Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

Susan: Thanks for the recipe! Pinned that for sure! *waves* Enjoy Friday Harbor! So lovely! The last time I was there I got stung on the toe by a yellow jacket though. 

Annabel: I have a Garmin Forerunner 405 watch. I love it! Helps so much with my training and my races (when I listen to it). I also where a Polar F6 HRM. 

Waiting for my bacon wrapped chicken thighs to finish cooking so I can pack up my lunch and then heading off to church. My race medal says "I Ran for Chocolate" though I didn't even go looking for the chocolate or the champagne as I knew I didn't want/need either. Had a banana and a water bottle and called it good. Drank water and coconut water before the race. Might have a larabar before heading out so I don't have to sneak it during the service. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know about the Auto Lap feature? (I'm assuming the 405 can do it as well)

In the 305 it's in Training--> Training Options ---> Auto Lap

That way the watch automatically breaks your run down into individual miles (or km or whatever else you fancy) without you having to press the Lap button.

Yes, that is what I use for my training runs. For races I create a workout that repeats my goal pace x number of times until I hit the lap button. I was finding my miles didn't always match the race mileposts so I like hitting the lap button at the mile marker to see what the discrepancies are.

Well I powered through the rest of the day yesterday. Had my bacon wrapped chicken thighs and some sweet potato pancakes followed by a grande iced americano at around 2:30pm. Did end up sneaking a coconut cream larabar during the church sermon as my stomach was audibly growling. Had a pretty full but surprisingly calm room of babies to look after. Came home and had a grass fed rib eye that the husband grilled with some bubbies pickles. Did not have the energy for more than that. Played some Skylanders and went out and pulled some weeds with the husband. Bank looks a lot less wild now but still a lot of work to do. 

Read for a while before bed and then fell asleep almost as soon as I turned the light out. Woke around 12:30 when husband came to bed but fell asleep again in about 4 minutes. Must have accidentally shut off my alarm because next thing I know it is almost 8am (my alarm was set for 6:30). I don't think I would have woken then if my neighbors dog hadn't been barking in the yard. Just 2 minutes shy of 9 hours of sleep. Nope, I wasn't tired at all.  :ph34r:

Today is my official dairy intro day (even though I had a slice of cheese on Wednesday). Got up and had 2 eggs fried in bacon fat and a cup of black coffee. Made a playlist for 12:00 pace running and then fought for a while with my Zune about syncing it (still missing some songs for some reason). Finally got out for my run around 9ish. Nice easy 3 miles. Showered, dressed (in a skirt...going to start trying to where a skirt or dress every other day), and sat down around 10:30 to an egg scrambled in butter (LOVE THAT SMELL!) with some raw cheddar melted on top. Half an acorn squash with coconut butter, raisins, and cinnamon. Another cup of black coffee.

Would really love to stay home today as I got behind on the kitchen and the cooking and such but I should go in as my boss will be out the next 3 days. They are installing our new AC unit on Wednesday! Yay!

My mom texted me today to ask what I would sub breadcrumbs or panko with if I was making a recipe paleo (maybe I've finally got her on board?!?) and I told her almond flour, crushed nuts, or shredded coconut. Was that a good answer? Any other suggestions? I've not tried any paleo "breading" myself.

Things that shouldn't happen when you are at work. I just had a massive drop of sweat fall onto my heal. I'm guessing from the back of my leg. Ewwww.

Meal 2 was around 2pm. Had 2 grass fed burgers. 1 with raw cheddar and 1 with mayo and mustard. Handful or 2 of baby carrots. Some potato chips which I'm finding have breaks right now which is nice.

So hot and what I'm working on I could have done from home. 

Whimper.

I really would like to escape from the office. It is actually cooler outside. I have a ladies bible study at 7 tonight that is here in town where I work so going home at this point would be silly. Plus I didn't come in until noonish. Hrmph. I think I'm going to work from home tomorrow even though I'm driving in to town to go to the gym anyway. It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow.

I made a decision a while ago not to wear the event shirt for the event. Partly because then I don't look like everyone else. Partly because it feels more earned post event. I actually signed up for and then bailed on a 5k in December (was cold and I was getting sick) so I have a nice long sleeved event shirt but never felt like I could wear it as I didn't participate.

I'm going to wear the shirt to pump tomorrow...maybe I'll get a friend to take a picture of me in it for ya'll.

Lady, that's too fancy. Selfie rules! Trying to imitate the intonation teens have. Or what slang they use? Ahah I feel old.

Makes sense to stay in the office, yea. Do you have a fridge there? Make some popsicles and store them there ;)

Mmmm....popsicles...

Hopefully once they get the new AC unit installed on Wednesday I'll be back to complaining my office is an ice box and can enjoy the view out my window again.  ;)

I really suck at taking selfies. I finally bought a full length mirror but still have not gotten it on the wall.  :D

Perhaps we need to start a "silly selfies" thread?

Eating my meal 3. Can of tuna mixed with mayo. Couple of slices of raw cheddar. Sliced cucumber. I'm salting the cucumber slices and then piing some tuna on top. Lovely! Was going to make some sort of paleo tuna melt but too hot for that.

Crisis averted...I finally got it open...phew! So now that I'm waiting for cooking to happen I'll tell you about my day.  ;)

Seem to have no adverse reactions to dairy so far. As expected. 

Bible study was a bust again so it was just my friend and I hanging out and talking. Got home later than I wanted and to bed later than I wanted. Managed just shy of 7 hours of sleep with a brief waking at almost 3am. Fell asleep almost as soon as I turned out the lights again.

Had my normal 4 eggs with kale, bacon, sauerkraut, and coffee this morning. Drove in to attack BodyPump 86 another time in my new bright green race shirt. Managed to make it through the bicep track without dropping any reps this week. Like a boss!

Working from home today. Will still be warm but at least I can open the windows and I didn't have to stay up late making my meals that I didn't prep this weekend last night. 

Need to get some cleaning done today too. 

Trying to decide what I want to have with my Moroccan meatballs. I might just heat up my last 2 sweet potato pancakes. I bought some rainier cherries yesterday too that might get nommed. 

Ahahah thank you, that's perfect! I like the neon green - pink combo. Seems that showing off your arm strength has helped with the jar opening? 

Cherry days are the best ones. I have spotted the sour ones at the market too. So much better than the sweet ones. 

Well I took that photo before class this morning. I'll blame the jar opening on finishing the bicep track today.  ;) What finally helped was whacking the lid with the handle of a knife a few times.

I actually prefer sweet cherries though not sure I've had proper sour ones. Washington cherries are almost always dark red sweet or rainier. I had never had rainier cherries before moving here and they are delightful!

Well I'll try typing this entry up again. My computer decided to restart itself while I was typing before.  :rolleyes:

Wasn't nearly as productive yesterday as I had hoped. Had a low grade headache and felt tired most of the day. Probably should have taken a nap as I know I didn't get enough sleep the previous night. I did manage to get the kitchen straightened up because when I went to cook dinner I just couldn't stand the thought of trying to work around the mess so I just sucked it up and cleaned it up.

Made Czech meatballs from Well Fed for dinner last night. Very tasty. Had them with mayo and mustard and 3 pickles. Really not enough vegetables but I wasn't feeling up to preparing anything else. 

The tomatoes in the Moroccan meatballs did not give me heartburn yesterday. Yay! I have a theory that the chocolate chili incident might have been from eating the chili with mashed cauliflower. I'm trying to decide whether to test that theory today or not as I have the Moroccan meatballs on the meal plan again today. 

Managed to get about 8.5 hours of sleep last night despite being awake for about 30 minutes in the middle of the night. Woke a little before 3am to what I think was thunder. Took me a long time to fall asleep again. Woke again at 5:30 when my husband went to work. Shut my alarm off at 6:30 and finally got up around 7:30.

I have a 6 mile tempo run on deck for today. Original plan was to eat a couple of eggs and get to it but it was thundering again this morning. Finishing off my breakfast of 3 fried eggs, half an acorn squash with raisins and coconut butter, raw sauerkraut, and black coffee. Think I will try and get a couple of those chores I didn't do yesterday done while I digest and then get out for that run. Haven't heard thunder in a while and doesn't seem to be storms in the forecast anymore. I might get rained on but that is ok.

Had a nice morning. Got myself off the computer, cleaned up from breakfast, fed the cats, put away laundry, put a new load of laundry in, cleaned the cat boxes (ewww..stinky), and got out for my run which went really well and I didn't get rained on. Produce was there when I got back (actually saw the van as I was running up the street on my way out) so put that away after shower. Didn't have time to cook any new veggies so grabbed a bag of snap peas and whipped up a batch of mayo and that is what I had with my Moroccan meatballs for meal 2. Will have baby carrots and pickles with my bacon wrapped chicken thighs for meal 3. I have a peach and some cherries and some booch in my bag as well.

I can hear the maintenance guys working on our new AC unit that got hauled to the top of the building today. Yay!

Going walking with my friend and her son soon so will have something at Starbucks. Wearing my Darth Vader t-shirt with my pink flipping skirt and pink flip flops with black tiger stripes on them.  B)

• Moderators

My gym just launched bodypump 86 last weekend, and it is tough. I'm so glad. Been sick of the old releases for a while. Nadia, I knew you'd prefer the tart cherries. It's funny how well we can get to know each other's tastes from afar!

BodyPump 86 is killer for sure! I love it!  :) Pretty sure I'll get something different today as we already had 2 full weeks of it. 

Just quick hello as I'm running late! Stayed up too late and took me a long time to go to sleep last night so scrambling a little on my meal plan today. I'm introducing corn today in the form of homemade tortillas using the lime soaked flour. Had to make them this morning because of poor planning yesterday. Took a while to get the consistency right and had to toss the first pressed one because I couldn't get it off the wax paper.  :rolleyes: Wrapped each of 3 around a strip of bacon and a pile of my normal eggs and kale scramble for little breakfast tacos. 

They tasted good but are feeling pretty heavy in my tummy. We'll see how the workout goes. On that note I should jam because I'm going to be late.

Archived