a week is about it!

Physibeth, I think a loss of fat, plus muscle gain, is fantastic, especially when you aren't tracking anything to gain specific results! I'd perhaps suggest lessening the long distance running (when you can) and increasing the resistance work would have more impact on your body composition.

I'm definitely not looking for body building here. My goal is to be lean and healthy body fat percentage. I'm currently on a break from distance running (in fact I've hardly gotten any running in lately) but I'm now transitioning into teaching Water in Motion which is a cardio workout for sure. Not sure what the frequency of that will look like long term...first I need to team teach, then tape and get certified, then sub as much as I can for experience, and hopefully eventually have my own class. Once I get a class and am an official employee I might look into a trainer as I will get a discount, but it just isn't affordable. Trying to make 3 body pump classes a week and maybe some additional cx classes (core training). I'm just not all that interested in going out on the gym floor to be honest. 

I think my long term goal is to do 6 months on of endurance running season and 6 months off. I really do enjoy endurance running and I like the challenge of beating my own PR. But I know that I need to change things up and breaks with different focus will help.

All things to think about. 

Good morning! Yesterday was fun because I got to teach for the first time! I just did 2 tracks and then jumped in the pool for the rest of the time but it was so fun. Nice small night class to start on and the regular instructor was so nice and gave me great feedback. Yay! I also got in touch with my massage therapist yesterday and she is off crutches now and can see me tonight. Yay!

Food has been weird the last couple of days because my kitchen is a mess. I need to tame it and get cooking again. I made the breakfast meatza from PaleOMG cookbook today. Took longer than I expected though and now I'm trying to shovel it in to get to BodyPump on time. Doh! Doesn't help that it flipped itself upside down when I took it out of the pan. :rolleyes: 

Food/Movement Yesteryday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, raw fermented carrots, bacon, black coffee

M2: spaghetti squash and Moroccan meatballs (well fed) and square of dark chocolate

kombucha, tea

M3: spinach and feta salmon patty, 2 small potatoes diced and sauteed

Exercise: teach/take Water in Motion (sat out the 2 tracks before the 2 tracks I taught)

snacks: nuts, hot apple cider, grapes (at friends birthday gathering)

Archived