Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I love when the power goes out - aside from the lack of heat and the food that doesn't cook and the flashlights with dying batteries - but it still makes the day eventful.  What a great day you had visiting with friends.  It's part of what makes life rich and it's so easy to forget to do.  Hope your broth turns out well.

What a nice way to think of it! It really wasn't a bad day until I was sitting alone in the dark eating gelato. ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a Timtam:

Milk chocolate (38%)(sugar, milk solids, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, emulsifiers (e322: soy, e476), flavouring), wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oil, golden syrup, colours (e102, e110, e129, e133, e150), milk solids, cocoa, salt, raising agent(e500), emulsifier (e322: soy) and flavouring.

It's a very popular Australian choc biscuit - two choc biscuits, creamy choc stuff between, covered in chocolate...

I got requests for them every time I went over to visit family in the uk!!

Now why did you have to post the ingredient list! ;) 

Morning everyone! Had a decent day yesterday. Had a way off the bike lunch but other than that the day was fine. Church was good and kids ministry was fairly calm. Wanted to get more chores done last night but with daylights saving I was putting myself to bed at 9:30 and falling asleep on my kindle by 10:30 (probably earlier actually). Woke around 1ish and got up for some water and to ask the husband to turn the volume down on Assassin's Creed. Woke again around 5ish I think (been being bad about looking at the clock) and dosed on and off until alarm went off at 6:30. Tonight is launch for the release of water in motion that I trained on so I actually get to be in front of the class for the entire time. I'll be shadowing the instructor for the first 6 tracks and teaching the last 5. Excited and nervous. Had some weird dreams about it tonight and was going through choreography again in my head while I was trying to sleep this morning.

Food Yesterday:

M1: Breakfast Meatza (OMG That's Paleo?), coffee with a touch of heavy cream

M2: Fried Chicken and Waffles, black coffee (at a restaurant called Lot 3 - not a healthy meal but so very tasty and worth it!)

M3: 2 grass fed hot dogs, mayo, mustard, roast red potatoes

Class went really well tonight except we lost the microphone in the middle of track 2. I'm so very glad that I'm loud because I had to yell. The deck was really slippery and wet too. Made it through though. Now just need to recover my voice to do it again tomorrow morning.

Now why did you have to post the ingredient list! ;)

Sorry!! :P I was actually shocked myself...I thought it would have some nasty bits, but not that many. I get the appeal even less now - why would I want to eat one if those!

I admit, when I visited USA as a child, I was shocked by the lack of decent fresh produce. Now I know that for all the unhealthy, junk food eating Americans, there's probably an equal number of health conscious people. The range of healthy foods is much greater there than here - I think I'd be in food heaven :)

Sorry!! :P I was actually shocked myself...I thought it would have some nasty bits, but not that many. I get the appeal even less now - why would I want to eat one if those!

I admit, when I visited USA as a child, I was shocked by the lack of decent fresh produce. Now I know that for all the unhealthy, junk food eating Americans, there's probably an equal number of health conscious people. The range of healthy foods is much greater there than here - I think I'd be in food heaven :)

My thought after the tim tam was "that tasted good but it was way too sweet" and definitely satisfied any need to have one for another whole year at least. ;)

Curious where in the US you visited. I was discussing this with the gal I team taught with last night because she had been in South Carolina a couple of times this month and was lamenting on how much harder it was to get vegetables. I think the region you are in greatly effects this. Many areas in the South good food is hard to come by. Where I live in the Pacific Northwest people tend to be much more health conscience and we have a lot of farms and local organic businesses. I'm definitely a little spoiled living where I live. 

Morning! Slept alright last night once I finally stopped coughing. Ugh. The cold seems to have come back with a vengeance. I'm wagering a bet that it got as bad as it did last night from a combination of heavy cream in my coffee and have to yell to be heard in class last night without a microphone. So no cream this morning and going to dose myself with ACV/Honey tea before I go to teach again this morning. Hit the snooze button a couple of times this morning. The second time I did the fat black fuzzy alarm clock came to lay on top of me. Ugh. One big highlight of yesterday was noticing that Amazon was giving a 15% discount on all the kindles yesterday to celebrate the FAA loosening restrictions on electronic devices. I texted hubby to ask if I could have an early Christmas present and he said yes! So I have a Kindle Fire HDX coming to me in the mail tomorrow. :) Looking forward to being able to prop up my pinterest recipes in my cookbook stand rather than having to print something out or run back and forth to my laptop. :)

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: Breakfast Meatza (OMG That's Paleo?), Carrot Soup (Civilized Caveman), Apple, Coffee with dash of heavy cream

M2: Romanian Burger, Salad with ranch, nectarine, cashew cacao clusters

M3: 3 eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes (this is the only thing that sounded appetizing last night, my tummy was weird after lunch)

Exercise: Teach Water in Motion Wave 16

Snack: kombucha, apple, raw cheddar, organic gummy bears (I need to stop eating these, should have given them away)

I'm so sorry your cold is coming back.  Beat it back with the ACV tea!  Fun about the kindle.  I have a regular one, but I don't use it too often.  I like regular books.  I do like loading it up before going on a vacation, though, so that I don't have to carry a ton of heavy books with me.  I have a netbook in the kitchen for recipes and stuff.  When we replace it, I'm sure we'll go with a tablet of some kind, but I don't know yet what we'd get.  The kids want an ipad, but my husband is anti apple.  Hopefully, the netbook will live for a long time so it won't be an issue. :)

I have a kindle touch as well and I use it all the time. While I like real books reading on a kindle hurts my wrists a lot less and I like that I can carry my library in my purse. I don't like cookbooks on the regular kindle which was part of my motivation for the fire as well. I've got a ton of e-books from buying bundles that just don't translate well on the black and white kindle. 

Our family is decidedly anti-apple as well. You can get very similar tablets to the ipad for a lot less money.

Many areas in the South good food is hard to come by.

True, but this is such a complex and interesting question! I'm in Nashville and can get, for the most part, anything I want - I have access to CSAs, multiple farmers' markets and Whole Foods and Trader Joe's along with Publix, Kroger, etc. But our public transit sucks, and if you don't have a car and are in a poorer area of town, your choices are much more limited. And then my mom's family is from a rural county about an hour south - they have transportation and funds to eat healthy, but they have to drive 30 minutes to get to a "regular" grocery store (usually Wal-Mart). No kombucha or kohlrabi for them. ;) They do grow and can some produce, but none of them are full-time farmers anymore. So the situations are so different even within one area.

Food politics is such an interesting topic. I truly believe we should spend more time making sure fresh foods are available to everyone in the country not just those with means. 

My class went really well this morning despite my congestion. Had high energy participants and a lot of fun! So glad the microphone worked today though because there is no way I could have projected as loud as I did last night! :D

Good morning! My cold took a decided turn for the worse yesterday. Went home from work earlyish because I wasn't really getting anything done. Stupid stubborn me went to Body Pump last night anyway. I really shouldn't have. Came home and showered and put myself right to bed. Was shivering for a while, finally fell asleep, woke up later so very very hot! I did manage to get some sleep though and I feel a little better this morning. My throat is still sore though and my ears are plugged up. Any suggestions other than ACV/Honey tea? I need to kick this! I'm supposed to teach tomorrow morning and Friday morning. Very little sounds appetizing to me right now as far as food goes and that sure doesn't help. Eggs are nice because they go down easy. But the thought of chewing and swallowing meat right now isn't really doing it for me. My kitchen is an awful awful wreck as well. Probably need to buck up and deal with that today regardless of how I feel. Going to stay home from work and hopefully rest enough to be back on my feet tomorrow.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: Breakfast Meatza, Black Coffee

Exercise: Teach WIM

M2: Sage Burgers with Bacon Apple Chutney, Carrot Soup, pumpkin spice coconut butter cup

Kombucha, organic gummy bears (I'm sure all that sugar isn't helping...putting these out of site today)

M3: 4 eggs, delicata squash with coconut butter

Exercise: Body Pump 66

Broth.  Sleep. Ugh what a drag.  You sound like you feel horrible.  A humidifier maybe?  That always helps me, but I live in a dryer climate.  I wonder if it's the same thing or if you've picked up a new virus - hopefully not the flu bug.  So hope you feel better in a few hours.

Morning! Had a pretty good day of rest yesterday. Probably should have gone to bed earlier. Was playing with my new Kindle Fire.  :P Feeling a lot better this morning though far from 100%. I'm going to go try and teach anyway. I might take some dayquil though I've not used the stuff in probably over a year. Still debating that one. Got some couch syrup and zinc tablets from my food coop yesterday and some cold and throat zen teas. Probably didn't eat enough food yesterday but I just didn't feel like making anything new. I guess we will see how this goes. Fingers crossed. 

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, black coffee

M2: carrot soup, roast chicken

M3: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mustard, raw sauerkraut

Lot's of tea and acv/honey tea

Just skimming, I read this as "anchovy tea"! I wouldn't put it past you, lol, but acv/honey sounds much nicer. I hope you are feeling better soon Bethany.

Ewwww! The closest thing I've done to knowingly eating anchovy is in Caesar dressing. The ACV/Honey tea isn't all that grand but anchovy tea makes it sound like the bestest drink ever. :)

Morning! What a crazy busy week this has been! Teaching yesterday morning went well. I feel mostly better just still congested and coughing, but not achy and fatigued too. The gal I taught with in the morning teaches regular water aerobics in the evening and facebook messaged me around 5 last night asking if I could sub her class because she wasn't feeling well either. Lots of back and forth to find out that our manager would rather have me sub uncertified than cancel the class so I taught the whole class by myself last night. Also found out that one of the gals that I was supposed to teach with this morning came down with some sort of stomach bug so teaching a little more this morning than I originally planned for. So by the end of the morning I will have done the class 5 whole times this week. Looking forward to some R&R for sure! Didn't sleep too terribly well because of all the coughing. More tea and ACV today. Hoping to gather the energy to clean the kitchen tonight and make some decent food. Going to go to pump on Sunday instead of Saturday so I can spend tomorrow doing some resting and some cleaning and some unpacking.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, bacon, kraut, black coffee

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs, mustard, kraut, grapefruit

kombucha, lots of tea

M3: 4 eggs (took me longer than is reasonable to get home and then had to go almost straight back out to teach)

Apple and tea

A slice of bacon and more tea in the wee hours of the morning because I was hungry and coughing.

Morning! Slept through the night as far as I can tell despite hacking and coughing before bed. Went to bed way too late though. I'm starting to add sneezing to the mix so I think my body is getting ready for the final push to eject this garbage. Have nothing on the agenda today so going to try and get things cleaned up around here and maybe accomplish some more unpacking. I do need to run to the farm and pick up my CSA order at some point. My food was very devoid of veggies yesterday. Need to get the kitchen in order and fix that today. Must cook real meals!

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, bacon, black coffee

M2: bunless burger with avocado, bacon, cheese, and mushrooms, sweet potato fries (Whole Foods), Americano

kombucha, tea

M3: pork chop, pear, organic gummy bears (these are all gone now), more tea

Still sick. But feeling a bit better this morning. Man I hope this is the last day of this. So tired of coughing. I did manage to get some cleaning and organizing done yesterday. Not as much as I wanted but I didn't want to push myself too hard lest I make myself worse. Hoping that clean bathrooms and bedroom will help move this along. Got enough of the kitchen clean to cook yesterday. Need to finish it up today. I put too much down the garbage disposal and clogged half my sink which doesn't help. Hoping the husband can fix it today so I don't have to get scolded by maintenance. Spent the rest of my day watching tv and playing Plants vs Zombies on my Kindle Fire. Stayed up way too late again. I know I should be going to bed early when I'm sick but I also know laying down makes everything worse so I put it off. I only remember waking up once in the middle of the night and slept until about 9 this morning. Probably got around 7 hours.

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, bacon, black coffee

M2: 2 lamb sausages, steamed broccoli w/ salt and evoo, kombucha

M3: 3 fried chicken legs (Paleo Comfort Foods), creamy leek soup, last of the pumpkin gelato

Archived